• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Easter Break 2019

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
When do people have off from school for Easter break, The week before or the week after Easter(Easter is April 21 2019)

At our school district in Canada we don't get a full week off with Easter, just Good Friday and Easter Monday (so a 4-day weekend).

Our spring/March break is not tied to Easter, it's in mid March.

Seems like many of the schools in central Indiana are the last week of March or first week of April. Ours is the first week of April every year without regard for when Easter falls.

Massachusetts is always the 3rd full week in April and NH is the week after regardless of when Easter falls

Parts of NJ have Good Friday and the week after Easter off, not all school districts in the state are the same.

Thanks for the responses. That is why there still seems to be studios and 2 bedrooms( that is what I am checking) available the week before Easter.

Many parts of the country differ - some no april vacation but will take march. I am in MA and we happen to have the week after Easter. Some times in the theme park forum there is a thread where people can report when they have school vacation.

Many parts of the country differ - some no april vacation but will take march. I am in MA and we happen to have the week after Easter. Some times in the theme park forum there is a thread where people can report when they have school vacation.

Good to know I will look for that thread

Nyc/ Long Island.... week after Easter. We are always off Passover week. Didn’t realize it wasn’t Easter till they were in different parts of month a year or so ago.
Kerri

Thanks for the responses. That is why there still seems to be studios and 2 bedrooms( that is what I am checking) available the week before Easter.

Also because rooms cost as much as Xmas in points!!

NYC kids have April 19-28

In NYC, if Passover is close enough to Easter, they close schools for that entire span. I remember in 2017 the Easter-Passover break was something like 11 days long - it was longer than the Christmas/New Year's break.

Actually the vacation schedules have only some effect. Easter and all the spring break weeks are fairly moderate DVC demand times. The high demand late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan DVC season makes the March and April spring break weeks look like a slow off-season for DVC demand and there are usually many things open at 7 months out during the spring break weeks other than "usual suspects" which can disappear before 7 months out most anytime of year: VGF studios, AKV value and club level, BWV standard and boardwalk view studios and 2BRs, BLT standard view, and to some extent BCV studios and 2BRs and BLT theme park view. Of importance, however, will be to make sure you book exactly 7 months out and preferably online at 8 a.m. eastern.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter