Eat All The Things - 10/31 to 11/7

bellrae

DIS Veteran
So, finally home and finally have all my photos on the computer, so thought I would share my dining adventures with everyone.

First meal of the trip was breakfast at CRT. For me it was more about trying the caramel apple stuffed french toast then the princesses, and it did not disappoint! You really do not go hungry having breakfast at CRT!

IMG_2849_zps1sxhk1of.jpg

For lunch on day 1 I had an ADR at liberty tree tavern. Sadly this was the first week of the new menu and I was unable to have any of the things I had planned on eating (I had really wanted the individual serve of the turkey - dining alone the family style they now had at lunch would be a complete waste of food. I had deliberately come for lunch not dinner for this reason, so I wasn't very happy that the option had been removed. in the end I went with the burger (which I don't seem to have a picture of...). this whole lunch was a bust really - they were running 40 minutes behind on reservations as well.

I decided to try to make up for lackluster lunch with some snacks. Dole Whip and a Halloween themed cupcake.

82EBE0BC-430E-4B1F-885A-FD013E604AF8_zpsc8zv18u9.jpg

I decided to skip dinner - but there was plenty of candy to be eaten post-MK trick or treating :)

IMG_2878_zpsbypvktnn.jpg

So, on Day 2 I headed to Epcot to hit up the Food & Wine festival.

IMG_2890_zpsg2r2tnng.jpg

I tried a few dishes (starting at the top left):

Scotland - Potato pancake with smoked salmon
Poland - Piergogi
Farm Fresh - Mac & Cheese
Morocco - Haloumi Fries
Greenhouse Guru - tomato salad
China - Roasted duck steamed bun

I was planning on having dessert at Epcot (following the Hanson concert) but the crowds were starting to get too much, so instead I snuck down to Disney Springs and bought a few little treats to enjoy back at the resort.

IMG_2905_zpsagtijhyb.jpg

On day 3 I was at the Animal Kingdom and pretty excited about my lunch ADR at Tiffins.

I loved Tiffins. I opted for an appetizer (the pate) and then the lunch special, which allows you to try two smaller portions so that you can try more dishes. I went with the beet salad and the fish crudo. For dessert I went with the lime cheesecake. I also tried one of the non-alcoholic signature cocktails, which was refreshing on a warm day.

FA7B4AC3-5DD1-47B7-9EE8-6C026F728FA6_zpsc7tobkit.jpg

On day 4 I spend most of the day at HS. For lunch I managed to find a baked potato the size of a football! thankfully I was carb loading for a runDisney weekend.

IMG_2950_zpsdjxbobvp.jpg

In the evening I headed back to Food & Wine for a light dinner.

I this time visited Greece and Canada.

IMG_2955_zpsvncjweip.jpg

IMG_2954_zpst2k9sep9.jpg

For dessert - I hit up ample hills creamery on my way back to Boardwalk.

IMG_2951_zps6v7n4ry7.jpg

On Day 5 I did the VIP tour for the Food and wine festival!

IMG_2978_zpszfgnytlu.jpg

We started out at the 'What's Cookin' With' Brunch hosted by Alex Guarnaschelli.

IMG_2967_zpsvpuialkm.jpg

Alex whipped up some cocoa nib muffins and an omelet.

IMG_2970_zpsi7kwoqy2.jpg

After some wine tasting and a spin on Soarin' we then got to try a few F&W festival dishes and discuss them with the head of food for WDW.

We tried three dishes - two from The Chew and one from Greenhouse Guru.

IMG_2971_zps1azwgphc.jpg

IMG_2973_zpspwvpgjzp.jpg

We then hit up a few more rides (including Frozen!) and then head off to another wine tasting, where they feed us again. This time we started with pumpkin soup which was AMAZING (and I'm Australian, I've eaten a lot of pumpkin soup in my life). All of the dishes were matched with wine.

IMG_2980_zpsqpqwpuwr.jpg

This was followed up with a giant steak and fish entree.

IMG_2981_zpsjx7ozjzw.jpg

And then dessert, which was a spin on a trifle.

IMG_2982_zpsy13xdihv.jpg

There was NO room for dinner after all of this!

Day 6 started with a Captains Grill breakfast (following the 10K run through Epcot).

IMG_2934_zpspdti2qkf.jpg

For lunch I headed down to Disney Springs and enjoyed some dumplings at Morimoto.

IMG_2989_zpsvh8lb2fg.jpg

For dinner I headed over to Wilderness lodge to Artist Point. I had never been here before and I feel like I have really missed out. I loved it. The staff were amazing, the food was fresh and tasty, and the restaurant felt serene with with the view. I had the cheese to start, followed by the signature salmon and the donuts for dessert. The entrees here were huge. I was unable to eat the whole thing. Oh, and the bread service was amazing!

4FB84F96-38E7-48D7-8881-0638B20E430F_zpsbuscqs1j.jpg

Day 7 was my final full day at WDW.

Breakfast was post-half marathon and was basically me gorging on pastries from the Boardwalk Bakery!

For lunch I headed over to Beaches & Cream. There I celebrated my run with a malted shake and a turkey sandwich.

IMG_3023_zpsmtydxyws.jpg

IMG_3024_zpsdq6or7gz.jpg

That evening I kept my WDW tradition of dinner at California Grill alive. I normally love Cali Grill, but after eating at Artist Point the night before I was a little disappointed. I hate to say it, but I think I prefer Artist Point! At Cali Grill I had the tomato salad, the scallops and the donuts (I like donuts!).

IMG_3035_zpsxpx50cim.jpg

oh, and I've just realised I left off my pics from the Star Wars fireworks dessert party! This was actually the best of the dessert parties I have been to. i liked that in the location you could roam around and look at the displays in launch bay, and that you could do the character meet and greets with almost no line. A few people have made comments on here about the Jawa's, but during the party they were amazing. I watched one play on the floor with two toddlers for about 15 minutes. Just having fun.

Here is a small selection of the foods.

IMG_2925_zpsjwwzcnzq.jpg
IMG_2927_zpshwb6agxl.jpg

Me too, I was so excited when I clicked on to read your review and check out your photos. Any chance you will be able to fix them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter