Early Morning Magic (MK) - Arrival Time, Bag Check, Entry Timing?

jhammond3966

Mouseketeer
For those who have done EMM at MK so far, I read that it "opens" at 7:45am, but am curious about your arrival experiences:

(1) What time did they actually let you go into the park to start walking back towards 7DMT and the other 2 rides? Is it like rope drop where they will let you in before the start time, so you are at the rides right at 7:45am?

(2) Do they let you in before 7:45am so you can leisurely walk down Main Street and get some photos taken before the start of EMM?
(3) How early before 7:45 did you arrive at MK - how long did bag check take, etc? Trying to figure out when we need to arrive at MK to allow enough time for bag check, etc. so we get in right when they let us in.
Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Hello! We did EMM at MK in October. We arrived at security at 7:20am. They had separate gates for EMM and early ADRs. We waited about 5-10 minutes after we went through security before they did the welcome show and let us enter at exactly 7:45am. We went straight to Fantasyland and unfortunately did not stop for castle pictures. I have read before that they do have photo pass available but I don't remember seeing them personally.

Hello! We did EMM at MK in October. We arrived at security at 7:20am. They had separate gates for EMM and early ADRs. We waited about 5-10 minutes after we went through security before they did the welcome show and let us enter at exactly 7:45am. We went straight to Fantasyland and unfortunately did not stop for castle pictures. I have read before that they do have photo pass available but I don't remember seeing them personally.

What kind of "Welcome Show" did they do for EMM?

What kind of "Welcome Show" did they do for EMM?
I apologize! We did not see the welcome show that morning. I just texted my friend to ask and she said we didn't so I must have had the mornings confused. We were let in right at 7:45am though.

I apologize! We did not see the welcome show that morning. I just texted my friend to ask and she said we didn't so I must have had the mornings confused. We were let in right at 7:45am though.

Thanks for the clarification!

We just did this last Tuesday. We got to MK at around 7:30am. There was a cast member checking in EMM people at the very left side of the entrance, and they gave you a wristband. Then you wait with all the other people who are there for early entry. At exactly 7:45am, they open the gate. You are directed to walk directly to fantasyland by cast members, but you can stop for pictures. Once you get to Fantasyland, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, the carousel, and 7DMT were open and running. DD and I did each ride once and 7DMT a few more times. Pinocchio Village house opened around 8:15am for breakfast (I think) and stayed open until 10:15am. At around 8:30am we stopped for a plate of food which was very good. Then right before park opening, we headed toward Haunted Mansion and rode that and Splash Mountain with no wait. At around 9:45 we went back to PVH and grabbed another plate of food. And a pastry to go. By that time, lines had started to build.

A fantastic experience worth every penny. I highly recommend it. Just being in the park when it is cool with no crowds is so amazing.

For those who have done EMM at MK so far, I read that it "opens" at 7:45am, but am curious about your arrival experiences:

(1) What time did they actually let you go into the park to start walking back towards 7DMT and the other 2 rides? Is it like rope drop where they will let you in before the start time, so you are at the rides right at 7:45am?

(2) Do they let you in before 7:45am so you can leisurely walk down Main Street and get some photos taken before the start of EMM?
(3) How early before 7:45 did you arrive at MK - how long did bag check take, etc? Trying to figure out when we need to arrive at MK to allow enough time for bag check, etc. so we get in right when they let us in.
Any thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated.
We did not do EMM but had a 7:55 CRT reservation the same day as EMM. We stayed at BWV and didn't want to be late so we got down to the bus stop at 6:40 or so-there was already a bus waiting and when we got on the driver promptly left. We actually arrived before security opened (just before 7 am). Once through security (they opened around 7) they send you to the left to "check in". At that point they divided everyone into 3 lines (EMM, PPO ADRs, and tours). They give EMM guests their wristbands at that point. Once they had the tapstiles on we were allowed to all "enter" MK but were then held at a rope by the train station tunnel until 7:45. At that time we were all let into MK together. Photopass photographers are available near the end of Main Street/hub area to take pictures with the castle behind you.
I would suggest arriving between 7 and 7:30. Security did not open before 7 so no point in getting there earlier. By 7:30 you will be toward the back of the PPO crowd so it may take a couple extra minutes to enter behind them all and they will all be in your "empty" Main Street pictures. We literally were the first ones through the rope and still have a few people in our pictures (some were actually jogging down Main Street to get to the rides for EMM).

I remember being let in on the dot when we did it this summer. I just wanted to add that the day we did it - the Mine Train was down until maybe 9:15 or 9:30am? So of course that was our major reason for wanting to do it in the first place! However...as it turned out they said our EMM wristbands would allow us to ride the Mine Train or the other 2 rides using the Fast Pass line as much as we wanted until noon I think. In any case - we went to eat breakfast and rode the other 2 rides once or twice - and used the wristband to ride the Mine Train (at least my son and our friend did) about 14 times in a row - lol! (They had a goal of 14 times and reached it). So if you are wondering what happens if the rides are down for some reason - most likely it will work out in your favor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter