DxDp was Pure Torture! (In a Good Way Of Course!) 1 Adult & 1 Child Review

Thanks for sharing! Great pictures too!

I bet that was some quality time one-on-one with your son. Glad you had the experience!

Thanks everyone! I made the nails with a sharpie marker... lol... then just cleared over them a bunch of times. I did my toe nails too :)

The trip was amazing. I thought there's no way we can top our first trip (which was in May) but yeah, I think we did!

We had an ADR at Narcoossee's so we headed over there via monorail. We changed in the bathroom at GF and relaxed awhile in the lobby. There was a live band playing and then a pianist. Excellent atmosphere to relax in! We headed over to Narcoossee's a bit early and they seated us within 3 minutes of checking in.

I ordered the Artisan Cheeses & Whole Maine Lobster. This was the meal that I had been looking forward to the most. DS ordered a fruit cup & the sirloin steak with mashed potatoes & veggies.

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0337.jpg

DSC_0338.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0346.jpg

DSC_0340.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

The cheeses were fun to try. I only liked 2 of them though (I believe the first two on the plate)... the rest were hard to even swallow (yuck!) It was fun to try. DS really liked the crispy bread they brought with the plate though. The lobster was excellent. I was worried about ordering a whole lobster but I finished it with no problems. The potatoes on the other hand, I just couldn't finish. They were very good as well... great flavor.

DS's fruit cup was wonderful, very refreshing. He really liked his steak & potatoes. I don't think he even touched his veggies. Go figure!

For dessert I ordered the mango sorbet & DS ordered the Nemo cupcake. Both were amazing!

DSC_0348.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

The people next to us asked if it was DS's birthday because of the cupcake... lol... it was just that awesome. We sat and talked with our neighbors for awhile... they were sooo very friendly and really one of the reasons I love Disney. *Most* of the people are so much fun to talk to.

I would return here again if we're ever on the dining plan. There's no way I would shell out the money for a dinner like that though. Although, it's very high up on our list :)

We went back to MK for a few late night rides and caught the Electrical Parade for the first time ever... AWESOME! On our way out, we stopped at Aloha Isle for our first Dole Whip of the trip. It was a lot smaller than I remember but still, super yummy!

DSC_0401-1.jpg

We hurried ourselves out of the park just before Wishes began. We needed to rest up for our last day. I had a big surprise planned for DS!

We woke up very early this morning to make sure everything was packed and we went to check out :( DS thought we were leaving on the airplane right away in the morning. SURPRISE! We're going back to MK for the morning and having breakfast in the CASTLE before the park opens! WOOHOO!

I was so excited about this ADR. I scored it only 3 weeks prior to our trip. We checked in and were taken into the castle within a minute. We got our pictures with Cinderella & then headed upstairs. We were seated next to the middle window looking out over Fantasyland. The best seat in the house, IMO. DS got a sword and I got a magic wand (yay, I could bring it home for DD!) We ordered (I got french toast w/ blueberries & DS got scrambled eggs). The fruit was excellent & so were the pastries. DS really loved the cinnamon rolls. All of the princesses came around and we got pics/autographs with all of them.

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0098-1.jpg

The french toast was amazing. Sooo good. I thought the value wasn't actually too bad here. I would pay for this place OOP just to say you've eaten in the castle. The food was fantastic (not exotic by any means but it tasted very good and was very filling).

We got our check and got out of there before the park opened. Later on in the morning we stopped at Aloha Isle and tried the Pineapple Float. I did not care for the juice in the bottom of the cup. It was too pineappley... or something. Not really sure. I'll stick with my Dole Whip :) It sure is pretty though:

DSC_0225.jpg

We headed back to Pop after purchasing myself an AP! Can't believe I did that! We had a bit of time to waste before Magical Express time so we spent our last snack credits on some candy to take home and a plate of nachos and cheese to hold us over till we got home.

DSC_0306.jpg

And that's that! Thanks for joining me on my first dining review! I'm hoping to have many more of these in the future. I LOVE Disney food!!!

A fellow Wisconsin mom here too! Your DS is so cute and I love that you did a mom/son trip. My DD and I did our first trip together when she was aobut 8 and we had a blast together. Loving your reviews and you got such great ADRs! Glad to see you liked the fried cheese being from WI, that says a lot ;) Can't wait to read more!

Very nice reviews, and lovely pictures! Your son is adorable. :goodvibes

I'm glad you both had a wonderful trip together. The pictures of the candy store and cinnamon bun had me drooling over here. :lmao: Can't wait to go back!

Great review! Thanks for sharing!

We are going to have to add LTT to our list of places to try! Your food looks delicious!

I hate that you wasted 4 credits at Brown Derby but I guess you didn't leave hungry! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter