• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC into trusts?

cinderella97

DIS Veteran
DH and I are in the process of doing our wills and making a trust. Have you ever placed your DVC or another timeshare in a trust? Or can I do a quick claim? I contacted LT transfers and their rates seem reasonable. Disney recommended First American Title. Has anyone used either of these and your experience with them? TIA

We used LT Transfers for gratuitous transfers of ownership from my dad to me and my siblings and were quite pleased with their service. We don't have any experience with putting our DVC or other TS into a trust - but I know there are others here on DISboards who have done it.

I used First American but only because we needed it done quickly and Disney recommended them because we were adding on direct. I think we got lucky for them to have completed it in 2 weeks. I have read that they can be much slower. We paid a hefty price in 2019...$475. Others have used LT transfers and have had good success!

We just engaged (last week) a Trust Attorney for all our assets to go into a revocable trust (I believe ) including the DVC contracts. While our DS is on the one larger contract, the attorney is arranging the trust so that when everything is passed on to our son and he eventually get married, all assets will be untouchable by any future spouse in a divorce proceeding.

We put in a quit claim deed to put him on the contract two years ago when he turned 21 and Disney no longer recognized him as family (stinks!) since he then had a separate address for his first job. The quit claim deed cost me about $60 and was filed with the county. You could get the QC Deed at any Staples, call the county and they will tell you what papers to provide, give you the cost and where to mail to. A copy was then sent to DVC Administration. Was simple and cheap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter