DVC Add On credit card purchase question

I think it was not an issue in most of 2021. The reports of being denied are more recent so it could be a change??

I wonder if their commissions are delayed based on when the payments clear, which would mean an incentive for getting buyers to compress the payment schedule.

I wonder if their commissions are delayed based on when the payments clear, which would mean an incentive for getting buyers to compress the payment schedule.
Well, the sale can't close until all funds are received, so that could be an issue for the folks above the Guide's pay grade.

How do you get this extra $100 disney rewards?
We got it by "recommending" ourselves ..... if you have the free disney visa occasionally they send out emails to recommend friends and family, you get $100 on that card and whoever signs up for the Premier (it was also us) gets a $300 account credit after spending $500 or something like that .... one of us was the lead on the free card and the other the lead on the premier .... once we are through buying DVC contracts we will probably get rid of $49 card

We always use our Disney Visa because you get 6 months interest free. And they let you spread payments out for up to 90 days.

So, we get the rewards and get to pay over time, even though we had the cash to buy.

Do you have to do anything to setup the 6 months interest free payoff. We bought our VGF contract on our card but don't see any information online about the 0% payments.

Do you have to do anything to setup the 6 months interest free payoff. We bought our VGF contract on our card but don't see any information online about the 0% payments.
I didn't see anything up front, but when my payments actually hit my statement, my non DVC charges showed up at the end of the month as "interest saving balance". Not the most reassuring, but I've used a line of credit on a card in the past and the verbiage was the same.

I didn't see anything up front, but when my payments actually hit my statement, my non DVC charges showed up at the end of the month as "interest saving balance". Not the most reassuring, but I've used a line of credit on a card in the past and the verbiage was the same.
Hmm I'll keep watching it, I just don't want to get one huge payment come out

FYI - anyone with an Amex green card can get 3x membership rewards points on a DVC contract purchase as it’s coded as travel (or at least it was for my recent upgrade).

I purchased a contract direct on November 29th. 3 payments on my AmEx: first one on 11/29, second on 12/30, and the third will post tomorrow (1/28). Technically only 60 days apart, but three payments manipulated into three billing cycles (statement closes on the 30th).
Did your purchase code as "Travel" on your American Express? We're going to purchase VDH and trying to decide if we should use the American Express Platnium or open a new Chase Sapphire Reserve or Chase Ink Business card? My guide also mentioned that we can spread the payments out over 30 days, but she didn't mention 60 or 90 days! Will ask tomorrow.

Chase has My Chase Plan where the first one is interest and fee free for up to 24m. Plus you get 3x points if you use the CSR because it codes as travel.

Chase has My Chase Plan where the first one is interest and fee free for up to 24m. Plus you get 3x points if you use the CSR because it codes as travel.
So the My Chase Plan would work for both Disney & CSR cards? But CSR gives you 3X points whereas Disney is only 2Xm, right? Trying to figure out if worth opening a CSR card with the extra fees. Booking everything through their reward site sounds more complicated than simply loading Disney reward dollars to pay dues ;) But what do I know?

So the My Chase Plan would work for both Disney & CSR cards? But CSR gives you 3X points whereas Disney is only 2Xm, right? Trying to figure out if worth opening a CSR card with the extra fees. Booking everything through their reward site sounds more complicated than simply loading Disney reward dollars to pay dues ;) But what do I know?
I bought direct last week on Disney Visa and it does not give me the option for My Chase Plan. I thought it would appear as an option since I have not used My Chase Plan yet.

I bought direct last week on Disney Visa and it does not give me the option for My Chase Plan. I thought it would appear as an option since I have not used My Chase Plan yet.
Even if you click on the transaction and try to add it that way? This makes me super nervous because I’m banking on the My Chase Plan for a direct purchase.

I think there might be some confusion here. The My Chase Plan no fee promotion is when you create a plan during your 0% APR promotional period after opening a card. Normally the first 15-18 months. Not your first plan. If your promotional period ended you’ll get the fee.

Also the Plan isn’t offered to every card member, so make sure you have it available before charging the purchase to the card if you plan on using it.

You’ll see something like this

Attachments

• IMG_9740.jpeg
    IMG_9740.jpeg
    25 KB · Views: 16
I think there might be some confusion here. The My Chase Plan no fee promotion is when you create a plan during your 0% APR promotional period after opening a card. Normally the first 15-18 months. Not your first plan. If your promotional period ended you’ll get the fee.

Also the Plan isn’t offered to every card member, so make sure you have it available before charging the purchase to the card if you plan on using it.

You’ll see something like this
That helps, thanks. I just opened a Disney Visa to use for the purchase, hopefully with a My Chase Plan. But Disney Visa doesn’t have a 0% APR promotional period, so I may not have it? I guess worst case I’ll use the 6 months from Disney Visa.

That helps, thanks. I just opened a Disney Visa to use for the purchase, hopefully with a My Chase Plan. But Disney Visa doesn’t have a 0% APR promotional period, so I may not have it? I guess worst case I’ll use the 6 months from Disney Visa.
If I remember correctly, they had a promotion for the plan on 2022 that if you hadn’t used the plan, the first one was free even if you didn’t have a 0% APR. But as far as I am aware that ended last year.

C
Even if you click on the transaction and try to add it that way? This makes me super nervous because I’m banking on the My Chase Plan for a direct purchase.
Correct, I clicked into it but My Chase Plan was not an option for the transaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter