• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early May is without a doubt the best time to go!

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
Gonna type this quick before I get on my four day cruise but...

The kids are mostly still in school so the parks on l the days we went were not crowded at ALL it was insane actuall how little Magic Kingdom had people in it.

FastPasses for everything were available without any kind of helic planning or worrying about it. Everything I wanted was available 30 days out it was excellent.

The weather isn't HUMID and hot yet. Yes it got quite up there a few days but it wasn't humid it was actually so refreshing to be away from NYC in the brisk breezy weather.

Maybe because the cast members weren't innovated with crowds they seemed more pleasent!

The flower and garden showcase absouelty gives Epcot character and brings it to life!

Again if you want a low crowded easy WDW trip early May could be your best bet! Right before the holidays get out any everyone has off!

May is absolutely the best time to go, but the later in the month you go, the more chance of rain. I've noticed that around Memorial Day Weekend, the weather starts to change quickly from hot and dry to hot and humid. I actually prefer the first week of May, but I'm always willing to risk it for SWW!!!! Enjoy your cruise!

I agree it's a great time to go. A few kids in my dd's class are in Disney this week and couple went last week.

I agree! Unfortunately, after 9 straight years of late April or early May trips, we're forced to do June this year :(

May is absolutely the best time to go, but the later in the month you go, the more chance of rain. I've noticed that around Memorial Day Weekend, the weather starts to change quickly from hot and dry to hot and humid. I actually prefer the first week of May, but I'm always willing to risk it for SWW!!!! Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks not ONE drop of rain can you believe it! Not even a sun shower and no humidity!

I like November and December because of the holidays but so does everyone else.

For "normal park" days it was a pleasent surprise and I would clearly recommend t to anyone!

I agree! We just can't seem to schedule the trip around everything else going on at that time. But we have been able to do so a few times and it was great.

I do agree early May is a very good time to go! We did May 9-16 2013 and thought it was great. Swimming weather every day, NO RAIN! Hot, mid-high 80's but no humidity until our very last day. Oct. is still my favorite month for Disney but if you want a guaranteed warm month it sure beats July or Aug :sunny:

Hmmm, as we homeschool and my birthday is May 6th we may have to look into an early May WDW trip!

Trust me I've been throughout all times and I'm assuming since the holidays are approaching for this time everyone is holding out until then.

Walk into Kali River Rapids most things were walk on with little to no wait

Totally agree. First week in May was delightful..However, I don't know what day you were at MK, but we were there Monday 5/4 and it was PACKED, especially fantasyland (ok, it is ALWAYS packed) and Frontierland. My strategy is get in to Fantasyland and get out as quick as possible...

I was there too (i am home now after 8 Fantastic days). I use my desabilities pass and fastpass and it was perfect. I can made 6 attractions per day!

We were just there May 2-9 and the weather was perfect. Perfect! It rained the morning we went to DHS but stopped and the sun was out before we got to the park for RD. I felt like the park itself was crowded, but I had nothing to compare it to, since I hadn't been there since 1981, but there really were no lines. We never waited more than 10 minutes for anything we didn't have a FP+ for.

I agree, we were there at this time last year (May 10-19 2014), and it was SO awesome! We've been talking about going back next year, and this would be when we'd go again.

I agree it's a nice time to go! I usually go in the first few days of May and did this year too. However, having done this for many years in a row, I have to add that the weather we just had (perfect with no rain!) is not the norm from my experience. Usually every time I go for the first week of May, there is at least one soaking wet washout day or half day. And a few afternoon storms. So the rainy season is kind of getting underway in May.

I come down every year for the runDisney race the first week in May (Everest Challenge). Last year it was cold and it rained and I was soaked for the race... the year before, it rained so hard one night it was like a wall of water coming down sideways, I wound up staying at the resort rather than trying to swim through the parks... it was just TOO wet and miserable.

But this year's weather was amazing!!! Loved it. :sunny: I'd still choose to come back this time of year again!

Wow, I feel like we're having a completely different experience! We're here right now and it's been very crowded! Maybe I've just had bad luck with the parks we've been to. And it's very hot - in the 90s. We usually go in the fall when it's 80s. I was just thinking that I would never do May again!

Wow, I feel like we're having a completely different experience! We're here right now and it's been very crowded! Maybe I've just had bad luck with the parks we've been to. And it's very hot - in the 90s. We usually go in the fall when it's 80s. I was just thinking that I would never do May again!

This!!! I was reading the original post and couldn't believe we were at the same place! I just got back from a 5 day trip and it was HOT. 90's but probably even warmer in the parks because it was very crowded! And that was with going to the recommended parks! Although we had a blast, we also said we probably won't come back in May because the heat and crowds were much worse than our usual trips in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter