• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC new member help

leshunlenese

DIS Veteran
hello everyone, my son and i go to Disney every year sometimes twice a year so I have decided to join DVC. I did a tour like 2 years ago and with prices going up I am thinking I should have joined sooner. I just have a few questions.
Ive been reading and i have decided to do resale but would also like to buy direct because i really like riviera.
Is it best to do resale first and add direct or vice versa? I am thinking of doing resale of 100-200 points and then adding the min at Rivera. If i add on what is the minimum to buy in? I heard 50,75, and 100 but i am not sure.
I was thinking about copper creek but with it just being me and my son we would only need studios and i hear about how hard it is to get them so if i buy direct it would be Rivera. Thank you for your help

Good luck with your decision. I don't know about the order - whether you want to do Rivera first or not. But I've heard as well that studios are hard to get at Copper Creek. What resorts have you seen, DVC or hotel? It looks like you've stayed a bunch of Disney properties. Why Copper Creek? Can you get what you like there at another property?

Good luck with your decision. I don't know about the order - whether you want to do Rivera first or not. But I've heard as well that studios are hard to get at Copper Creek. What resorts have you seen, DVC or hotel? It looks like you've stayed a bunch of Disney properties. Why Copper Creek? Can you get what you like there at another property?

I have actually stayed in every resort except Caribbean beach. I really love AK resort and bay lake tower. my son loves bay lake tower too so Bay lake would be my 1st choice through resale

You aren't limited to CCV and DRR for direct purchase. You can buy the "sold out" resorts direct, although you may be on a waiting list until points become available. GF and GC have closed waiting lists, so you're out of luck if you want to buy there.

CCV has a problem with studio availability due to the high number of points dedicated to cabins, but selling most contracts with just enough points for studios. As a result, it can be difficult to book a studio there.

If you decide to have points at one resort, buy your resale contract first. Then, buy the 75 direct points for that resort, matching your use year.

I own at BLT. You cannot beat the ability to walk from the resort to the MK. I also considered BCV due to the easy walk to Epcot and the slightly longer walk to DHS, but did not like the resort itself.

You aren't limited to CCV and DRR for direct purchase. You can buy the "sold out" resorts direct, although you may be on a waiting list until points become available. GF and GC have closed waiting lists, so you're out of luck if you want to buy there.

CCV has a problem with studio availability due to the high number of points dedicated to cabins, but selling most contracts with just enough points for studios. As a result, it can be difficult to book a studio there.

If you decide to have points at one resort, buy your resale contract first. Then, buy the 75 direct points for that resort, matching your use year.

I own at BLT. You cannot beat the ability to walk from the resort to the MK. I also considered BCV due to the easy walk to Epcot and the slightly longer walk to DHS, but did not like the resort itself.
Thank you very much!

I wouldn't buy a resort without staying there first. We did that with BLT and BLT just doesn't do it for us. Try not to get excited and caught up in the emotion of buying, it can cloud your judgement. :scratchin

:earsboy: Bill

I wouldn't buy a resort without staying there first. We did that with BLT and BLT just doesn't do it for us. Try not to get excited and caught up in the emotion of buying, it can cloud your judgement. :scratchin

:earsboy: Bill
oh yes I totally get that. we have stayed at every resort including all the DVC except Caribbean beach so I know we like kidani village and BLT especially my son BLT is his favorite.

Don't buy Riviera or CCV thinking you'll get BLT at 7 months with great consistency. AKV can be easier at 7 months right now, but that may change. At 7 months, it can be hard to get Jambo, especially Value or Club units.

It's easiest to keep everything in a single UY. Buying resale first means you'll have a little flexibility in UY which is nice since resale contracts will vary and you never know what will be available when your looking. Then add direct and they'll match whatever UY you already have. Plus it's usually a lower minimum number of points that existing members are allowed to buy.

I think Riviera is only on sale at the moment to existing members, but I'm sure it will be on sale to everyone soon. You could get the ball rolling on a resale BLT contract and add Riviera in the future. The good thing about BLT is that the value isn't likely to decrease, but no one is sure what the restrictions will do to resale at Riviera.

I think those would be 2 good resorts as you will have easy access to 3 of the 4 parks. We have Poly and AKV for this reason, and are thinking of adding Riviera direct for the benefits and direct access to Epcot / HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter