• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early Morning Magic tip

For our family I don't feel it's worth it. Maybe if they had more rides open during the time. Now on the other hand, if Epcot had this, I would spend that or even more to go ride Soarin,test track and frozen before the masses come out.

We had 7DMT down and that really blew the EMM for us. It didn't matter we could ride until noon because we had FP+ in other areas of park and plans. It was too late to move some of them so we felt very short changed. We won't do it again.

wow so you paid EMM and weren't able to ride 7DMT? I am suprised they didn't give you extra fp's or something to make up for the loss.

Thanks. Good info! I also considered heading to Tomorrowland to RD Space (my favorite ride) and others in that area but my kids really like Splash and so I was hoping to RD it (plus BTMRR) hightail it back to breakfast and then surprise the kids with a second ride on Splash since we have a 10-11 FP for it. We'll see if my grand plan works!

Great plan DanielNYC! We actually did the exact thing. Did EMM, rope dropped BTMRR and Splash, ate breakfast from 10-10:30ish, then went back and used our first FP for Splash for 10-11:00! It was awesome especially since it was such a hot day.
Have fun!

We had 7DMT down and that really blew the EMM for us. It didn't matter we could ride until noon because we had FP+ in other areas of park and plans. It was too late to move some of them so we felt very short changed. We won't do it again.

wow so you paid EMM and weren't able to ride 7DMT? I am suprised they didn't give you extra fp's or something to make up for the loss.

Obviously, it's not what anyone wants to have happen. But I think a 3 hour unlimited FP for the ride is substantial enough compensation.

We are looking to park at TTC. Does anyone know how early there is transportation from TTC to MK for EMM?? Is it the monorail?

There is transportation. What it is depends on the day. Express monorail probably won't be running but Disney will direct you to either the ferry or resort monorail. We have even been told to get on the bus before. One way or another Disney will get you there. It is a lot easier now than in the past since you do security/bag check before getting on the transportation.

There is transportation. What it is depends on the day. Express monorail probably won't be running but Disney will direct you to either the ferry or resort monorail. We have even been told to get on the bus before. One way or another Disney will get you there. It is a lot easier now than in the past since you do security/bag check before getting on the transportation.
Thank you! I'm just glad to know that we won't get stranded at TTC. Thanks again

We're doing EMM this coming Sunday (8/27). For those of you who have done this before, is it realistic to try to hit both Splash and BTMRR right at rope drop before hightailing it back for breakfast? It seems doable on paper.

We're doing EMM this coming Sunday (8/27). For those of you who have done this before, is it realistic to try to hit both Splash and BTMRR right at rope drop before hightailing it back for breakfast? It seems doable on paper.
If you don't dilly-dally, you should be good.

It seems like a ridiculous upcharge at first... but then you realize that the tickets are limited . So you can get a LOT accomplished in Fantasyland without 20,000 other people shoving and pushing at you. There's three rides you don't have to FP+ or stand in the standby line for!

Plus breakfast buffet... which I can refill a plate ~4x for cheaper than the character buffet meals! (Yes, yes the price for Character Meals might be cheaper but I have to STOP shovelling food into my face and wipe myself off everytime a character shows up at my table. I love to do it but it cuts into my eating time LOL)

So I am hoping to use EMM on our next trip, oh yeah!

Edit: I originally said tickets were limited to ~2000 - that was JUST a number I thought I had seen on the Dis before! Hearsay info! ;) Sorry!

Last edited:
It seems like a ridiculous upcharge at first... but then you realize that the tickets are limited to like 2000 every morning. So you can get a LOT accomplished in Fantasyland without 20,000 other people shoving and pushing at you. There's three rides you don't have to FP+ or stand in the standby line for!

Plus breakfast buffet... which I can refill a plate ~4x for cheaper than the character buffet meals! (Yes, yes the price for Character Meals might be cheaper but I have to STOP shovelling food into my face and wipe myself off everytime a character shows up at my table. I love to do it but it cuts into my eating time LOL)

So I am hoping to use EMM on our next trip, oh yeah!

#2,000? Last year when this was first introduced the rumors were that tickets were limited to ~300. I think that was from some of the bloggers. It certainly didn't seem like 2,000 people.

On another note - any rumors about continuing this in November?? I have checked some dates in October and they are not sold out. I hope Disney continues EMM past October!!

#2,000? Last year when this was first introduced the rumors were that tickets were limited to ~300. I think that was from some of the bloggers. It certainly didn't seem like 2,000 people.

On another note - any rumors about continuing this in November?? I have checked some dates in October and they are not sold out. I hope Disney continues EMM past October!!

When we did the Emm at studios, there wer 32 people in line waiting with us to get in. Worth every penny

When we did the Emm at studios, there wer 32 people in line waiting with us to get in. Worth every penny

I agree - loved it last December and we didn't go crazy on the rides but still had fun (3x7d, 3xPP, 2xPooh) and then we were 2nd in line for the princesses. But with only 32 people, I don't see why they would keep it going :-(

I'm counting on not too many people. I'll be going on September 19th. I've been on Seven Dwarfs and Peter pan but never Winnie the Pooh. What order would you suggest I use? My first instinct is Seven Dwarfs but maybe everybody goes there first.

We're going in early September, and now I really can't wait. Do the Minnie Vans drop off right at the Magic Kingdom gate or just at the TTC? I would definitely take one to reduce stress of trying to catch an early bus.

My only quibble is that I wish they'd let us in maybe 15 minutes before everyone else so that we could get more deserted pictures in front of the castle. :)

I was there on a sold out Morning last week. I didn't ride the Mine Train all on my lonesome like on previous EMM but I never had to wait longer than it took the next train to arrive.

We did this on Sunday 8/13. When we first got to 7DMT two of the trains weren't running. We had to wait a couple minutes and then our train got stuck in the mine for about 2 minutes. After that it went really smoothly. We rode it 5 times, PP and Pooh once, grabbed a pastry and drinks and did RD for Space. Leisurely went to breakfast after then did HM with no wait. Pirates with just over 10 min wait and FP for Splash and Thunder. It was great! We also got several photos in front of and beside the castle.

We did this on Sunday 8/13. When we first got to 7DMT two of the trains weren't running. We had to wait a couple minutes and then our train got stuck in the mine for about 2 minutes. After that it went really smoothly. We rode it 5 times, PP and Pooh once, grabbed a pastry and drinks and did RD for Space. Leisurely went to breakfast after then did HM with no wait. Pirates with just over 10 min wait and FP for Splash and Thunder. It was great! We also got several photos in front of and beside the castle.
That's great information, even with a glitch you were able to do so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter