Dream: July 1, 2011

Hello all. I am brand-spanking-new to the forum and so far I love it.

Our first ever cruise will be July 1st (which happens to be my 40th birthday.) It will be me, DW, DS(12), DS(11), and DD (7). We are in room #12018.

I have booked the following events:

Day 1 - Port Canaveral - Friday, July 1, 2011
:)No activities reserved.

Day 2 - Nassau - Saturday, July 2, 2011
:)Atlantis Dolphin Cay Shallow Water Interaction & Aquaventure 9:10AM 4:25PM
:)Remy Dinner 8:10PM

Day 3 - Castaway Cay - Sunday, July 3, 2011
:)Cabana #2 Rental (any reviews of Cabana #2???)
:)Castaway Ray's Stingray Adventure 10:00AM 11:00AM

Day 4 - At Sea - Monday, July 4, 2011
:)Palo Brunch 10:00AM
:)Couples Ultimate Indulgence Treatment 12:00PM
:)Palo Dinner 8:00PM

Day 5 - Port Canaveral - Tuesday, July 5, 2011
:)No activities reserved.

I would love feedback on my itinerary from all you "cruise professionals". Does anything not make sense from a scheduling perspective? Will we be neglecting our children on day 4 with all of our adult-only meals/activities? Am I missing anything? Feel free to shoot straight... I have thick skin.

Yes, I am trying to do as much as possible since I have neglected my poor family's vacation needs for some time. And no, unfortunately I am not made of money but I feel like this vacation needs to be a blowout.

Thanks in advance for your input and I look forward to seeing you in July!

Okay, it took me a minute to figure out how you had everything booked already but then I saw your stateroom number and figured it out. Mental head slap on my part! And good for you for having a 40th birthday blowout. :thumbsup2

First, I don't believe you will be completely ignoring your children but please remember that your kids will need to eat in the clubs or will be at dinner by themselves (well together but without parents). It's up to you. I don't know your kids. They might not want you at dinner with them. :goodvibes Either way, they will be well taken care of by DCL staff. So no worries there. :thumbsup2 I just know my DD would not do well but then again, her half sisters are so much older that they wouldn't be on the cruise with us and she is truly more of an only child so that's a different mentality and where I'm coming from.

My only thought is that you might be pushing your time for the Palo Brunch to the spa. I'm sure the concierge could advise you better but I would drop the brunch and just go to the spa.

Also, I just read that Remy's is a 3.5 or 4 hours experience. You may want to think about how tired you are at the end of the day at Atlantis. I know I would be face down in the food that night. :goodvibes And will your little one be at the club that late after an all day excursion?

Okay, those were my only thoughts. :)

Okay, it took me a minute to figure out how you had everything booked already but then I saw your stateroom number and figured it out. Mental head slap on my part! And good for you for having a 40th birthday blowout. :thumbsup2

First, I don't believe you will be completely ignoring your children but please remember that your kids will need to eat in the clubs or will be at dinner by themselves (well together but without parents). It's up to you. I don't know your kids. They might not want you at dinner with them. :goodvibes Either way, they will be well taken care of by DCL staff. So no worries there. :thumbsup2 I just know my DD would not do well but then again, her half sisters are so much older that they wouldn't be on the cruise with us and she is truly more of an only child so that's a different mentality and where I'm coming from.

My only thought is that you might be pushing your time for the Palo Brunch to the spa. I'm sure the concierge could advise you better but I would drop the brunch and just go to the spa.

Also, I just read that Remy's is a 3.5 or 4 hours experience. You may want to think about how tired you are at the end of the day at Atlantis. I know I would be face down in the food that night. :goodvibes And will your little one be at the club that late after an all day excursion?

Okay, those were my only thoughts. :)

Thank you so so much for the great thoughts!! 3-4 hours for dinner???? Wow, we may need to back that up if possible (or drink a lot of coffee).

My biggest concern was the brunch right before the spa. We may need to cancel that. Thank you again so much for your advice and I hope to meet you in July. :thumbsup2

Hello ~ I'm introducing myself to this thread. My family is traveling on the Disney Dream July 1-5th and we are getting very excited. Only 97 days from today :banana:

Although we have been to the parks many times, this will be our first Disney cruise and I feel I have a lot to learn: cabin door decorating, learning about the FE gift exchange, etc.

DisBoard members :grouphug: Are we gifting on the cruise?

I was thinking of preparing family gift bags ~ any ideas?

Counting the days...:hourglass

I would love to participate in the fish exchange --- FE -- DH, me, DD (8) and DS (4) --- This is our third cruise.. and FE's make it even more special..

Let's figure out who would like to be in on this.

Lori

:bored:

Time until Friday, July 1, 2011 at 4:00:00 PM

93 days

2232 hours

133924 minutes

8035454 seconds

:woohoo:

It is 93 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes, 14 seconds until Friday, July 1, 2011 at 4:00:00 PM

We would love to participate in a FE exchange! It would be for DH, DD(15), and me. We have been to the parks many times, but this is our first cruise, and we are so excited!:yay:

Booked our Excursions and Palo yesterday. One step closer to setting sail!:cool1: Got all but one of the excursions we wanted. No more jet skis left. Oh well, guess we can keep checking back.

As far as I can see, eight (8) families have shown interest in the FE gift exchange by mentioning it on this board :dance3:
(Please let me know if I missed someone in error) :scared1:

Please provide additional (or clarify) info as soon as it is available (family infor, cabin #, etc.)

If anyone is interested in joining the FE gift exchange, please post your info so that it can be added :grouphug:

Veteran cruisers, please advise on any particulars that we need to do to have this be a successful exchange. Thank you :wizard:

DisBoard Name ~ Family Members ~ Cabin Number

SNeon1 DW, DH, DS (23)
Davistigers
Randlhome DS (4), DD (8)
Twinsboysmommy DW, DH, DSx2 (10) 7586
Abjwitt92 DW, DH, DS (10), DD (6) 10028 and 7534
Eyeore’s the best
Daisyqueen DH, DD (15)
Kidz dream

We're getting closer ~ Only 81 days until we set sail :banana:

Hello! :wave: We booked this cruise fairly late in the game but glad to be onboard! :boat: It's just two of us, me (Wendy) and my DBF. A holiday dinner onboard for Independence Day sounds like fun! Only 63 days to go! :thumbsup2

Hello! :wave: We booked this cruise fairly late in the game but glad to be onboard! :boat: It's just two of us, me (Wendy) and my DBF. A holiday dinner onboard for Independence Day sounds like fun! Only 63 days to go! :thumbsup2

Ahhhh... the Georgia contingent grows stronger every day, just as I have foreseen. Everything is going exactly as planned. Soon, nobody will stand between me and my goal of WORLD DOMINATION!!!! MOOOOOOWAHAHAHAHA!!!

:worship::worship::worship::worship:
:worship::worship::worship::worship: (( :snooty: ))

Sorry, sometimes I get a little bored (and delusional.) OK... see yall in July!

;)

Ahhhh... the Georgia contingent grows stronger every day, just as I have foreseen.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Be careful - we don't want to tip the boat!

Makes me wonder why, with as big as Atlanta is, I've never seen anyone on the boards try to plan a DIS meet here? Maybe too busy making door magnets? (my weakness!) :rotfl:

As far as I can see, eight (8) families have shown interest in the FE gift exchange by mentioning it on this board :dance3:
(Please let me know if I missed someone in error) :scared1:

Please provide additional (or clarify) info as soon as it is available (family infor, cabin #, etc.)

If anyone is interested in joining the FE gift exchange, please post your info so that it can be added :grouphug:

Veteran cruisers, please advise on any particulars that we need to do to have this be a successful exchange. Thank you :wizard:

DisBoard Name ~ Family Members ~ Cabin Number

SNeon1 DW, DH, DS (23)
Davistigers
Randlhome DS (4), DD (8)
Twinsboysmommy DW, DH, DSx2 (10) 7586
Abjwitt92 DW, DH, DS (10), DD (6) 10028 and 7534
Eyeore’s the best
Daisyqueen DH, DD (15)
Kidz dream

We're getting closer ~ Only 81 days until we set sail :banana:

If it's not too late, please add us to the FE. There will be 2 adults (me & dh) & ds (11) in our stateroom (8092). This is the 2nd leg of our B2B on the Dream! :woohoo:

Booked our Excursions and Palo yesterday. One step closer to setting sail!:cool1: Got all but one of the excursions we wanted. No more jet skis left. Oh well, guess we can keep checking back.

If anyone was locked out of any excursions or the jet skis specifically make sure you keep checking. The single passenger jet skis went from fully booked to having mulitple times available. Just booked mine the other day.

If anyone was locked out of any excursions or the jet skis specifically make sure you keep checking. The single passenger jet skis went from fully booked to having mulitple times available. Just booked mine the other day.

We're neighbors (almost)-- I'm in Trumbull! :thumbsup2

hello im excited we are getting closer to our sailing date... im a firstiee with the fe... i was wondering hw is it gng ?? do we have a final date to where we can add on no more ?? and im wondering whats does the dh ?? dd?? ds?? so on mean ??? im a little confused and when do we exchange our gifts ??

i understnd the concept of fe...

bt i dnt see how's the process coming along. how many families are in it?? :confused3

Thanks for your interest in the FE - this is my first cruise and I REALLY want to participate as well. Your right though, there hasn't been much discussion here about it. I just checked my reservation and they finally have posted my stateroom information, so hopefully that is what everyone has been waiting for.

When do you think we should make the cut-off? We only have 46 days until we set sail - WOOHOO! :banana:

This is the list as far as I can see. Please provide any needed information for your cast of characters and/or stateroom info. I will update it as information is received -- thanks!!:surfweb:

SNeon1 8150 3A

Davistigers
-need stateroom # and cast of characters info

Randlhomes B(4); G(8)
- need stateroom info; adult info

Twinsboysmommy 7586 2A; Bx2 (10)

Abjwitt92 10028 and 7534 2A; B (10; G(6)

Eyeore’s the best
-need stateroom # and cast of characters info

Daisyqueen 1A; G (15)
-need stateroom #; correction to cast of characters?

Kidz dream 5678 2A; B(9); G(4)

Dishy24 8092 2A; B(11)

Please check your reservations; my stateroom was just posted from GTY

Again, please provide input/ideas -- this is my first cruise and I only know what I'm reading on others boards. I have not experienced this FE exchange before, but I'm eager to participate.

When should we cut off the list? There are only 9 families to date if all participate. Let's discuss :grouphug:

If your name is not listed and you want to participate, let us know -- the list is still open...

Thanks for your help --

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter