DVC ressie with no tickets

For our December 2020 trip, attempted to add our guests (who don't have tickets yet) when we booked our Park Passes. It errored out when we selected a park. The link to purchase tickets just goes to the page explaining the suspended ticket sales. Just in case anyone was wondering.

FWIW, I tested the system and it does shut me out from making park reservations without tickets, despite DVC reservation.

Can someone please confirm for me what is happening? Jan 2021 stay for 8 nights/9 days.

• On the 24th I can by tickets (online, on WDW site, on DVC site, need to call????)
  • I can then instantly book which park I will get
  • There is no park hopper moving forward (including 2021)

Am I missing something or some gotchya

Also can you get a refund on tickets later or once you buy tickets they will be locked in?

I can confirm, as above , 3 of our 6 have AP's - if I attempt to reserve for all 6 I get Count Olaf , originally- but then the system got updated to tell me "Not so fast.... not all folks have ressies"

So - they clearly are updating their system on the fly , for error msgs - but I was only able to reserve parks for the 3 with tickets (as expected...and pre-informed....)

I truly believe, Disney will honor future requests, once park passes are for sale again, however - I would be worried if folks were not yet on your Hotel reservations.
There could also be some manipulation, if the parks you reserve today , are full down the road - but I'm hoping that's not going to be the case for us - early/mid Nov. 2020

Can someone please confirm for me what is happening? Jan 2021 stay for 8 nights/9 days.

• On the 24th I can by tickets (online, on WDW site, on DVC site, need to call????)
  • I can then instantly book which park I will get
  • There is no park hopper moving forward (including 2021)

Am I missing something or some gotchya

Also can you get a refund on tickets later or once you buy tickets they will be locked in?

Correct. Park Hopper is not yet available but they hope to return to it in 2021.

So, when you buy tickets, you will be able to book and see that times are still there before purchase

We are planning to book a DVC stay for July 4th week next year (2021). Are we basically out of luck for getting tickets and park passes for that trip? It seems short sighted to allow cash only to open up and get all of the tickets and park passes before we could. Please advise!

Thanks!

I am in a crazy situation I have not seen anyone else comment on yet. I have a split stay Dec 29, 2020-Jan 1, 2021 at SSR and changing resorts to Riviera Jan 1-Jan 5, 2021 so technically holding a reservation for 2020 and one for 2021. I have no park tickets. So if they allow me to buy tickets on the 24th or 28th for the 2021 stay, I will just be out of luck to go to the parks Dec 29-31, 2020? I doubt they will let me buy the tickets starting Jan 1 and then modify the entry dates back a few days? Thank goodness I don't have plane tickets yet either. But I will lose DVC points if I don't take this trip and we have gone to Disney over New Years multiple times. Anybody have any insight into my situation? I guess I can only hope when they open ticket sales for 2020, there is still park availability for my dates. UGH! What a nightmare!

We are planning to book a DVC stay for July 4th week next year (2021). Are we basically out of luck for getting tickets and park passes for that trip? It seems short sighted to allow cash only to open up and get all of the tickets and park passes before we could. Please advise!

Thanks!

Park passes for 2021 go on sale the 24th so you should be able to buy and book your park days after the 28th when it opens to all without reservations booked.

So another weird question do APs allow you to reserve two different parks in the same day? I know no park hopping so I assume it is no but figured might as well see if its been answered.

The new availability calendar is giving me some comfort. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/a...kets,resort,passholder&defaultSegment=tickets. I see that only a couple parks have hit capacity in the initial days.

I think 99% of people have no idea this is happening. I would have no clue if it were not for this forum that is for sure. As YouTube channels, Twitter, and the news start to circulate we will see what happens.

I think you also have the issue right now with people without tickets needing to wait (from what I read) and many of the WDW guests not actually staying onsite and thus not able to reserve parks right now (isn't that correct or no?).

I think 99% of people have no idea this is happening. I would have no clue if it were not for this forum that is for sure. As YouTube channels, Twitter, and the news start to circulate we will see what happens.

I think you also have the issue right now with people without tickets needing to wait (from what I read) and many of the WDW guests not actually staying onsite and thus not able to reserve parks right now (isn't that correct or no?).
Correct, currently only those with hotel reservations and tickets can make park reservations.

I'm in the camp of people with DVC reservations but no tickets for everyone. So I have to wait...

So this might not be known but have situation that I might need to prepare for:

What happens if we purchase tickets, reserve days in the parks, and then as the trip gets closer some or all choose not to go? Will the tickets be refundable or get a credit? Or is it a use it or lose it ticket? Also will tickets be transferable like they have been in the past so that if someone doesn't go the credit for the ticket value can be moved to someone else?

So what phone number has to be called on the 24th to see if we can add tickets as a “package”? The site says to call the Disney reservation center but there are so many phone numbers and I did not know which was the right one.

I called WDW and asked when I could buy tix .. as we have a resort booked in July but also was waiting to buy tickets - and they said I can not buy tickets at this time ... and they had no idea when I could. I understand things are all crazy right now. But it seems unfair that they are allowing ones w/ NO resort stays booked and just regular tickets book park reservations - but us DVC members w/ resort stays booked .. HAVE NO OPTION FOR BUYING TICKETS. I really do not want to buy AP's yet, since we plan to visit much more in 2021. frustrated !!!!

I called WDW and asked when I could buy tix .. as we have a resort booked in July but also was waiting to buy tickets - and they said I can not buy tickets at this time ... and they had no idea when I could. I understand things are all crazy right now. But it seems unfair that they are allowing ones w/ NO resort stays booked and just regular tickets book park reservations - but us DVC members w/ resort stays booked .. HAVE NO OPTION FOR BUYING TICKETS. I really do not want to buy AP's yet, since we plan to visit much more in 2021. frustrated !!!!
I share your frustration.

AP sales are also shut down

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter