• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Easter Supper

scrhsa

DIS Veteran
So, after reading and posting on the thread about what do we make for Easter, I asked my dd20 what we should make. She doesn't like ham and said she wanted fried chicken. My dd17 doesn't really care. Ok, its just the 4 of us, we can that. Well, I was then asking my husband if it was ok to do fried chicken and he was good with that idea too. But he said why not get Church's chicken instead. Take out? For Easter supper? Of course I thought he was joking. Who does that? Apparently he was serious:scared1:.Very serious. For some reason he got it in his head that we need that chicken.I mean, his feelings got hurt that I didn't that I didn't take his suggestion serious. This is cracking me up:rotfl2:. He has always been BIG on home cooked holiday meals. This came out of nowhere. I'm good with this idea though. I get a nice break from cooking and he gets his take out chicken. Win/win:cheer2:. Except my dd really wanted to learn how to fry chicken. I guess we'll do that next weekend. Though, I think he really wanted me to save my energy to make home made cinnamon rolls because I told him I wasn't going to fry chicken AND make the rolls:rotfl:.

I'd check whether church's will be open on Sunday. Around here (I'm not in the bible belt) the only places open on holidays are Chinese restaurants and places serving holiday dinners.

I've decided to do a brunch instead of dinner.

Shrimp cocktail, French toast casserole, the ham I had already bought, bacon, twice baked potatoes (I just came up with this: I'll make mashed potatoes, add cheese and bacon, put them into a greased muffin pan, and bake.) Homemade waffles, maybe some chicken tenderloins, fruit salad, croissants, chocolate chip muffins, rice krispie treats and I'm not sure what else.

Mom is bringing fixings for ice cream sundaes, I have some cupcakes.

I'll pick up some champagne for mimosas; I already have OJ and cranberry juice and sparkling grape juice for the kids.

Last edited:

I'd check whether church's will be open on Sunday. Around here (I'm not in the bible belt) the only places open on holidays are Chinese restaurants and places serving holiday dinners.

I brought that up to him. His response " Sure it's open. Not everyone cooks for Easter". Goofy man. I have back up just in case :)

I'm "putting on" an Easter feast for a friend that's recently suffered a great tragedy and is not really up to it yet. She wants it served at her house and the menu will be whatever she wants/likes. Pretty sure we're going with a traditional ham dinner but apparently she's invited a Middle-eastern refugee family we're all involved with. They're really "new" and have never had a North-American Easter meal and are not accustomed to eating pork at all. I'm thinking I'll throw together a stuffed turkey breast just to cover all the bases.

I'm "putting on" an Easter feast for a friend that's recently suffered a great tragedy and is not really up to it yet. She wants it served at her house and the menu will be whatever she wants/likes. Pretty sure we're going with a traditional ham dinner but apparently she's invited a Middle-eastern refugee family we're all involved with. They're really "new" and have never had a North-American Easter meal and are not accustomed to eating pork at all. I'm thinking I'll throw together a stuffed turkey breast just to cover all the bases.

How very kind of you.

Traditional Polish/Eastern European breakfast here: hard boiled eggs, ham, smoked kielbasa, rye bread, coffee cake, horseradish, etc....each with their own symbolic meaning in the basket to be blessed.

MIL is doing dinner, so I'm sure it will be ham and whatever else she wants. She's not big in veggies or side dishes unless it's refried rice or mashed potatos.

I'm bringing a white cake with frosting made of cool whip, crushed pineapple, and instant pudding mix, topped with fresh berries. Probably the most healthy thing we will eat.

Traditional Polish/Eastern European breakfast here: hard boiled eggs, ham, smoked kielbasa, rye bread, coffee cake, horseradish, etc....each with their own symbolic meaning in the basket to be blessed.

MIL is doing dinner, so I'm sure it will be ham and whatever else she wants. She's not big in veggies or side dishes unless it's refried rice or mashed potatos.

I'm bringing a white cake with frosting made of cool whip, crushed pineapple, and instant pudding mix, topped with fresh berries. Probably the most healthy thing we will eat.

I remember bringing a basket of Easter food to church on the Saturday before Easter to be blessed by the priest.

We're having dinner at DD's apartment. She'll be serving the ham I earned by spending $400 at Shop Rite. I didn't get the free ham, but rather the $1.79 off per pound for a pre-sliced buffet ham.

I could totally go with fried chicken for Easter! It's kind of funny, we're a tourist town, so the nearby chicken place closed in Sept. for renovations. I'm counting the days until they re-open! If you were feeling ambitious, you could make the sides. Or not--if your Dh wants to give you a break, you might want to grab the opportunity with both hands.

As for us, we're not doing anything special, but ham was so cheap, I picked one up, so we'll have that. I'm not sure about go-withs just yet.

We used to do KFC for Christmas Eve...it was perfect!

We have reservations at a local Italian joint. Not feeling it this year, though. I might stay home.

The kids all went to Florida so it's just DH and I. We are skipping a big Easter meal this year and will just do sandwiches and yard work after church.

We're skipping the traditional ham dinner too. I've ordered the deli tray from Costco. We have some side salads coming. I'll make up a fruit salad & we have a cheesecake coming too. Along with candy, our brunch is covered.

We are having steak and lobsters, baked potatoes and veggies. And of course dessert, but I'm not sure what. We aren't very traditional or religious, but my sister will be in town with one of my nephews.

With church taking up most of the morning, it is hard to pull off a big lunch. We've eaten out many Easters, mostly at a club where fried chicken was always on the menu (along with boiled shrimp and prime rib).

This year, I think I'm going to do lamb chops, rice pilaf, stuffed eggs, a veggie, dinner rolls, and either cheese cake or coconut cake for dessert. DD is with exH this year for Easter and was afraid he wasn't going to do anything, so I invited them both over for Easter lunch to eliminate the chance of that happening.

Friends of ours host Easter and their family tradition is Easter Tacos so tacos with all the fixins is what is on the menu. And what everyone else brings. I'll be taking deviled eggs and a couscous salad. I know someone else is bringing a taco salad and there'll be a veggie tray at the very least.

I've decided to do a brunch instead of dinner.

Shrimp cocktail, French toast casserole, the ham I had already bought, bacon, twice baked potatoes (I just came up with this: I'll make mashed potatoes, add cheese and bacon, put them into a greased muffin pan, and bake.) Homemade waffles, maybe some chicken tenderloins, fruit salad, croissants, chocolate chip muffins, rice krispie treats and I'm not sure what else.

Mom is bringing fixings for ice cream sundaes, I have some cupcakes.

I'll pick up some champagne for mimosas; I already have OJ and cranberry juice and sparkling grape juice for the kids.
I will drive by…..:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter