• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early Morning Magic MK Review

tinkerbella16

DIS Veteran
We just returned from a wonderful trip to the world. We did EMM at MK on Tuesday 9/6 and I must say, it was SO worth it and something we hope they'll continue to do. We would definitely do it again if we could. Myself, my sister, BIL and my 1.5 year old niece went. We arrive at MK at 7:30am to check in. We were let in at 7:45am and got some great pictures in front of the castle with no crowds around. Guests with PPO ADR's and EMM guests are in the same line at the gates, so it looked like there was a lot of people going to the event, but once we were in, it felt like we were the only ones there for it. The majority of those in line were for early breakfasts. We wanted to do the rides first and then have breakfast at 9am when the park opened. Peter Pans Flight, Mine Train, Winnie the Pooh and the Carousel were all open for EMM. We did PP 5 times, WTP 5 times and Mine Train 5 times. It was awesome! They let us stay on Winnie the Pooh, so we didn't have to get off and walk back on.

Breakfast at Pinocchios was really great! Great options and the french toast was delicious! It was practically empty inside and very quiet and relaxing. What a great buffet they had set up!

Here are a few photos of our morning. My niece LOVED running around Fantasyland with nobody around! It was our favorite morning of the whole trip. Wish it was longer lol.

Anyone who is thinking of doing this, do it! It is so worth it!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing! We have this booked for three weeks from today and can't wait! Did you have to go through the FP line for PP, or did you have the option to go through the standby line?

Thank you for sharing! We have this booked for three weeks from today and can't wait! Did you have to go through the FP line for PP, or did you have the option to go through the standby line?
We had to go through the FP line. We were hoping we'd be able to see the interactive queue in stand by though.

@tinkerbella16
What a cutie patootie your DN is!
So adorable!

We've booked 2 for our trip in December, one for MK and one for HS! So looking forward to it! Glad to know the carousel is also added in. it's one DH and I both love!

I've read a lot of good reports about the food as well!
Glad you had a great time!

@tinkerbella16
What a cutie patootie your DN is!
So adorable!

We've booked 2 for our trip in December, one for MK and one for HS! So looking forward to it! Glad to know the carousel is also added in. it's one DH and I both love!

I've read a lot of good reports about the food as well!
Glad you had a great time!
You will have a great time! The buffet was really good and not crazy and crowded at all with people. I thought waffles were one of the items in the buffet, but they must be switching out the waffles and french toast since we had french toast on our morning. I am glad we did, because it was so good and exactly how I like it with a lot of cinnamon.

Thanks for the report. I keep going back and forth if I should book this for our upcoming trip.
I say do it at least once. Seems like so many people have no clue about this event. I spoke to another guest staying at our resort and I was telling them about the event and how much we loved it and she had no idea what I was talking about and had never heard of it. Doing those rides so many times each really freed up FP's for us on our other MK days. We were able to FP so many other things.

I say do it at least once. Seems like so many people have no clue about this event. I spoke to another guest staying at our resort and I was telling them about the event and how much we loved it and she had no idea what I was talking about and had never heard of it. Doing those rides so many times each really freed up FP's for us on our other MK days. We were able to FP so many other things.
I kinda don't want to tell people about it! I want to keep it a Disboards secret (Ha) so that it never becomes crowded!!! lol

I kinda don't want to tell people about it! I want to keep it a Disboards secret (Ha) so that it never becomes crowded!!! lol
Haha! That's what my sister said! It was only one person that I spoke to, but everyone at the gate for early ADR's were wondering what the wristbands were for that we were wearing. But I agree! Lol

We went to EMM at Magic Kingdom in May. I don't remember seeing Photopass photographers, but we have pictures of the whole group with our EMM wristbands on and the mine train ride video from the event, so they must have been there!

We need to keep this between this DIS folks. Lol. Great trip report. Hopefully afterwards my wife will understand why I spend 250 bucks for an hour.
Haha! It seems like an hour, but it is a bit more since breakfast goes until 10am! Actually a CM at Pinocchios Village Haus told us that they keep the buffet open a little past 10am so folks can get more food if they want. I wish you could ride the rides longer, but it was still great and we were able to ride 15 times from 7:50-9am.

Thanks for your report! We have EMM for 10/25, so I appreciate knowing that it worked well. We are going to do the same thing you did, ride first and eat later. My son is still an early riser, so we figured we would value this extra park time in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter