Driving distances and where to stay?

TulipsNZ

Mouseketeer
We are arriving in LA on the 21st Sept, driving down to LEGOLAND, staying in the LEGOLAND hotel that night and doing the LEGOLAND park on the 22nd. what we do next is confusing me.

We want to go to San Diego zoo on the 23rd and be back to go to Disney on the 24th, we have 4 day park hoppers and are also going to the MHP (if we get tickets) on the 26th. We have never been to Disney or Southern California before.

I need advice on where to stay on the night of the 22nd and 23rd, would it be better to spend both nights in San Diego and drive up to Disney early on the morning of the 24th or would it be better to drive up on the evening of the 23rd? What are the driving distances and traffic like?

Would it be worth staying an extra night at the LEGOLAND hotel just so we are not hotel hopping, it seems like a lot of checking in and out if we move every day.

If we did drive up in the morning that would give us two nights in San Diego, what is there that is good to do in the evenings?

We are doing a very whirlwind jam packed trip so I think we will be tired, it might be nice to have a bit of a slowed paced few days before heading to Disney.

Sorry for the ramble but I'm thinking out loud.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter