DW Must Be Having Problems With the New Ticket System

momof2inPA

<font color=6600FF>DIS Veteran<br><font color=FF33
On our last trip I noticed that on the crowded days, the gate CM's would let a person in whether their ticket worked or not. If the person tried the ticket a couple times and couldn't get it to work, the CM just pushed a button so the turnstile would operate. This happened over and over again during our visit, once for my niece and nephew. Did anyone else notice the same?

I noticed that the CM's waved my my daughter age 9 in several times. I am not sure if the boimetrics thing is necessary for those using children's passes. I had trouble with mine at least three times, but the CM had me try several times, saying to squeeze it as hard as possible. Eventually it worked. Both times my DD14 had trouble it was at AK. Maybe some of the machines are more sensitive than others?

I wonder if problems occur when a machine gets dirty, like one of the little readers gets some dirt on it and won't read correctly. My husband and I had no trouble with our annual passes, but we know the drill. It will take a while to teach all of the resort guests how to use the finger scans correctly.

My niece and nephew were waved through when their regular, non-finger scan tickets didn't work.

My DH & I both noticed people 'waved in' even if they had trouble with their tickets (week of 2/12-2/19)

jmkst58 said:
My DH & I both noticed people 'waved in' even if they had trouble with their tickets (week of 2/12-2/19)

Same week we were there. It's nice to know it wasn't my imagination.

We just got back yesterday and we saw many many people having to show ID. Some who really disliked the idea of placing the fingers in the scanner (more than I would have imagined!) and others for whom the biometrics would not work.

Despite this I found the lines at the turnstyles faster than I anticipated but still slower than before the new tickets. Epcot did not have a no-bag option at the main gate the two times we went and this really slowed everything down.

On a sort of funny note, now that they have placed large clearly worded signs that guests 10 and over will have to use the finger id it may deter some of those who would otherwise use a 9 and under ticket for a 10yo+.

In front of us at MGM was a party of 4, mom, dad, dd about 6 and son "almost eleven". After reading the sign he told the dad that he would have to use the finger reader, dad said "no your ticket dosen't need that", son said "oh, ok". Son reads ticket and says "oh dad this must be my sister's ticket it is for ages 3-9, I can't use this one". It was at that point that everyone in the line, including the CM's heard that he will be 11 in March so he can't possibly use a child ticket LOL. Don't know if they got him in with the kids ticket.

TJ

Maybe people don't like the idea of their fingerprints on file, even if it's at the "Happiest Place on Earth"!

My mom was separated from us one time and her biometric wouldn't work. I.D.ed.

That is so funny about the 11 year old! My 8 year desperately wanted to do the biometrics like his brother, but unless they have me switch his ticket (to an adults)when we go back, he still won't be using it.

AJKMOM said:
Maybe people don't like the idea of their fingerprints on file, even if it's at the "Happiest Place on Earth"!

They aren't fingerprints. It takes measurements of the fingers, basically.

Being on of those people who tend to push bathroom doors open with my hip rather than touch it with my fingers I am wondering about the germ potential for hunreds/thousands of people touching the same area. Just a thought. I could be wrong, have been once or twice before. :confused3

I am from southwestern Ohio and believe me it is further away from anything than any other place on Earth. LOL

Slightly Goofy

I'm the same way about germs...Since I already had my bag open for checking I just grabbed my hand sanitizer (or wipes) and had my whole family wash off their hands before continuing on.

Not sure how well it worked since DD came home with Bronchitis and DH has a sinus infection. Guess that could have happened even back home too.....

Drizzo67, I bet you missed a tiny spot between the fingers of one of your dear little ones while you were busy trying to keep an eye on your AP's and other assorted carry ins. LOL

Hope you are all feeling better now. Lots of that stuff going on around here also.

Slightly Goofy

When we were at WDW last week the new machines just didn't seem to be operating very well (I have used the biometrics for years with the Florida Seasonal Pass) On the third day I said "These new machines aren't working out every well are they?" The CM said..."I not suppose to say anything...but" :crazy: (he made a face that said it all)

Germophobes crack me up - the germs are everywhere at WDW - on the tables, the chairs, the ride handles, the buffet utensils, the buttons you push at attractions, etc. Do all of you go around using your elbows all the time? :rotfl:

SlightlyGoofy said:
Being on of those people who tend to push bathroom doors open with my hip rather than touch it with my fingers I am wondering about the germ potential for hunreds/thousands of people touching the same area. Just a thought. I could be wrong, have been once or twice before. :confused3

I am from southwestern Ohio and believe me it is further away from anything than any other place on Earth. LOL

Slightly Goofy

Soutwestern is a piece of cake! Geesh! I have to drive 2 hours to Canton, 2 1/2 to Columbus and 4 to Cinci! And 1 1/2 to Charleston! I know that I have you beat! :goodvibes :rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't know if I would consider myself a germaphobe, but I think I would have good reason to be since DD is immunosuppressed. We still take her to WDW but I do make sure to remind her (and all of us really) to practice good hand washing and to make sure to keep our hands/fingers off our face/nose/mouth.

Don't they say shaking hands with someone is a good way to pass germs? So when you put your hand in the biometric scanner isn't that sort of like shaking hands with everyone who passed before you? :confused3

If the germs on the biometric reader bother may I suggest you stay away from Disney. The biometric reader is probably much cleaner the (a) the railing on the walk to the rides and the rides themselves. You aren't sneezing and coughing directly on the reader.

Germs? I really don't mean to flame anyone, but germs are everywhere. A child can touch the ropes while waiting in line for an attraction (and you know they will) and pick up all kinds of germs. I don't think the finger-scan is going to cause a huge spread of germs. JMHO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter