• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early Entry ?

TINKERIFIC

HOUSEHOLD CEO
Allears posts this regarding early entry rides:

Early Entry is generally offered every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. It allows guests to enter Fantasyland and Tomorrowland one hour before park opening. The following attractions are available:

Alice in Wonderland
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
King Arthur Carrousel
Mad Tea Party
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Peter Pan's Flight
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Space Mountain

During the Early Entry hour some shops and restaurants on Main Street will also be open

Is the portion regarding rides accurate? Or, are all rides in the two lands open during the hour?

Allears posts this regarding early entry rides:

Early Entry is generally offered every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. It allows guests to enter Fantasyland and Tomorrowland one hour before park opening. The following attractions are available:

Alice in Wonderland
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
King Arthur Carrousel
Mad Tea Party
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Peter Pan's Flight
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Space Mountain

During the Early Entry hour some shops and restaurants on Main Street will also be open

Is the portion regarding rides accurate? Or, are all rides in the two lands open during the hour?

That sounds about right

Sounds about right as those 2 lands are the only ones open, so many people head right there to do fantasyland first as it gets crowded once rope drops. The other sections will be roped off till park opens.

I agree it is worth getting up early! Even my Huband thought so. I never thought I would get my Husband to ride Dumbo, let alone at 7.15 in the morning!! We blitzed Fantasyland in no time and normally wouldn't get to ride many of them in the whole trip!

dumb question:

Is EE a guarantee for ALL resort guests or must it be part of your purchased package? We're staying at GC next week and would LOVE to walk in an hour early (and pound out Fantasyland like we used to when EE was in effect YEARS ago).

THANKS
C

Actually they are not. Some rides in FL and TL are not open such as StorybookLand Canal Boats, IASW, Autopia and HISTA.

I cant vouch for IASW, HISTA or Autopia but I have ridden the canal boats during ee...it was like the 2nd ride we went on after Peter Pan on ee days

I cant vouch for IASW, HISTA or Autopia but I have ridden the canal boats during ee...it was like the 2nd ride we went on after Peter Pan on ee days
The EE rides are always "subject to change". The StoryBookLand Canal Boats are not typically open during EE. In fact, your report here is the first I have ever heard about them being open during EE. So your experience was not typical.

Is EE a guarantee for ALL resort guests or must it be part of your purchased package? We're staying at GC next week and would LOVE to walk in an hour early (and pound out Fantasyland like we used to when EE was in effect YEARS ago).

Yep. For everyday that you are a resort guest and DL offers EE, you are eligible. As mentioned before, EE is only offered M, T, TH, Sa so if you (hypothetically) happen to stay at the GC/PP/DLH for a full week, you can get in early 4 times.

dumb question:

THANKS
C

It one of those unadvertised guarantees, as it is subject to change. When you arrive at the hotel they will give you a white piece of paper that is your charge slip, this will also allow you EE when you present it at the gate.

Anyone know whether Nemo is going to be an EE ride?

Right now, I'm planning to concentrate my efforts in Fantasyland on my early entry day (tuesday) and do Nemo first on a day like Wednesday when there is no early entry at all.

Just want to make sure that everyone is aware of the rules. If you are staying at a Disney Restort Hotel, Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier, you may use early entry as many days as it is available no matter if you have regular tickets or a pass holder. If you stay at a non-disney resort hotel, you may only use early entry once on your ticket. We just returned from 6 days mar 4 - mar 9 and used all early entry days but saw many families who waited 1/2 hr in line for early entry and were turned away because they had already used their early entry and were staying at a non-disney hotel and then had to go wait in the normal entry line for 1 hour more. It also jams up the lines at the gates for the people who do have early entry but are stalled at the gates as the castmember explains the rules over and over again to people.

Early Entry is awesome. We walked onto Space Mountain twice.

Just want to make sure that everyone is aware of the rules. If you are staying at a Disney Restort Hotel, Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier, you may use early entry as many days as it is available no matter if you have regular tickets or a pass holder. If you stay at a non-disney resort hotel, you may only use early entry once on your ticket.

I am glad you have verified this first hand. We are staying at the DLH in June and I just received my confirmation papers. It states one EE to Fantasyland on the confirmation. I was confused when I saw this, so I was going to call.

Can I ask if your confirmation stated this when you received it? Just want to make sure I'm not in for a disappointment when I get there.

By the way, we are staying for three nights with a three day PH and would use EE on Tues and Thurs if possible. Thoughts??

Just want to make sure that everyone is aware of the rules. If you are staying at a Disney Restort Hotel, Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel or Paradise Pier, you may use early entry as many days as it is available no matter if you have regular tickets or a pass holder. If you stay at a non-disney resort hotel, you may only use early entry once on your ticket. We just returned from 6 days mar 4 - mar 9 and used all early entry days but saw many families who waited 1/2 hr in line for early entry and were turned away because they had already used their early entry and were staying at a non-disney hotel and then had to go wait in the normal entry line for 1 hour more. It also jams up the lines at the gates for the people who do have early entry but are stalled at the gates as the castmember explains the rules over and over again to people.

Early Entry is awesome. We walked onto Space Mountain twice.
I need to clarify here, as you wanted to make sure "everyone is aware of the rules" and then you mis-stated the rules. ;)

The part about the Disney hotels you got right. The part about the non-Disney hotels you got almost right. Early Entry for anyone not staying at a Disney hotel is available for one day if you have a 3 day or more parkhopper bonus ticket. Those with single day or 2 day tickets cannot use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter