DVC temporary policy rooms now between 4pm and 6pm?

Which is (again) what started this - my asking if anyone else had heard this. That *is* the intent of the '?' on the thread. Did you not notice?
Yes, I did notice. I also noticed that no one else claims to have been told that check in is now a window from 4-6. I further noticed that you doubled down by saying "I was told by the front desk that the policy was being changed from 4pm to 4pm-6pm. Which IMPLIES it's not just me or a few people but enough that they are changing the policy."

I conclude from all of this that I will be happier with you on my ignore list. Have at it.

This is something that personally I hate seeing as a response to poor quality/lack of service post(ish) pandemic. This isn't exclusive to Disney either. Significant reductions in quality of products in general as well as quality of service can not be excused away when also being combined with substantial price increases. At some point, accountability needs to brought back to the forefront. If you pay for X for a certain quality of product or service under agreed upon terms, then the terms need to be adhered to on the provider side.

You certainly don't see the consumer being able to take a product or service and then give 3/4 of the cost and tell the provider to lower expectations on the amount of money they expect to receive for said goods/service.
Absolutely agree, we are way past the excuse phase for inadequate and bad service especially in FL If the resort can't handle current capacity they have 2 choices, find some more people willing to work or start shutting off some resorts. I will not adjust my expectations downward, they will remain the same as the day Disney took the payment for my contract.

I think you might be missing the point that's being made. It's not that housekeeping is slow or the front line CMs are just doing this to piss membership off, it's that possibility that there IS someone in leadership somewhere trying to figure out how far can s/he push the envelope to keep the same level of revenue with a lower expenditure line. If they are testing the 6PM mark and every just takes the high road then guess what, 6PM becomes the new mark since there was no pushback.

Standards, regardless of circumstances, need to be kept in check. If not, the "temporary decrease" always becomes the new standard.

Reminds me of something ............... just can't put my finger on it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely agree, we are way past the excuse phase for inadequate and bad service especially in FL If the resort can't handle current capacity they have 2 choices, find some more people willing to work or start shutting off some resorts. I will not adjust my expectations downward, they will remain the same as the day Disney took the payment for my contract.

They literally cannot do this. DVC is a timeshare. All the rooms need to be available.

If you can't temporarily adjust your expectations then you should make the choice if DVC is right for you still.

They literally cannot do this. DVC is a timeshare. All the rooms need to be available.

If you can't temporarily adjust your expectations then you should make the choice if DVC is right for you still.
I am not talking about shutting DVC resorts, shut a cash resort and distribute those workers to the others including DVC OR they can find more people willing to work. No I will not even temporarily adjust my expectations for something Disney willingly took my money for and you have zero insight as to whether or not DVC or anything else for that matter is right for me.

I'm sure the hotels are jumping at the idea of reducing their capacity further to make the DVC division happy.

DVCMC has contracted with WDW to provide property management so it’s all the same in terms of staff, etc.

CMs that work for DVC resorts vs hotel are all employed by Disney so they have control over where the staff go.

In this case, the issue is whether or not we are getting what we are paying for in contracting with them

However, there isn’t really a recourse because we can’t change who is property manager.

All we can do is express our dissatisfaction to DVCMC that rooms not being done close to the 4 pm is an issue.

DVCMC has contracted with WDW to provide property management so it’s all the same in terms of staff, etc.

CMs that work for DVC resorts vs hotel are all employed by Disney so they have control over where the staff go.

In this case, the issue is whether or not we are getting what we are paying for in contracting with them

However, there isn’t really a recourse because we can’t change who is property manager.

All we can do is express our dissatisfaction to DVCMC that rooms not being done close to the 4 pm is an issue.

And that contract should have criteria that needs to be met - such as all rooms ready for check in by 4PM. However that's the problem when things are so intertwined as it is at Disney with divisions contracting with other divisions and accountability falls aside at the expense of, well, us.

I am curious if there's others booking their room a day before arrival to have a guarantee access to their room before 6pm on their arrival day. I can't help but think there's some luxury travelers out there that demand their room be ready whenever they arrive or have a family member needing a room upon arrival. I think if this becomes more widespread they will need to consider changes so rooms are not tied up and empty longer than necessary. Not only did we have the same issue at the 3 WDW properties listed above, but Aulani in Hawaii made us wait past 4pm too. All these occurred 3-7 years ago, well before pandemic, but after on-demand housekeeping started. Does anybody think Disney would see any negative affects of people booking room a day in advance of arrival?

Sorry but finding quality help is still a valid excuse for most companies even after 2 years. It used to take the company I work for a couple of weeks to find warehouse help, now it takes months.
nah… lack of execution by paid executives is not a valid excuse. I’m one. Nobody allows me to say “it’s just too challenging right now”. And my company made stafffing a priority over a year ago, and we’ve solved it. It costs more yes, but we’ve solved it.

Here are some of my Room Ready notification times from recent Disney visits going back to September. A mix of DVC and regular resort room:

Grand Floridian DVC Studio - 3:49pm
Disney's All Star Music Family Suite - 8:33pm (advised of late check-in prior)
Riviera Resort 2-Bedroom Villa - 2:58pm
AKL Jambo House 1-Bedroom Value - 5:32pm
Polynesian DVC Studio - 6:15pm
Rivera Resort Deluxe Studio - 10:22am

As you can see, they are all over the place. It's a crapshoot at best. Also, I'm not one for Special Requests as I prefer to get into a room sooner rather than later. I DID put Calypso for my All Star Music request since I was arriving late and obviously didn't have to worry about waiting longer for it. But didn't get it anyway. 😂

I checked into SSR on Sunday and was not told about this “new” policy
Our room was ready well before 4:00 PM, so there was no issues
Then again, we were not told the pool at the Grandstand is out of service

Sooooooo….. after reading the above post, I’m wondering if it’s worth the extra $$ to fly in at 2pm.

we have flights getting us in at 4:40, was going to change the flight so we get in at 1:40pm. Any advice? Maybe we should keep the 4:40pm arrival time and use the extra $$ twds uber?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter