• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Duplicate Magic Bands

MomofTwinPrincesses

Mouseketeer
I received another set of Magic Bands today. They are just like the ones we already have. I guess Disney thought we needed a spare set. Does anyone know if all 8 of them will be active or just 4? If it's just 4, how will I know which 4 have our fast passes on them? I can see that the ones for my kids might come in handy when they loose theirs the first day in the park from taking it off so much.

I received another set of Magic Bands today. They are just like the ones we already have. I guess Disney thought we needed a spare set. Does anyone know if all 8 of them will be active or just 4? If it's just 4, how will I know which 4 have our fast passes on them? I can see that the ones for my kids might come in handy when they loose theirs the first day in the park from taking it off so much.

Since having those is an anomaly, all bets are off.
(Very unlikely that all will be "live," but be careful with them. You don't want to be held liable, just in case.)

Mark them in some small way to be able to tell them apart,
keep them grouped together in separate "sets,"
bring them all to WDW,
and get them sorted when you arrive.

What would I be liable for? I didn't order them. They just showed up at my door today.

Don't they automatically link your credit card to the bands so that you can wave your hand and charge meals/gifts etc? It's one of many reasons I am leary about these....I don't want to walk past something and suddenly find I paid for a basket of goodies I didn't want!

Yep! This happened to me too!

Got the first set with all 4 of our bands customized with colors, names, etc

Two weeks later got another set, with only 2 bands, both gray, customized for DH and I only

Have no idea but on the lame MDE site, it shows all of those bands "active" whatever that means

Don't they automatically link your credit card to the bands so that you can wave your hand and charge meals/gifts etc? It's one of many reasons I am leary about these....I don't want to walk past something and suddenly find I paid for a basket of goodies I didn't want!

The way i understand it you can't accidentally purchase something because you have to enter a pin # but someone could use them for park entry if they are live (perhaps meal/snack credits if you have the dining plan)

My friend got dupes too. She got hers for her and her BF. Her parents are in another room, but they are friends on MDE site. She thinks this is why she got another set of bands.

I was at Pop aug 5-10 and used the magic bands. No, they do not automatically link your credit card to the bands. You have to set it up yourself at checkin. And there is no way you can just walk buy something and buy it. At checkin you also have to pick a pin number, which you have to enter every time that you purchase something. And that goes for using your dining plan too.

We got duplicates too...planning to take the extra set on our trip to get sorted out on arrival. Like others, it shows I'm managing 12 bands (all active), but I can only get FP+ for 6 of them.

However, I think I received duplicates because the "avatars" associated with my 2 separate reservations (4 immediate family / 2 in-laws) were initially messed up with 2 of the six "avatars" not being linked to either reservation and 2 of the other six linked to both reservations. When I customized my MBs, 2 of the avatars showed up with 2 bands (and 2 with none), so when I went to do FP+, I could only get 4, not 6. My MBs were already being processed, so I think that's when the first shipment was mailed. After calling Disney, they fixed the reservation/avatar issue and I was able to re-customize (this is before I got the first shipment of MBs but probably after they were already mailed to me), and Disney must have processed a new MB shipment for me as the first batch was probably already out the door on their way to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter