• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Driving

disneylover40

Earning My Ears
Hey! My family will be driving down to Disney this year. We live in Pa and it will be a 17 hour drive down to disney. My dad wants to drive straight through but my family doesn't want to! What are some reasons why we shouldn't drive straight through? And what are some good games to do in a 17 hour car ride? I don't want to kill my sisters during the car ride :)

Good Luck with the drive :cheer2: My number one argument would be safety. When you are that tired it is harder to drive. For long car rides I would suggest a DVD player. Movies make time fly for me! Also try Disney books, car bingo, and music. Have a magical trip!:wizard:

Hello! My name is Baylee! I wouldn't want to drive 17 hours straight through either because I live in Pennsylvania too. What part of PA are you in? I'm in Central PA. Anyways, your dad will get tired from driving that long, and your legs will get tired and you will have to go to the bathroom! Of course you would have to spend more money on a hotel, but hey, you have to get a fresh new day. Ur family will feel achy when you get to Disney. What time are you leaving to go to Disney? What day are you leaving?

Some things you can do in the car is car bingo, watch movies, play a miniature game(I have miniature trouble), watch the Disney Planning DVD, and play the License Plate game! (if you know how to play that)

Write me back if u don't know how! Have fun on your trip! Good luck!:drive::beach::thumbsup2

Don't worry, we've drove down fro the past few trips. Take a couple of movies, and you're good. You also want drinks, and snacks.

expeditioneverestgrl said:
Hello! My name is Baylee! I wouldn't want to drive 17 hours straight through either because I live in Pennsylvania too. What part of PA are you in? I'm in Central PA. Anyways, your dad will get tired from driving that long, and your legs will get tired and you will have to go to the bathroom! Of course you would have to spend more money on a hotel, but hey, you have to get a fresh new day. Ur family will feel achy when you get to Disney. What time are you leaving to go to Disney? What day are you leaving?

Some things you can do in the car is car bingo, watch movies, play a miniature game(I have miniature trouble), watch the Disney Planning DVD, and play the License Plate game! (if you know how to play that)

Write me back if u don't know how! Have fun on your trip! Good luck!:drive::beach::thumbsup2

Hi I'm sisters with disneylover40 and I'm glad everyone agrees to not drive straight through! :p we live near the Pittsburgh area and we are going to Disney in march for my 18th birthday which I know is far away but we are planning early because we are so excited!!!! :) we have a bunch of Disney songs from classic movies on our iPods so we usually do singing competitions in the car and sing along which is fun! :) thanks for all the ideas!

Hey! My family will be driving down to Disney this year. We live in Pa and it will be a 17 hour drive down to disney. My dad wants to drive straight through but my family doesn't want to! What are some reasons why we shouldn't drive straight through? And what are some good games to do in a 17 hour car ride? I don't want to kill my sisters during the car ride :)

I live in PA too, but in 7 days we are taking a plane instead. Where in PA to you live? I live in Danville. We have drove to Disney many times though. Are your sisters younger or older or are you a middle child.
If they are older: they may bring some type of interactive phone (smartphone, iphone, ect.) There is also the option of bringing some fun games like mad libs, or even planning your trip if you haven't done that already.
If they are younger: You can be creative and make games for them such as bingo (which is what I did by making disney homemade bingo cards) or crosswords.
If you are the middle child: You can do any of the previously stated ideas above or you can take turns watching movies or choosing car games with your siblings. I have drove 18 hrs before with a 13 yr old sister (expeditioneverestgrl) and a 11 yr old brother and used these ideas before.
Hope these ideas help!! :)

Orreed said:
Good Luck with the drive :cheer2: My number one argument would be safety. When you are that tired it is harder to drive. For long car rides I would suggest a DVD player. Movies make time fly for me! Also try Disney books, car bingo, and music. Have a magical trip!:wizard:

Thank you :) I think our family will have a Disney sing along in the car ride!!

CHBDISNEY said:
I live in PA too, but in 7 days we are taking a plane instead. Where in PA to you live? I live in Danville. We have drove to Disney many times though. Are your sisters younger or older or are you a middle child.
If they are older: they may bring some type of interactive phone (smartphone, iphone, ect.) There is also the option of bringing some fun games like mad libs, or even planning your trip if you haven't done that already.
If they are younger: You can be creative and make games for them such as bingo (which is what I did by making disney homemade bingo cards) or crosswords.
If you are the middle child: You can do any of the previously stated ideas above or you can take turns watching movies or choosing car games with your siblings. I have drove 18 hrs before with a 13 yr old sister (expeditioneverestgrl) and a 11 yr old brother and used these ideas before.

Well, we live around the Pittsburgh area. Also, I am the middle child!! Thanks for the great ideas for our ride down :)

disneylover40 said:
Well, we live around the Pittsburgh area. Also, I am the middle child!! Thanks for the great ideas for our ride down :)

We live in Pittsburg too! And we take the long drive too!

I would never be able to drive straight through and Florida is right next to my state! I live in Georgia. We stop for breakfast and SOMETIMES lunch. My legs hurt waaaay to much if we don't stop! And I always drink too much in the car and have to stop for a bathroom break. :blush:

We like to drive to DWD too! However our trip is only 10 hours! Uhmm some great things to do for a long trip like that stay up all night so when you leave you'll fall asleep in the car, if you have a laptop charge it and bring movies to watch or games (try to save battery), my parents like to listen to 70's in the car.. so a i pod or mp3 is great to have, charge your phone so when you really start to get bored you can text, call, get on Fb whatever, also if your old enough and have your permit or license ask your parents to drive for a little bit and last a camera is really great to have for when you stop and eat or get gas (you never know what you'll see...) pixiedust:

Ahhhh you live where Phineas and Ferb live! ;):eek::teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter