Easter Dinner at/near Aulani or wait a couple of days and go to Napa Rose at DLR?

DizKids2

Mouseketeer
The title pretty much says it all. Our family will be at Aulani for Easter, then headed to Disneyland a couple of days after the holiday. Trying to maintain somewhat of a reasonable food budget traveling with 3 teenagers so I settled on having one very nice dinner.
My debate now is do I book Makahiki or someplace near Aulani and do our nice dinner for Easter, or hold off and go to Napa Rose at DLR? We are staying at the Grand Californian while at Disney.

I haven't been to Napa Rose, but Roy's Ko Olina has great food and is walking distance from Aulani.

I'm gonna comment on the three teenagers part of this. Are your teens big eaters? If so, Napa Rose isn't the place for you. The portions there are VERY small for the price and we sat next to a table last time that had 2 teenagers and they kept having to order more food because they were still hungry. Seriously. I don't even want to know what the bill ended up being. As an example, the steak is $58 and is about a 6oz filet with a couple bites of steamed vegetables as the accompaniment. There aren't really "sides" on the menu right now, so you pretty much have to order a starter and app and entree plus dessert to leave full. That's around $100 per person.

I'd do your nice Easter family dinner in Hawaii and then let the kids loose in the parks or leave them in the hotel room while the adults have a nice dinner at NR.

I'm gonna comment on the three teenagers part of this. Are your teens big eaters? If so, Napa Rose isn't the place for you. The portions there are VERY small for the price and we sat next to a table last time that had 2 teenagers and they kept having to order more food because they were still hungry. Seriously. I don't even want to know what the bill ended up being. As an example, the steak is $58 and is about a 6oz filet with a couple bites of steamed vegetables as the accompaniment. There aren't really "sides" on the menu right now, so you pretty much have to order a starter and app and entree plus dessert to leave full. That's around $100 per person.

I'd do your nice Easter family dinner in Hawaii and then let the kids loose in the parks or leave them in the hotel room while the adults have a nice dinner at NR.
They can be big eaters, but can also appreciate a smaller portion of very good food and be content even though it might mean going out for a snack shortly after. I wouldn’t be ordering up extra filet’s until they were full😀. Thank you for pointing out the lack of sides too. Maybe at this time from a general food option choice we would be better off at Roy’s or someplace nice in Hawaii.

They can be big eaters, but can also appreciate a smaller portion of very good food and be content even though it might mean going out for a snack shortly after. I wouldn’t be ordering up extra filet’s until they were full😀. Thank you for pointing out the lack of sides too. Maybe at this time from a general food option choice we would be better off at Roy’s or someplace nice in Hawaii.

The menu at NR is severely limited right now and there's no way to know what it will be in April, but check back closer to your dates to see if things have improved there and then make your decision. You can always book NR and then cancel the day before if you change your mind. It's a phenomenal restaurant, but very much not geared towards families with children (it's a long meal as well). My teens would be SO done after an hour or so. It's usually a 2-3 hour deal.

I‘ve done both Roy’s and Napa Rose. If you’re interested in Roy’s call the restaurant to see if they will be serving a prix fixe menu for Easter. I was there over the Christmas/New Years holidays and a lot of restaurants were only serving prix fixe menus. Roy’s was one of them and the price was dependent on your entree and was about $100-120 per person for 3-4 courses. Sometimes it takes them awhile to post the holiday menus, but they will email it to you if you ask. As long as Napa Rose doesn’t have that restriction, that may be something to consider. Unless things have changed, Roy’s was taking reservations about 60 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter