Early, early check-in

jennyraye

Mouseketeer
Dh changed our plans this week (for arrival in 9 days mind you), to arrive in Orlando on Sunday rather than Monday. I have tried in vain to add a day to our reservation at ASMo--I'll keep trying right up until we leave, but I'm not expecting much--I'm not sure even pixie dust would help.

My problem--since we will be in Orlando on Monday morning, we'd like to do rope drop at one of the parks. Question is--how early will they let us check in at our resort? I'm planning on doing online check-in. It would be wonderful to pick up our tickets the evening before, but is that possible? Plus, if we did that, I don't want to be stumbling into the lobby after the park closes to pick up our paperwork and room number, etc. Any help?

Thanks!

I believe it is after 630 am for check in etc..

you can always store your luggage with the bell boy servives. I dont know about all stars, but the other resorts I have been to have couches here and there and if you were desperate you could sleep there or maybe in a lounge chair by the pool

I've checked in as early as 7 AM several times. Most times I got into the room then too.

In October, we checked in at 7am. Room was not ready, but we got lost on the way to MK (long story--dh still claims the roads in WDW are hidden Mickeys), and still made it in time for rope drop.

If you have a package, which it sounds like you do, you will get your tickets when you check in. You could reserve a room at another resort for Sunday night as a backup plan. You'd have up until 6 days before check-in to cancel.

If you go to DTD Guest Services the day before you have to check in, you can get an early check in, essentially what they do is give you your park tix only before hand.

Then you go rope drop the next morning, enjoy your day - and check in to your resort when you are ready.

We always get in the night before and stay off grounds. Then the next morning we drop off our bags at the resort and go to the parks. We normally get to the resort around 7am, check in, eat breakfest and still make it for rope drop.

Moved your post so the experts on our resort board can give you some great info to your question.:goodvibes :goodvibes Danny

You can check-in as soon as the computers roll over for the day, which I believe is either 5 AM EST or 6 AM EST. You just aren't guaranteed a room until check-in time.

We always get in the night before and stay off grounds. Then the next morning we drop off our bags at the resort and go to the parks. We normally get to the resort around 7am, check in, eat breakfest and still make it for rope drop.

Thanks so much everyone! We're arriving mid-morning on Sunday in Orlando so dh can find a sports bar to catch his team's football game. We're staying offsite that night. The kids and I will do some shopping--outlets and such for Disney shirts and maybe even a trip to DTD, hit the putt putt and pool at the hotel where we're staying, and relax. Early to bed, up early Monday morning, grab some continental b-fast on the way out, head to the resort early to check-in and get tickets, and head out for 9am rope drop. You all have taken a load off my mind. I was worried how we could get the tickets and still make rd. No worries after all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter