• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream Job at WDW

pjweaver

just happy to be here
I'm sure this has been done, I am just too lazy to hunt for it.

Try to be realistic. I'd love to be Gaston but that's not in the cards, and I would enjoy being a bartender at Rose and Crown (and the tips that come with it) but I'm not British and can't even fake the accent.

Be as specific as possible, and list some reasons. Don't forget WDW offers more positions than just rides at the four parks. Let's think outside the box.

I would pick attractions at Living with the Land. Seems easy enough and they are in air conditioning all day. They have lightweight uniforms (khaki shorts a polo shirt) and the biggest concern is people keeping their hands in the boat.

My backup would be bus driver. Same basic criteria for me here, AC, sitting down, and I could make small talk with guests if I wanted to break the monotony. The downside here is I would have to be more safety oriented and there is always the chance of 60 Brazilians screaming chants for 20 minutes.

well, my dream job doesn't exist but what I would want it to be is ...

Lead at a newly created Craft Beer Bar in the American Pavilion where I would be in charge of picking all the beers and getting that set up and just general management of that - and chatting up with people and talking about beer. The place would also have table service including a private room where at least once a month there would be beer pairing dinners with a rep from a brewery and a chef from a signature restaurant prepare the meal and do the beer pairing etc.

Actually, I'd want to be a VIP Tour Guide at any of the four parks, but specifically MK.

I was a Studio Guide at Universal Studios Hollywood, and got to lead a few VIP tours, but I loved it. Loved tailoring the experience to the guest, loved sharing info they'd never heard, loved giving them glimpses at stuff that other guests never got to see.

I'm sure there are headaches with some of the guests, but I never had that experience at USH. I'd love to do it at Disney.

Actually, I'd want to be a VIP Tour Guide at any of the four parks, but specifically MK.

I was a Studio Guide at Universal Studios Hollywood, and got to lead a few VIP tours, but I loved it. Loved tailoring the experience to the guest, loved sharing info they'd never heard, loved giving them glimpses at stuff that other guests never got to see.

I'm sure there are headaches with some of the guests, but I never had that experience at USH. I'd love to do it at Disney.

have you read The Ride Delegate? Definitely sheds light the not so glamours parts ... but some highs as well - a lot depends on the family you get

The Ride Delegate: Memoir of a Walt Disney World VIP Tour Guide

I think my dream job right now would be to work for Ohmy.Disney.com. Could you imagine writing articles about Disney all day?! Heaven!!!

I don't think my dream position exists. I'd love to go around the parks just helping people and making magic all day. Helping people that are staring at a map confused go where they need, get crying children something to cheer them up. That kind of stuff.

But out of positions that do exist? Working in haunted mansion or tower of terror OR going back to cake decorating and working at one of the bakeries.

I have 3.

#1 would be to work in the Living Seas as a diver. I just don't want to do all the science stuff, just lead dives and clean up fish poop.

#2 would be to be a tour guide, don't care which park. I can just picture the scene in Dave with the White House Guide doing the "and we're walking and we're walking"

#3 would be behind the scenes, most likely a bookkeeper because that's what I do and I'm very good at it, but any of the behind the scenes things would work.

Some kind of boat skipper. Not jungle cruise but a Friendship Boat or the launch to Disney Springs. To rotate through different watercraft would be ideal. I love being out on the water!

Haunted Mansion would be fun, too. My dark undereye circles make me a shoe-in.

I don't think my dream position exists. I'd love to go around the parks just helping people and making magic all day. Helping people that are staring at a map confused go where they need, get crying children something to cheer them up. That kind of stuff.

OMG, @NeuroCindy - you NAILED it!!!! I was sitting here, trying to think a job that would be "making people happy, making it all better, and making magic", but couldn't think where that would exist, but that's EXACTLY what I'd want to do! For me, it would have to inside somewhere in the heat/humidity though, and also somewhere I can sit, since I can't stand for long periods of time anymore.

Used to think, when asked this question, I would want to work in Journey into Imagination, specifically in the "white room" at the end, but after the abomination that attraction became after the 2 "re-dos", that's out.

So - things that are actually possible - given the inside/sitting factors. Maybe working at a resort (I'm thinking either AK or WL) checking people in and giving them great individualized attention and help if they have questions and giving them awesome rooms (making magic that way?). Or even giving Lodge tours, if I could do it on an ECV.

Last edited:
Last edited:
DH and I are planning to work at WDW when we retire (we still have 20+ years to go!) to get away from the cold Canadian winters
We regularly talk about being the lovely bag checkers at the entrance and chatting with all the little kids!!

I don't think it is realistic any more (mostly because I never cracked how to get in) but I would love to do lighting design for Imagineering both show/theatrical/ride and industrial so restaurants etc. I have the training, know how, and ability but no matter how I tried to get an interview with imagineering I had no luck. Then when I got back to NYC I couldn't afford to keep chasing the dream so had to take an office job. I miss designing a lot but sadly student loan bills mean I need a consistent salary.

Now I wouldn't mind doing date analysis for marketing and finances. I love numbers and trying to find trends and making predictions based on those things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter