Drink Specials?

Cfry06

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!
We've cruised 2x now with DCL and we are hooked! We only found out on our last day of our last cruise that there are occasional drink specials (have since read about more in various trip reports). We usually bring something on board, but always interested in trying new things, experiencing new bars/lounges on the ship and interacting with the fun CMs! If we can save a little too- hey even better!

What sorts of specials have you experienced? On which ships? Castaway? Our next cruise is only a 3 night on the Dream in Sept. Any specials on the short cruises?

Thanks in advance :)

I think on Castaway they do 2 4 1 on conch coolers at around 2pm for an hour but the times vary so its spotting it.

Also there is always a drink of the day (which is on the navigator) and this is usually cheaper than the regular drinks and allows you to try something new.

On Pirate night during the party on the Magic, there was a 2 for 1 special on a green drink. It may have been a grasshopper?? Not sure.

Also makes a nice souvenir to take home as its a proper glass beer glass I believe

We actually ended up with two.

After embarkation we ate lunch in Enchanted Garden and I asked if I could get my beer mug then since I pre-paid. They asked for proof of my payment (which I had in an email on my phone and printed in my bag) and they brought my draft in the mug. But then when I arrived in my room my mug was waiting for me. I brought the extra mug with me to guest services but they just said to keep it and enjoy my cruise so we actually ended up with 2 for 1.

They had a special on Bloody Mary's by the pool before noon, it was a couple of dollars off. On Magic in January 2015.

The drink of the day special is in your navigator. We ask all servers who come around to come back (again) during happy hour - we had one daily. Sometimes it was 2 for 1 drinks, you choice other times it was a specific drink. Castaway Cay about 2pm was your choice. We had tons of tropical depressions ;)

Last Friday on CC, they did a 2-for-1 anything (non-alcohol drinks included) from 11:30 to 12:00. They announced it while we were at Cookie's for lunch.

While on CC in December, we asked at the Sand Bar about half price drinks...it was about 2 pm...and the CMs acted like we were crazy...it was very awkward

How do you find out about these specials?
Depends on the specials you are asking about. Some are openly advertised, others the CMs will tell you about.

I also forgot to mention that the Captains reception has free drinks as well.

We look forward to the "drink of the day" specials. We are not big drinkers so we don't have a go-to drink, so we always try the specials.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter