Drinks (non-alcoholic) on the DDP

CarlyMur09

Mouseketeer
Hi, all.

So, our upcoming trip in April will be our second time and our second time with the DDP as well. We learned a lot about how we can maximize it this time, but I am curious about one thing.

Drinks.

So I know it has to be a non-alcoholic beverage, but I'm curious as to what the limitations are.

Sci-Fi Dine-in let us use a milkshake as our drink, so I was wondering if any other places let you use anything other than the typical fountain drink or coffee, tea, etc. Both table service or quick service.

As a side note, here are our ADRs.

O'hana Dinner
Le Cellier Lunch
BOG breakfast
LTT Dinner
Sci-Fi Dine-in lunch
Tucker House Breakfast
Garden Grill lunch
Crystal Palace Breakfast
BOG Dinner

On that list of ADR's, you're pretty much stuck with the standard fountain/tea/coffee, other than Sci-Fi.

It's really pretty rare that any place will allow you to substitute a specialty drink for the standards. Off the top of my head, the only others ones that allow it are 50'sPT and Whispering Canyon Cafe will also allow you to sub a milkshake for your drink. There are probably another one or two, but that 's the ones I'm thinking of right now. We haven't done the dining plan in years, due to the restrictions on how you have to order.

We were at Ohana on DDP in March 2016. We asked and were given POG juice (I just asked for the special juice they serve at breakfast) and my son had a Shirley Temple. We were given unlimited free refills (which surprised me).

I used to get the most amazing specialty nonalcoholic drinks at Le Cellier (last time was way back in 2012) but in March 2016, my server had never heard of such a thing. We were offered specialty tea there, which was nice. DON'T get the lemonade though...we had it at LC and at Whispering Canyon Cafe and it was dreadful both times.

I know its not one of your ADRs, but I really enjoyed my virgin pina colada at Turf Club last March :)

So I know it has to be a non-alcoholic beverage, but I'm curious as to what the limitations are.

Sci-Fi Dine-in let us use a milkshake as our drink, so I was wondering if any other places let you use anything other than the typical fountain drink or coffee, tea, etc. Both table service or quick service.

Best rule of thumb is to ALWAYS ask when you order. You never know until you ask at the restaurant.

We always been able to get them at Disney owned resturant , coral reef, mama melrose , gf cafe, whispering canyon cafe , flying fish cafe , etc. Getting drinks like Virgin piña colada and strawberry daiquiri

Best rule of thumb is to ALWAYS ask when you order. You never know until you ask at the restaurant.
I always ask. Sometimes I get & sometimes not. At Kona, the server once made me a virgin cocktail not on the regular list. At Sanaa, they also usually provide one of the stock Disney virgin cocktails. The list will be on the menu or drink menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter