• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC presentation??

Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
They offered me a $50 giftcard if i tour the Riviera. Is this a hard presentation? I know some vacation clubs are

DVC is famous for being not too hard of a sale. Yes, they will try to sell you their product, but it's not like other timeshare sales where once you say no to the first person, they then bring in a second and third one until you finally break down. I found the presentation to be fine.
Just go in with an attitude of making sure you say no to buying no matter what on that day. You can always purchase points for the same price at a later date if it sounds like the greatest thing ever.

I found the presentation very cool if you like touring other hotels. not a hard sell at all. I do occasionally still receive stuff in the mail and the occasional e-mail from them but we're talking like every 6 months or so. I just kept saying that I could not do it now and was just there for information. I found it fun:)

Generally, it is best to avoid any time share sales pitch if you have no interest in buying. The haggling isn't worth the few $$ of benefits they offer. Disney is probably more reputable then many other time shares, but still something I would avoid. We got some type of gift card offer during our trip last year to Disney and just tossed it in the trash.

They offered me a $50 giftcard if i tour the Riviera. Is this a hard presentation? I know some vacation clubs are
The sales pitch is not high-pressure but it is going to take a few hours away from your vacation time. Ask yourself if your time away from the parks (or other activities) is worth $50. Now, if they also offered 3 or more anytime FPs for everyone in your traveling party, to make up for your lost time, it may be worth doing.

The sales pitch is not high-pressure but it is going to take a few hours away from your vacation time. Ask yourself if your time away from the parks (or other activities) is worth $50. Now, if they also offered 3 or more anytime FPs for everyone in your traveling party, to make up for your lost time, it may be worth doing.
Thats a great point, i was thinking about it for the first day when we dont have much going on. If they would throw in some Fast passes that woukd be sweet.

I've done the presentation on the cruise ships. Not high pressure. The salespeople don't need to be high pressure because DVC is a legit product that does offer good value to many travelers. Much different that the timeshare scam artists you see cruising the Las Vegas strip and Mexico resorts.

We did the presentation last Monday and we got $150 ($75 for each adult) and 4 anytime FPs for our entire group. It was not a hard sell at all, when I was young I remember going to regular timeshare presentations and those were hard sells lol.

also, FWIW, the anytime FPs had a lot of restrictions we didn’t think to look at ahead of time. We couldn’t use them for anything in TSL or PP, which ironically were what we had planned to use them on. I hadn’t expected them to be good on, say FOP, SDMT, SDD, or obviously ROTR, but I thought we would be able to do TSMM. Oh well, not a big deal only a minor annoyance and our fault for not looking at the small print before planning.

ETA now that I think about it we did get a brochure and print in our room offering $50 if we looked into it. We were actually interested in DVC so we went to the DVC desk at our resort to inquire about it and that what they offered when we were chatting with them.

Last edited:
I did it in Oct for the $50 gc, 3 any time fps and the ice cream. I was eating ice cream less than 30 min from when I met the guide because I explained I was familiar with it, just had a friend at the time that had passed rofr the previous week and was curious to see the rooms and hear anything he knew about reflections as if I was going to buy it wouldn't be until then but that really dvc doesn't work for me at this point. My friend that was coming in the next day in the same room got the fps too and she obviously didn't do the tour. Was also nice to get picked up at epcot and then they dropped me back at pop but would have taken me anywhere on property. The dvc guy at caribbean beach that we spoke with the next night said to do the tour every chance you get because it's free money and ice cream and you can make it shorter. I still have the guide's card that took me around in case I ever win the lotto :D

We are going next month and would be interested in taking a tour on our arrival day for a gc. How would we go about this if we didn't get a mailer?

We are going next month and would be interested in taking a tour on our arrival day for a gc. How would we go about this if we didn't get a mailer?

Go to any DVC desk either at your resort or in the parks. They would be more than happy to set up a tour for you, and will most likely include incentives to get you to go to it.

Go to any DVC desk either at your resort or in the parks. They would be more than happy to set up a tour for you, and will most likely include incentives to get you to go to it.
I got an email a few weeks ago. Our trip is in March. It just says call 855-204-0133.
Ours has a code on it but its worth it to ask.

Not a hard sell at all. We had a lovely experience and have even gone back to visit Hubert a few times over the years, just to say hi. Once when we had to postpone a DVC stay, kind of at the last minute due to a death in the family, Hubert found out and sent us a lovely message of sympathy. We love our DVC.

Not a hard presentation at all... we were interested anyway and they offered each of us the 3 FP and a $50 GC each.. (2 adult 2 children) picked us up at beach club went Saratoga Springs presentation centre.. our kids went to the kids club (and loved it.. crafts,games,video games,snacks) we went and had some food and coffee.. listened to the group presentation and wanted to get more info so we did meet with a rep after. We didn’t care for the rep we had (who has since left DVC) but he was not high pressure at all.. we got the information we wanted.. got the kids and had the ice cream at the end and had them drive us to Disney Springs.. we already had quite a bit of DVC knowledge as we had begun research on our own through people and message boards but wanted to hear the Disney side of things... we ended up purchasing about a year later when it made sense for us

I agree that it wasn't a hard sale for me either, we went to one last September and it was lovely just to check out a new resort, i hadn't seen before, do some pin trading and then they dropped us off wherever we wanted, so we went to downtown Disney for the afternoon.

Everytime I go to WDW I try to get my husband to do this. I have now convinced our youngest child to help me convince my husband on our next trip. We will all three be adults, totally worth going through the presentation.

Everytime I go to WDW I try to get my husband to do this. I have now convinced our youngest child to help me convince my husband on our next trip. We will all three be adults, totally worth going through the presentation.
I have read that if my show hesitation they will up the offer. Heck the fps would be nice...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter