Droid Depot with Essential Tremors

mrsclark

DIS Veteran
I am the planner for a large multi-generational trip this June. My dad is interested in making droid at Droid Depot, but is concerned because he has pretty severe essential tremors. I know that the reservation rules state that your guest cannot help you build the Droid, but would any exception be made if he needs help with small parts or pieces (really he will probably need help with any assembly). If not, would a CM be able to provide that assistance? I am also planning to build a droid - could I help him since I would also be a builder? I have never built a droid before - if anyone could comment on the number of parts, how many parts that might require fine motor skills, etc. that would also be helpful.

Hiya, I have minor essential tremors- so maybe not totally applicable, but I get the nervousness there!

The pieces are pretty big, and he won’t be handling anything like separate tiny screws. (There is a screwdriver to use for some attachments, but the screws are already part of the larger pieces, you don’t have to insert them.) Some parts just snap together.

I struggled with lining up the BB body, and a CM helped me out. (Not a tremor issue, just me having general problems, ha.)

This isn’t an official answer, but I don’t think they would mind if you had to help out your dad- especially if you’re building your own anyways. It’s not like you’ll have five people crowded around building one droid.

There are some videos on YouTube that go through the process, if that will help to alleviate some worry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter