Easy Breakfast at MK?

Laura353741

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I am taking my mom and 7 year old son to Disney and we will be at MK this Saturday. I would like to arrive at rope drop and maybe get a quick breakfast in the park. What are your recommendations? Counter service please :) Thank you!!

I may be dreaming but didn't I read somewhere they were going to start serving breakfast at Caseys? Either that or what used to be the Main Street Bakery and is now a dreaded Starbucks.

I also brought some yogurts, fruit, and granola from the resort to enjoy with my SB coffee and pastry. Got our pick of tables in front of the Plaza restaurant to enjoy. I'm sure the tables in front of Casey's were equally empty. Have a great time!

Sleep Hollow waffles. I got the fruit and Nutella waffle and my husband was eyeing one that was a ham and cheese omelet version. You can get a waffle just with powdered sugar too.

Hi all! I am taking my mom and 7 year old son to Disney and we will be at MK this Saturday. I would like to arrive at rope drop and maybe get a quick breakfast in the park. What are your recommendations? Counter service please :) Thank you!!
Donut Sundaes at the Plaza ice cream parlor!!!

Last edited:
At that time, in my experience, any restaurant on Main will be mobbed and you'll waste precious time. Sleepy Hollow is a bit more secluded so it might be a better choice. You could also bring something with you and then have an earlier lunch without the mob. Enjoy.

If you're going to do rope drop in order to experience short lines, I would not plan to eat breakfast in the park or you'll lose your entire time advantage of rope drop. Unless you intend to arrive well in advance to give yourself time to make it to (and deal with the pre-rope drop crowds at) Casey's or the Bakery and eat on Main Street in the hour before the park officially opens, I would plan in advance to eat before leaving for MK--cereal in your room/muffins from a grab and go/McDonald's if you're off-site, that kind of a thing. Breakfast in the park always sounds like a magical idea, but it's hard to combine with actually riding anything with a short wait unless you have a Pre Park Opening ADR.

So if the park opens at 8 for EMH, will Casey's and the Bakery (and Plaza Ice Cream Parlor) be open at 7 when the turnstiles open too? The wdwmagic and wdwinfo links make it seem as though they are but the times listed on the disney website say they don't open until 9. Hoping to get a bite to eat before rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter