• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Driving Princeton to PHL on 7/4 for 11:40am flight?

brettb

Mouseketeer
Arthur willing, our flight leaves PHL at 11:40am. We usually allow a little more than an hour to drive from just north of Princeton, NJ to Winner Airport Parking.

Our usual goal is to be at the airport almost 3 hours before departure but reality is that it's usually closer to 2 hours.

Does anybody have any thoughts on the traffic we should expect Friday morning? Right now, I'm thinking that we should aim to leave the house at 7am. This probably means we'd get out the door by 7:30am.

Setting aside Andrew-induced issues, should we expect better-, worse-, or typical check-in/security lines at PHL on the morning of 7/4?

I assume that if there are Arther-related cancellations on Thursday night, things will be BAD on Friday morning.

I would not think there would be a good deal of traffic on the NJ turnpike 295 or 95. I also think you mean Arthur and right now they are saying mostly coastal effects.

I would not think there would be a good deal of traffic on the NJ turnpike 295 or 95. I also think you mean Arthur and right now they are saying mostly coastal effects.

Thank you times 2! (I edited my post to reflect my D'oh! on impending TS name.)

Holiday Friday heading that way at 730 I would saw next to nothing.

You all are probably right, but if you're taking I-95 remember you pass by Sesame Place and you're going through Philadelphia, where the Declaration was signed. I wouldn't count out traffic for Independence Day holiday, others yes, not this one. Around Philly anyway.

JMHO, your mileage may vary, coffee is hot, not valid in Bergen County NJ on Sundays.

Just for reference, we left home, just north of Princeton at 7:35am. We were at Winner Airport Parking in about an hour - the fastest we've ever made it. Traffic was fairly light.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter