Eat at Home 3!

Ooooh- that chipotle alfredo sounds amazing! I always have chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in my fridge, and I make homemade alfredo sauce, so I think I will pick up the rest of the stuff to make this when I go shopping today. I have to take DS to a meeting this morning so I will make the rest of my plan while I am waiting.

As for last week's menu plan we stayed on track except for last night. We had to go pick up DH's new truck so we just had sandwiches when we got home. Poor DS- it was his birthday yesterday and he burned the top of his mouth on something the day before and didn't feel like he could eat the nachos I planned to make for him anyway. We will go out to eat wherever he chooses tonight and the rest of the week is as follows (in no particular order):

loaded beef nachos with guacamole
potato topped chicken casserole
creole pork chops with okra and dirty rice
chicken chipotle alfredo penne (thanks for the idea westcoastflgirl!) with a side salad
sirloin and veggie pitas with lemon berry smoothies
shrimp burritos (will use leftover beef for DH's) with side salad or fruit

Last Week:
Monday: stuffed pasta (I think we have tortellini) with Italian sausage meat sauce, ceasar salad. (we had pasta with the Italian sausage meat sauce, salad and garlic bread)
Tuesday: Pork chops, corn on the cob, garden salad (we had pork chops, corn, salad)
Wednesday: white fish, rice, some sort of veg (beef stirfry as wanted to use up some veggies)
Thursday: DD's birthday- dinner at the farm- meal will be Costco chicken pot pie at DD's request (MIL did the pot pies and salad)
Friday: thinking BBQ chicken, homemade potato wedges, greek salad (DD visiting bio on- DH and I had leftovers, popcorn etc)
Saturday: DD visiting bio-mom- thinking appies and such (DH and I has yummy Mexican mango dip with taco chips and taquitos and salsa/sour cream)
Sunday: leftovers probably ( taco salads- yum!)[/QUOTE]

Monday- frozen pizza (they were on sale again) and salad (had the pizza)
Tuesday- homemade chicken breast strips, frozen peas, potato product of some kind (had the homemade chicken fingers)
Wednesday- dinner at the farm (homemade burgers and fries)
Thursday- white fish or salmon, rice, frozen veg of some sort (steak and rice and peas)
Friday- (went out for Chinese for moms bday- dad got the tab and we got the leftovers!)
Saturday-
Sunday- BBQ at the outlaws farm

Last edited:
We just got back from vacation and I had things prepped in the freezer so we can ease back into life.

Tonight is garden marinara and pasta. I make a homemade sauce and add green peppers, zucchini and mushrooms.

Tomorrow will be enchiladas made with corn, black beans, salsa, cilantro and cheese.

The next 2 days will be plenty for me to do our laundry, get everything put back in its place.

For the rest of the week, I think grilled pizzas, fruit salad, pasta salad, fingerling potato salad and grilled steak.

Coming up this week:

Monday: Korean beef bowls with steamed rice and edamame-- I've posted the recipe before, but here it is again: http://damndelicious.net/2013/07/07/korean-beef-bowl/
Tuesday: Beef tortellini with garlic bread
Wednesday: Grilled cheese and slow cooker broccoli cheese soup http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/slow-cooker-broccoli-cheese-soup/
Thursday: Chicken BBQ bake http://www.thepinningmama.com/easy-barbecue-chicken-bake/
Friday: Pizza dinner at church
Coming up this week:

Monday: Korean beef bowls with steamed rice and edamame-- I've posted the recipe before, but here it is again: http://damndelicious.net/2013/07/07/korean-beef-bowl/
Tuesday: Beef tortellini with garlic bread
Wednesday: Grilled cheese and slow cooker broccoli cheese soup http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/slow-cooker-broccoli-cheese-soup/
Thursday: Chicken BBQ bake http://www.thepinningmama.com/easy-barbecue-chicken-bake/
Friday: Pizza dinner at church

Thank you for posting that Korean beef recipe we just had it and it was yummy! I lettuce wrapped mine. Kids had it over rice. Thank you

Last week went ok. We ate out one night as both of us were ill and the only thing that sounded good was Chinese soup.

Last night we has steaks with hash brown patties and grilled vegetables
Tonight we had orange chicken stir fry with noodles

Sunday: Roasted Chicken, mashed potatos, stuffing, rolls, cranberry sauce
Monday: Burgers, fruit salad, grilled asparagus
Tuesday: Grilled chicken, Salad, corn
Wednesday: Pasta, salad
Thursday: pancakes/waffles, ham, fruit
Friday: Pizza

A bit late...had to wait to hear back from the inlaws about the Father's Day weekend plans as we have to travel some distance to visit my folk and DH's folks. In the end, we are going the following weekend, so I had to fill in some weekend details.

Mon-BBQ chicken, salad
Tonight-pork tenderloin in the crockpot, salad
Wed-leftovers
Thurs-out to a BBQ
Fri-chicken wings, not sure of sides yet
Sat-pizza, veggies and dip
Sun-DH requested burgers, not sure of sides

I've been consistently going way over the grocery budget. Normally I would say that maybe we have it set too low, but I don't think that's it. I think my freezer is full and we go out every weekend and buy more than we need. So it's time to use up what's in the house. I am going to make a menu for the next few weeks that uses up what we have on hand and will only shop for milk, eggs, bread, produce and the odd fill in item for a recipe.
I'll be back to post the rest of this weeks menu once I have them all planned out.

Sunday was -Dinner at my moms.. Grilled sausages on buns, various salads, strawberry pound cake

Monday was- Chicken burgers, cucumbers and baked potatoes for the kids. Dh had a meeting and ate leftovers when he got home. I was out for end of year parent council meeting and dinner was provided.

Tuesday was - Spaghetti Pie, garden salad

Wednesday- Grilled chicken breasts, baked sweet potatoes, asparagus, side salads.

To be continued....

Using up our freezer/pantry. SOOOOOOOO close to a much needed vacation!!!:yay:

Monday: Cheese quesadillas, Spanish rice
Tuesday: Making this: http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-and-broccoli-alfredo-casserole-517285
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Baked ziti from the freezer, some kind of veggie
Friday: Either pancakes or frozen pizza
Saturday: Something either on the way or in Miami after we get settled in the hotel
Sunday: VACATION! Dinner on the cruise:love:

Menu Plan Week of June 18th

Sat - loaded beef nachos
Sun- grilled chicken Mexican salads
Monday - salmon/asparagus foil packs for grill / corn on the cob
Tuesday - beef stroganoff / zucchini
Wednesday -meatloaf, baked sweet potatoes, okra
Thursday - cube steak, mashed potatoes, beets
Friday - tilapia, eggplant casserole, peas

As of tonight, Sat. the 18th here's what we've got so far.

Tonight (Sat.) we had goulash - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/bobbys-goulash-recipe2.html

Sun. Chicken enchilada casserole. Blackberry cobbler w/vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Mon. Pulled pork sandwiches with cole slaw, baked beans, and macaroni salad

Tues. Pancakes, omelettes, bacon, and fruit

Wed. Meatball subs, and salad

Thurs. Cajun Chicken over rice, garlic bread and salad. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/142426406941246214/

Fri. Mongolian beef with rice and broccoli

Will have stuff for BLT's, ham & cheese, and maybe chili dogs as backup if plans don't work out ;)

I stuck to last week's plan except for one night. I had an unexpected late meeting, then a horrible storm came through on my way home and DH called to say we lost power so I just picked something up. This week's plan is:

Sun: enchiladas with salad
Mon: pot roast in crock pot with mashed potatoes and rolls (I have a long day at work)
Tues: Asian citrus chicken with peas and noodles
Wed: sausage jambalaya
Thu: pizza pasta
Fri: honey glazed pork chops with Southwest corn salad and crescent rolls

I stuck to last week's plan except for one night. I had an unexpected late meeting, then a horrible storm came through on my way home and DH called to say we lost power so I just picked something up.
Thu: pizza pasta

This sounds great! What recipe do you use?

I haven't posted in a very long time. I'm restarting the 21 Day Fix tomorrow, so planning to follow my plan very strictly. I have a plan for the entire day, but I'm just posting dinner for now.

Buffalo chicken over salad
Turkey meatloaf muffins, mashed cauliflower, roasted vegetables (usually zucchini)
Chili, brown rice
Tuna steak, wild/brown rice, side salad
Leftovers (always plenty of these as I live alone)
Tomato soup with a cheese quesadilla using Flatouts
Turkey burger with sauteed mushrooms and swiss cheese on Ezekial english muffin (or on lettuce leaf if used up my "yellows" for the day). corn on cob, fruit

I'm planning a birthday party for my DD. I hope to have about 30 people. I will be making all of the food myself. So all of our meals will be super easy so I can prep.

Grilled chicken salads
Taco night
Egg salad sandwiches
Veggie pizzas
Pancakes and scrambled eggs

Birthday dinner:
Pulled chicken sliders
Crock pot baked beans
Homemade potato salad
Frozen trays of mac and cheese
Grilled veggies on skewers
fruit bowl with melon, grapes, and strawberries
For the birthday cake I will be making strawberry shortcake cake from Betty crocker.
Everything can be made ahead except for the veggies.

Last Week:

Monday- frozen pizza (they were on sale again) and salad (had the pizza)
Tuesday- homemade chicken breast strips, frozen peas, potato product of some kind (had the homemade chicken fingers)
Wednesday- dinner at the farm (homemade burgers and fries)
Thursday- white fish or salmon, rice, frozen veg of some sort (steak and rice and peas)
Friday- (went out for Chinese for moms bday- dad got the tab and we got the leftovers!)
Saturday- (we had leftover Chinese!)
Sunday- BBQ at the outlaws farm (it was super yum! Steak, baked potatoes, corn, salads)

This Week:

Monday: steak fajitas (we had the steak fajitas with salad and black beans)
Tuesday: BBQ ribs, rice, veg tbd (DH did chicken stiryfy to use up some veggies in the fridge)
Wednesday: shake n bake chicken, corn maybe (we had taco salad as we had salad stuff to use up)
Thursday: stuffed pasta with pesto, salad (had the stuffed pasta with salad)
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:

Last edited:
It has been super busy around here and doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. We have a friend moving in with us for a while this week so it will be an adjustment to the grocery list adding another person that's a big eater!

Sat- We smoked ribs, corn on the cob, and baked beans (SUCH a good dinner!)
Sun- Red beans and rice with smoked sausage and French bread. I needed something quick and tried this brand https://store.louisianafishfry.com/products/entrees-and-rice-mixes.html It was REALLY good! I doubled the batch for lunches for this week. If you get this brand where you shop, I highly suggest it :)
Mon- I'm thinking tonight honey mustard, bacon, chicken sandwiches with carrots and ranch on the side and leftover beans from Saturday.
Tues- Making this sausage and tortellini soup, but putting in the crockpot and adding tortellini at the end. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/13436/italian-sausage-soup-with-tortellini/
Wed-
Thurs-I'm thinking we'll eat out tonight as we have to drive out to the far end of town to get our new bedroom set!!! Yay!!
Fri- Grilled steaks if they are on sale this week, if not maybe bratwursts... No idea on sides yet.

That's all I've got for the week! Have a great first week of Summer!!! :beach:

We just got back from vacation and we have ten months to reign it in and save towards our next trip. So that means very little eating out for a long time.

No particular order. I am still working through the freezer so some meals will be weird assortments. I am determined to get that chest freezer emptied and defrosted.

1. Grilled pork chops from freezer, something that looks like white beans, and cheesy jalapeño grits
2. Ham, applesauce, veg medley, seasoned rice of some sort
3. Breakfast, omlets, waffles, apple sauce (we make our own and have a ton frozen)
4. Bbq ham, salad, veg fried rice (or maybe the ham in the rice fried with Chinese seasonings?)
5. Mexican pizza
6. Tacos and Mexican corn
7. Mystery containers. One looks like a chili, one looks like soup beans. I will make cornbread.

Breakfast will be muffins, oatmeal and eggs (I got eggs for 49 cents a dozen and froze them scrambled). Lunch will be mystery containers from the freezer, soup, fruit, and sandwiches.

If I follow this plan I only need fruit, a bag of frozen veggies, milk, salad stuff, a block of cheese, an enchilada sauce, salsa, and corn. That isn't bad at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter