DXL or HIFS

goofymom/pop

<font color=deeppink>oh where oh where can the tag
Okay I posted this on the Resorts board, but I didnt get many responses so here goes...We are booked at DXL for 165.oo per night for 5 in May, should I stick with this or go to HIFS for 125. per night kids suite, kids meal included, adult breakfast included. We rent a car anyway as we like to go to the crossroads for dinner away from Dis once in awhile. HIFS makes hoop de doo a possiblity...does staying away make sense if you want to pool hop in the afternoon, I am a tried and true onsiter and Sis has never been to dis, so she is voting save the bucks and do more fun dinners and such.....opinions anyone???????

Caribbean Beach 91
Off site 92
Off site Caribe Royale 97
All Sports 00
DXL 5/01

and both have their merits. Am I right in assuming this will be you, your sister and your combined kids? The big difference is size, especially at bedtime! DxL is just one standard-size room with 2 beds and a trundle. When the trundle is open, you can barely open the door. There is certainly no place to sit and unwind - kids are in bed, you're in bed. HIFS gave us tons of room (we have 3 kids, 7, 9 & 11). Hey, I have friends in Manhattan who would love to find an apartment this size (lol). Plus the joys of a mini-kitchen when you arrive back at the hotel late at night with exhausted kids and somebody needs a little snack or drink (and what does WDW charge these days for their little dinky fridges?)! The breakfast was free and plentiful, food quality just OK but you will save at least $25 a day right there. DxL does have EE and bus transportation, but if you've got a car that shouldn't matter too much. When we stayed at DxL, we often experienced loooong waits for buses. HIFS is just a few minutes from WDW and very direct. We came back and did our pool-breaks via car with no problem. Also, HIFS has wonderful parking very convenient to the buildings.

I too love staying on site (been at CBR twice, Contemp & DxL) but if you want to save a lot!! of money, still stay at a lovely place (great pool & they were putting in hottubs when we were there) that is totally kid-centered (we got a Disney-themed room), with TONS of space, and actually have a place to relax at night, then my vote would be HIFS.

PS: We tried the buffet one night at HIFS. This I would definitely skip - food not great for the price and why save all that money if you can't go and spend it on a fun meal in the World

I vote for HIFS -- having the TWO bedrooms, with a tv in each one (plus a nintendo in the kids' room) was wonderful!!!! The free breakfast buffet was wonderful, also. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you stay there.

I think I shall be calling my sister today, can anyone tell me if this effects PS' made with the disney ressies or are they still good even staying off property.

Caribbean Beach 91
Off site 92
Off site Caribe Royale 97
All Sports 00
DXL 5/01

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter