Droid Thunderbolt upgrade is a problem

GaSleepingBeautyFan

DIS Veteran
I'm very annoyed with my cell phone this morning.

I've got the Droid Thunderbolt and an automatic upgrade happened last night.

Now the clock is gone and while the alarms are still set, they won't turn off and I sure can't change them since the widget is missing.

Right now I've had to turn off my phone. I've called Verizon and they recommended a factory reset.

Um, I've never backed up contacts, have no idea how to do that. I've no idea what to do for a factory reset and am too tired and don't have time to deal with it.

Hopefully, I'll get time to deal with it tonight. Guess I won't be using the cell phone at all today.

I hate it when technology doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

If you have a corporate Verizon store or kiosk near you, you can take the phone to them, they might be able to back it up for you. I know they were able to transfer my contacts really easily.

Sayhello

After a shut down and restart I was able to turn off the alarm but I still can't change the actual alarm to discontinue the alarm times because the clock isn't there.

Until I can actually turn off the alarm times, it will at least be going off every day at 5:45am and 8:15am. Sigh.

I think I'll try and stop by the Verizon store tomorrow. Today has been crazy so I never got the chance.

I was reading in the droid forums that some other folks are having this problem too. Grrrr.

A couple of thoughts from a fellow Droid user...

Has the clock app disappeared completely or just the widget from your "desktop"? If you look in your "all apps" button- is it still there?

Are you using Gmail and google contacts by any chance?
If so- there is no need to back up- they will be there when you sign in again after your reset. If not- consider it for the future. It makes getting a new phone, or fixing an old one so much less stressful! Plus you can access everything from your computer at home and make changes there.

Any apps you have purchased will also be there. If you play Angry Birds though- you will have to start all over! :scared1:

Good luck with your reset. I second the suggestion to go into a corporate Verizon store and let the support team there help you do the reset.

A couple of thoughts from a fellow Droid user...

Has the clock app disappeared completely or just the widget from your "desktop"? If you look in your "all apps" button- is it still there?

Are you using Gmail and google contacts by any chance?
If so- there is no need to back up- they will be there when you sign in again after your reset. If not- consider it for the future. It makes getting a new phone, or fixing an old one so much less stressful! Plus you can access everything from your computer at home and make changes there.

Any apps you have purchased will also be there. If you play Angry Birds though- you will have to start all over! :scared1:

Good luck with your reset. I second the suggestion to go into a corporate Verizon store and let the support team there help you do the reset.

It's gone from the all apps. Unfortunately.

I just checked my gmail and all my contacts are there so that's good. That's probably why I never learned how to do a backup, I didn't need to.

Too bad I'll have to start over with Angry Birds. But I guess I can handle that. :rotfl:

The last Droid Incredible update is causing problems, too. I get a low memory error message even though I have more free memory than used memory. At one point it stopped accepting texts and voice mails, grr.

The people at the Verizon store recommended a factory reset, too. Seems like a stock answer.

I had them do the factory reset yesterday. It didn't work. The clock is still gone and I can't change the alarm time.

I guess I'm stuck for right now.

So I have to start over on Angry Birds for nothing. Rats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter