Dvc auto rental discount?

Bosco69

Bosco69 RN
I swore I read that DVC members received discounts on auto rentals but I can't find any info on it. Does anyone know if they do or if there are better rates out there than Undercover Tourist. They were really cheap last year but have more than doubled this year!

If DVC offered car rentals, the price would probably be higher than other sources. :-)

Check mouse saver for codes, costco, your credit union and the internet for the best savings. Book now and keep checking for the price to change closer to your trip.

:earsboy: Bill

There was a DVC discount for Alamo and National but I do not know if that is around any more. The last time I recall even checking into it was about 10 years ago and at the time you could get better deals without using it. There is and has long been an Alamo discount if you have an Annual Pass, which usually suffers from that same problem of being worse than other deals you can find.

There is a site dedicated to things Disney, which I am not sure I can mention on this site, which has discount codes you can use for the various rental companies.

We have usually found the best rates for cars that you can pick up at the airport with Dollar, not even using a code, but you need to be diligent, e.g., Dollar often shows rates that we consider too high but then for a couple of very short periods, often lasting for no more than a day or two online, between six and four months out, the prices plummet for the time we want, e.g., often by half or more for a week rental, and then go right back to the original prices after that short period.

If DVC offered car rentals, the price would probably be higher than other sources. :-)

Check mouse saver for codes, costco, your credit union and the internet for the best savings. Book now and keep checking for the price to change closer to your trip.

:earsboy: Bill
This.

I swore I read that DVC members received discounts on auto rentals but I can't find any info on it. Does anyone know if they do or if there are better rates out there than Undercover Tourist. They were really cheap last year but have more than doubled this year!

I don't think there is a DVC discount, but Alamo Passholder discount is 860292. It is 10%. I believe you put that under Contract ID. It is the same as the PrePay discount, but you do not have to pre pay it and they never ask for proof of Passholder. You can also use in conjuction with a free upgrade code as well. I don't know about the other Car Rental Companies, but the reason I like Alamo is that you can input all your info, check in online and complete the skip the counter check in. When you arrive all you can to do is take your printed copy and head straight to the rental car area in the garage. Alamo also lets you pick your car. So whatever class of car you paid for, you can choose from that aisle. When you leave the rental car area you hand the gate attendent your info and your done. This will save you at least 30-45 minutes than standing in line at the counter.

For years it seemed Costco had the best prices but lately I've been finding a better price renting from Chase rewards.Maybe I don't get how but I never made out using priceline.

For many years, DVC and the old Magic Kingdom Club had some great deals with Alamo/National. Once the Magic Kingdom Club was dissolved, the DVC discounts got worse. I generally have found better discounts using other codes, like any travel/auto club to which you may belong, some credit cards and trade organizations also offer pretty good discounts, but of course, that varies seasonally.

There is a discount for both Alamo and national. I used the Alamo one last month and it gave me the same savings as the Costco code. Since I don't have a Costco account I used it. This was the first time the dvc discount was better than other codes. Normally there are better discounts from other sources.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter