Drinks at Trader Sams

I had the Krakatoa Punch. It was good and the souvenir glass is really cool. If you plan to go lots of times during your trip, make sure you have the budget for it. I had the punch and DH had 2 beers and our bill was over $30.

The uh-oha is definitely my favorite drink.
As for food, we usually get the sushi, the salmon oshi zushi (did NOT spell that right) or the headhunter roll, but everything on their menu is super delicious!

that's interesting because my friend was told he could not buy it without the pearl. He was NOT happy.

that's interesting because my friend was told he could not buy it without the pearl. He was NOT happy.

I wouldn't be happy, either. As it was, one drink was enough for each of us, and I had the 10K the next morning. But it sure was tempting!

Maybe they have re-thought it between the time your friend was there and when I went?

At Disneyland when I ordered the Hippopotamaitai without the mug (b/c I'd bought the mug the day before) they gave it to me in an entirely different glass than *the* glass. Maybe that's what they do with the pearl?

I wouldn't be happy, either. As it was, one drink was enough for each of us, and I had the 10K the next morning. But it sure was tempting!

Maybe they have re-thought it between the time your friend was there and when I went?

At Disneyland when I ordered the Hippopotamaitai without the mug (b/c I'd bought the mug the day before) they gave it to me in an entirely different glass than *the* glass. Maybe that's what they do with the pearl?
When I was there over Princess weekend, they didn't allow my friend to order a pearl without the pearl cup. :(

When I was there over Princess weekend, they didn't allow my friend to order a pearl without the pearl cup. :(

Weird! that's when we were there, and the server definitely told us we could do it. Maybe it's because we were already getting one pearl and she knew that?

When my husband and I went for a first trip with only the 2 of us in November we stopped by Trader Sam's. It was a beautiful night so we grabbed a table on the patio and thoroughly enjoyed the ambience. We were boring as far as drinks go but did really like the Kahlua Pork Tacos - with cabbage and pickled vegetables.

I've enjoyed the HippopotoMai-Tai (clear glass) and the Krakatoa Punch (colourful glass). Both great tasting & strong cocktails. The Mai-Tai glass makes a great pen/pencil holder. The Krakatoa glass is pretty, comes with a glow cube and the figure on the glass gets cold to the touch when filled. The Shrunken Zombie Head is an interesting glass for your collection but not so tasty. More medicinal. Budget anywhere from $20-$25 (+tip) for one of these drinks with the glass. The appies at Trader Sams aren't that great & IMO way over-priced for what they are. I would get my munchies at nearby Captain Cooks instead. The pulled pork nachos are good & a classic. Enjoy!

Th drink prices are a little high but the place was different. My girlfriend and I grabbed a drink before the fireworks , 2 drinks cost me around 60 bucks with a tip but we did get souvineer glasses ,

I believe the price of the Nautilus is now $57? We were just there recently and asked about it. It comes with 5 oz. of alcohol, so it is technically the equivalent to 2 servings.

Weird! that's when we were there, and the server definitely told us we could do it. Maybe it's because we were already getting one pearl and she knew that?
Well, I'm not surprised. We have experienced a huge variation in the helpfulness of the bartenders at the Poly. But this friend has a collection of these cups and the bartender knew that (let's just say she spent some time in Trader Sam's ;) ). But now that I know it has been an option for someone, I'll let people know. We like the drink, but we don't need more pearls! Thanks for the info :)

We saw one person drink it. :) Seemed to be a bit nutty, but his wife didn't seem to be drinking and their 3 year old wasn't going to have any. :)

From themouseforless: "Nautilus – Barbancourt Pango Rhum, Appletone Estate Reserve Rum, Combier Creme de Peche de Vigne Liqueur, Tropical Juices, and Falernum. Served in a souvenir Nautilus. Serves two – $52.00"

Bit of a surprise if you don't check ahead of time!

Jiminy Christmas! I mean I know the souvenir it comes in is cool, but I spent $50 on 3 drinks and 1 mug when I was at Disneyland, I can't fathom $50+tip for just one drink. Goodness gracious!

I loved the taste of the Zombie, but took home the cup from the HippoPotoMaiTai.

Hippos in the trees!

I agree. I love the zombie. And for food my DH loved the pork tacos
Here's my approximation:

1 oz each of Bacardi light, Bacardi dark and Bacardi 151 rum
4 oz orange juice
4 oz pineapple juice
1/2 oz brandy
2 oz falernum
Big dash of powdered cinnamon

Shake with crushed ice and pour into a tall glass. Garnish with orange twist straddling a cherry and speared thru a mint leaf.

Here's my approximation:

1 oz each of Bacardi light, Bacardi dark and Bacardi 151 rum
4 oz orange juice
4 oz pineapple juice
1/2 oz brandy
2 oz falernum
Big dash of powdered cinnamon

Shake with crushed ice and pour into a tall glass. Garnish with orange twist straddling a cherry and speared thru a mint leaf.
I had to look up falernum. I need to put it on my list for next weekend's cocktails.

How does Meyers rum compare to the Bacardi 151? I just have Bacardi light now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter