Dues and Disney Visa rewards

cinderella97

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if we can use the rewards to pay our dues. We just returned from Disney and I FORGOT to use my rewards! They expire in December. I have nearly $300 on it!

Just wondering if we can use the rewards to pay our dues. We just returned from Disney and I FORGOT to use my rewards! They expire in December. I have nearly $300 on it!

Yes, you can use them to pay your dues. Another option is to buy a Disney gift card with the rewards. I have heard that you can't do this, but others have been successful so you might want to give it a try.

Another option is to buy a Disney gift card with the rewards. I have heard that you can't do this, but others have been successful so you might want to give it a try.

Yes, you can purchase (or reload) Disney Gift Cards with Rewards Dollars. We have done so.

Another option for unused rewards points is to purchase your next park pass before the rewards points expire.

We did this one year. We had a rewards card and didn't realize that it expired before we were heading back. :rolleyes2 So, we bought a park hopper pass that we needed a little earlier than normal. :)

Good luck!!

Kelly

Absolutely you can pay your dues with your rewards. I fully intend to pay for BCV dues with ours next year. Just make sure you have all the points you want to use loaded on the rewards card when you call MS.

I tried to use my Disney Rewards dollars to pay towards our dues, but I didn't know that I had to order a redemption card to do so. If you have never used your rewards dollars, you will need to order the redemption card, they will mail it to you. Once that arrives, you call MS and give them the redemption card number and the amount you need to charge. Otherwise you will end up calling them and giving them your regular card number like me and it ends up on your monthly bill - not using the rewards!

If you have never used your rewards dollars, you will need to order the redemption card, they will mail it to you.

If you have reward dollars that you want to spend at Disney and you don't have a redemption card, you can get one at one of the Guest Relations locations on property.

Pick up a Disney Rewards Redemption Card at these Guest Relations locations (present photo ID and your credit card):

Walt Disney World® Resort, located directly inside and outside each Park
• Magic Kingdom® Guest Relations Window
• Magic Kingdom® Guest Relations at City Hall
• Disney's Hollywood Studios® Guest Relations
• Epcot® Guest Relations
• Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park Guest Relations

Downtown Disney® at Walt Disney World® Resort
• Downtown Disney® Marketplace Guest Relations
• Downtown Disney® West Side Guest Relations

Disneyland® Resort
• Disney California Adventure® Park Guest Relations Lobby
• Disney California Adventure® Park Guest Relations at the entrance to the Park
• Disneyland® Park Guest Relations at City Hall
• Disneyland® Park Guest Relations at the entrance to the Park

If you have reward dollars that you want to spend at Disney and you don't have a redemption card, you can get one at one of the Guest Relations locations on property.

Wow, that is pretty cool! Thanks for the tip :thumbsup2

I tried to use my Disney Rewards dollars to pay towards our dues, but I didn't know that I had to order a redemption card to do so. If you have never used your rewards dollars, you will need to order the redemption card, they will mail it to you. Once that arrives, you call MS and give them the redemption card number and the amount you need to charge. Otherwise you will end up calling them and giving them your regular card number like me and it ends up on your monthly bill - not using the rewards!

You should also know that you should not treat the redemption card like a gift card and toss it when it's used up. You can only have two redemption cards on your account at a time, so you need to keep the card(s) and replenish until they expire (usually December of the following year). My BIL tossed his, and then he got the message that he couldn't have any more until the previous ones expired.

You should also know that you should not treat the redemption card like a gift card and toss it when it's used up. You can only have two redemption cards on your account at a time, so you need to keep the card(s) and replenish until they expire (usually December of the following year). My BIL tossed his, and then he got the message that he couldn't have any more until the previous ones expired.

I did not know this- I normally toss it after I use it.

Thanks! :)

Thank you, I didn't know about that either. I'll be sure to treat it as a debit card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter