Dumbo's Peanuts

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
For anyone interested who has not been to Storybook Circus yet,here is a picture of the famous "peanuts" in the pavement at new Dumbo.:)

You gotta love Disney Detail!:)

081-2.jpg

Thanks for sharing that!
You are so right, the details are classic Disney. :goodvibes

We have a family member highly allergic to peanuts joining us on our trip this fall. I showed this picture to my 6 year old and he got frustrated, "Great! Now Iwon't be able to ride DUMBO because xxx will go into aphawhachamacalic shock if we do!"

hee-hee

I just love the special added detail!
I also seen pictures of inside the new interactive queue. It was posted on another website - it looks awesome and I am so excited about it!

For anyone interested who has not been to Storybook Circus yet,here is a picture of the famous "peanuts" in the pavement at new Dumbo.:)

You gotta love Disney Detail!:)

081-2.jpg

We saw them when we were there two weeks ago and both of my ds's freaked out... it took everything in my power to convince them they were fake and they would not die! Honestly, although i typically like Disney's amazing little details, this is one i could live without!

How do you know they are fake? Is there a place to calm my nerves. I have a son highly allergic to them with anxiety issues and I have to do my homework before our trip.

TIA!

They are most definitely fake...it is all part of the amazing theming that Disney does!

How do you know they are fake? Is there a place to calm my nerves. I have a son highly allergic to them with anxiety issues and I have to do my homework before our trip.

TIA!

If they were real, they certainly wouldn't last long with people stepping on them all day. They must be molds of peanuts cast into the concrete. I sympathize with your plight. I wonder if the Imagineers took the seriousness of peanut allergy into consideration on this one.

TIA!

Allears has a video showing imagineer Chris Beatty giving a tour on soft opening day and he clearly states "the peanuts aren't real, don't panic" or something to that effect.

If they were real, they certainly wouldn't last long with people stepping on them all day. They must be molds of peanuts cast into the concrete. I sympathize with your plight. I wonder if the Imagineers took the seriousness of peanut allergy into consideration on this one.

Of course they did.

But then again, I can imagine there would be someone out there who totally overreacts and sues Disney for a peanut allergy.

Similar to someone who sued because they got seasickness on the hydrolators at The Living Seas. Which did nothing.

Yes, we want to preserve the magic but if people overreact, then it's all gone. I understand the peanut allergy thing, I really do. But why should thousands of kids not have a little magic because another dozen are freaked out? (Numbers are examples, not based on anything and the fact I have to put that into this post proves my point.) That's why parents should be explaining things to their children.

I loved seeing the detail when I went to the circus in March! Thankfully they aren't real :scared:

I love the peanuts and the details. Disney works really hard at creating the 'perfect' looks to make everyone's vacation that much more magical.

As time goes on, it seems to get harder and harder to please people. I really feel for Disney (or any other company) that has to put up with all the public negativeness when all they are trying to do it to allow people a FUN time. A FUN TIME!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter