Eerrrrrrkkkkkk!!!!!!

Sibahan

Fairytale Journeys by Sibahan Sanders
:mad: I have to say, i am UTTERLY annoyed at the new reservation system. Making reservations online is great, but i think it makes it easier for alot of people, to just CHOOSE everything and anything. I cant believe i cant get ANY reservations for anything i want.. we are leaving next week, and my little princess just wanted to see the princesses.. i tried EVERY dinner or breakfast just for TWO of us.. since i had no luck with our whole party, and all week, there is NOTHING!!! NONE OF THEM! Its so aggervating!!

I cant seem to get anything i want.. every time i try, i am getting more annoyed.. i have been trying for months.. and now that we are a week away:yay:.. i am just PISSED! :mad:

I even called today to try to get a reservation for the week we are there, for a wishes dessert party.. cause my MIL is a SUPER freak when it comes to desserts.. and NOTHING all week! Gosh! I am getting annoyed! If they are going to start letting you make ANY reservations at any time.. online, they should make you use a CC to reserve them.. just my suggestion. FOR ALL THE RESIES... this is crazy that there is no where to eat except 3 places on ONE night.. i am there, and not many options at all! I have some, but these were my two desperate things.. and i just needed to vent! :grouphug:

I here ya. We are going in Nov when the crowds levels are listed as a 1 or 2 and I can't get realistic ressies on some days. Its not a real big deal since its an adults only trip and I figure if we want we can go and eat at the bar. But I agree with you what is to stop someones from just going in a goofing around?

I know how frustrating it can be but it is not the new reservation system. Most people make their dining reservations 180 days out and some 190 if staying on property. I myself made the reservations 160 days out and still couldn't get everything I wanted. Don't give up. Try when you are there too. Some people have last minute cancellations. Good luck.

BTW...the first ressie I tried for next week I got. There was an 8:10AM at Akershus for 5 people on 9/14. Not sure how many are in your party. If you give me your dates I would be happy to look for you.

Opening for restaurant reservations is 180 days. If you don't book quickly there will be some you can't get. And the Wishes dessert party is also extremely popular and books up fast, it's not surprising that you can't book one within a week. It is prepaid, so the reason you can't get one isn't because people book it and then don't show up.

Keep trying, try even when you're there, ask your resort concierge about openings, go to the restaurants and ask about openings.

Not sure where you wanted to go to see princesses, but you don't have to go to CRT...try Akershus (3 princess meals a day) or dinner at 1900 Park Fare if you like Cinderella.

If you can't get an ADR to see the princesses then you can still see the princesses in Toontown. Some princesses can also be found in different countries around the World Showcase. There are ways to see princesses without dining with them.

You didn't mention checking lunch/mid-day at Akershus. They do have princesses there all day so maybe a late lunch/early dinner would work.

Yeah. It's not the best system but it is better than getting on the phone.
If they were having issues with no shows they would add a CC. There are a few places that do this already.

Unfortunately you really have to book the stuff you want the full 180 days in advance.
I hate the idea of planning all your meals that far in advance, but the large majority of people here like it.

I have seen people on their honeymoon not be able to get reservations for the one special meal they wanted many times.

I met a guy on my last trip that had lost his executive job and this was his last big vacation with the family.
His new job was as an over the road trucker and he would not be home much and it was a lot less than he had made previously.
He spent a fortune on the vacation and his travel agent never even mentioned that he needed dinning reservations.
He bought the deluxe dinning plan and was eating at all CS locations.

All you can do is keep trying, you may get lucky.

if you are leaving next week, that is the issue. Reservations opened up 180 days ago. so I don't think at this point, only a week out, that many people are holding "extra" reservations. plus if you "double book" you risk Disney cancelling both, so not sure how many do that.

I know it is frustrating, it sounds like this is a last minute trip. and if you are using free dining, then it is extra frustrating to not find table service meals.

keep checking every day, including when you are there - things DO open up sometimes.

good luck!

You can subscribe to this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2446064
for September ADR cancellations.

You can't ASK for a cancellation but you can keep an eye on the thread in case someone cancels a reservation that fits your needs. Many people will coordinate when to cancel a reservation so someone else can pick it up.

I hear your frustration and I completely know how you feel :goodvibes

It isn't the online booking though, it has been like that for a long time. We organised a last minute trip a couple of years ago, before the online system was up and running. We were going for 21 nights and could not get into Chef Mickeys. It drove me crazy and I could not understand that it could be booked out at both meals for three weeks, all times. But it was and I kept trying daily, sometimes twice a day for a cancellation and nothing.

Anyway we just turned up one morning on opening and were seated in about 5 minutes :thumbsup2

For what it's worth, the OP did mention that she's been trying for months now.

And OP, don't lose hope. We were trying several times a day to see if there was an opening at 'Ohana (just because it's our last trip for the forseable future and we had yet to have dinner there), with no luck. Then out of nowhere, a spot opened up yesterday and I just so happened to check and jumped on it. You never know. And asking the staff at your resort to help is a good idea as well - they can sometimes work wonders that we "mere mortals" can't. ;) It's worth a shot! :goodvibes

I can't help you get those ressies but I can give you a bit of encouragement. Here is my experience from last Easter. No online reservation system yet at the time and ressies had to be made 90 days out, not 180. Of course this put major strain on the system. I could NOT get Chef Mickeys at all - for any meal for any of our 16 days. Keep in mind that this was spring break/Easter - crowd levels 9s and 10s so it was BUSY.

When we arrived I went to our front desk and asked them to check. Nothing available. The next day I went back and they pulled up a string of options for Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace. We love CP so I grabbed an extra one and took a Chef Mickey breakfast. The point is, people get halfway through their trip and might find being tied to a ressie every night is a bit restrictive. Or they are just too tired or someone in the party doesn't feel up to it. People do cancel and they do it at the last minute too. Keep trying. :wizard:

The OP did say she has been trying for months (presumably for CRT) but just called today for the Wishes dessert party.

Waiting until the last minute for reservations is not ideal. Keep trying, things may open up.

Oh trust me, i did not wait till last min.. i was calling at about 150 days.. or on line to make the ressies.. and still couldnt get them. This sucks.. just my two cents!

Thanks guys for the encouragement..i am just annoyed i guess...

I have tried every possible solution... breakfast dinner and lunch at all the princess options, for just two people.. CRT, Epcot and 1900 park fare.. NOTHING.

I will try to get to see the princesses @ The MK as suggested, but i would rather not have to wait in the lines.. which is why i dont usually do that :( Thanks guys for the suggestions.. i am going to keep trying threw next week! Hopefully it will work out. I am really bummed about the wishes tho.. i was hoping it would be available :(

What exactly are you dates? I just checked and on the 13th there is availability for Akershus. That is a great place to see the princesses and have a meal.:)

What exactly are you dates? I just checked and on the 13th there is availability for Akershus. That is a great place to see the princesses and have a meal.:)

That's what I have been finding too. Availability for both breakfast and dinner. That's why I asked what dates she was looking for and how many in her party.

I find the more flexible you are with dates/times, especially last minute, the better luck you will have.

Yep, I've found a breakfast for 2 at 9:40 next Tuesday at Akershus. Or for 4 people on the 16th at 8:05AM and for 4 people on the 14th at 8:10AM.

What dates are you looking for?

We are big fans of walkups..I felt the same about Ohana's 3 weeks ago. After the host explaining the two hour wait, our buzzer went off after the first no show.....15 minutes later. If you have time to spare, try it!:thumbsup2

Here's the thing. We were there before Labor Day, and reservations were hard to come by ahead of time. Well, we went to the restaurants, and they were EMPTY. Even Le Cellier wasn't running it's usual crowd for folks waiting for a table. CP for breakfast - half empty. SciFi (which I hadn't seen a slot available after my 180 day) - 3/4 empty. Even Coral Reef was slow. I stopped at Tony's because we had a late reservation there and they were taking walk-ins, even though I couldn't change my time to earlier.

Came to find out, when I tried to cancel an ADR, that I had three different records in the system, depending on whether I booked online, through Member Services or through Disney Dining. So people are easily making multiple ADRs, even unintentionally.

Anyway, go to the concierge desk where you are staying. You may have some luck. We were able to get a dinner at 1900 Park Faire while there. Also, try going to the restaurants and asking. You never know.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter