"Dream" food, must haves?

My favorite thing on this last cruise was easily the gnocchi from Palo. The best I've ever had!

My favorite foods on the Dream were the Pasta Pursettes (those seem to be popular with a lot of people haha), the Escargot, the Muesli at Palo brunch, and the Crème Brulee. Since I can't have chocolate or citrus, I had the Crème Brulee every night for dessert, and I was in heaven!

I love love love the pasta puseittes in AP, the chateaubriand, creme brulee, muesli from Cabanas, eggs benedict, crunchy walnut cake and Belle's french onion soup. My absolute favorite food to eat while on the cruise has to be the Tuscan white bean soup from Palo. It is seriously delicious. Grand Marnier souffle is also a favorite.

Last edited:
I am a huge foodie but I think a lot of the food is mediocre in the MDRs. In fairness I don't like anything orange or chocolate flavoured or fennel/artichoke/bell pepper all which seemed to be everywhere last trip! I did like a few things, which I would order again, some are from the Fantasy too:

Beef Wellington
Sea bass
Lobster
Escargots
French Onion Soup
Creme Brulee
Baked Alaska

Cabanas - I like the stone crab legs.

Poolside - thought this was quite poor, the best thing I tasted was a nice salad and the chicken tenders were ok. Burgers, Pizza and Bratties were not good.

Palo brunch is so so but I like the crabs legs, caviar, ahi tuna, blue cheese and chocolate strawberries.

Palo dinner - (Not a huge fan of Italian restaurants so was hesitant the first time we went) steak, osso bucco, ciopinno all delicious, love the antipasto (minus artichoke). Risotto was like porridge way too claggy and not good. Mango panna cotta was nice and the only dessert I like in Palo

Remy brunch I like it all even though it is a set meal

Remy dinner again I enjoyed it all

Overrated IMO - Mickey Bars, Palo Chocolate Souffle, and the cheese platter from Room service (bland cheese and not enough crackers - I know you can ask for more)!

I don't ever associate Disney with good food but after 9 cruises I will say the following. At Palo Brunch the Chicken Parm over Rissota is excellent and I absolutely love the Panna Cotta served at Palo. I ask for extras and they always give me some for my fridge. I do enjoy Palo. My daughter loves the chicken Caesar wraps by the pool. The chicken fingers are great and their french fries. I do like the Mickey Bars and the chocolate chip cookies. At Serenity Bay they serve Ribeyes which are excellent. Do yourself a favor and go over and try it. Even if you feel guilty leaving your family it will only be 20 minutes and bring some back.

Ok, the pasta pursettes have got my mouth watering. Anyone have more info about them, piccies?

Ok, the pasta pursettes have got my mouth watering. Anyone have more info about them, piccies?

ba775112-063d-4386-b58c-47b4118e36e3.jpg

I love the big peel & eat shrimp for lunch everyday at Cabanas.

Also, the stone crab claws aren't too shabby!
Recently off the Fantasy - I think I ate my weight in peel and eat shrimp!

I tried the crab claws on the first day and they were terrible. It seemed like they had been frozen and thawed a few times. Mushy and tasted like water. blech

On a cruise I love to eat all my favorite foods without guilt. You know those things we love but rarely eat at home. So I was loving the muffins and corned beef hash at the breakfast buffet. The peel and eat shrimp at the lunch buffet with the cocktail sauce that had that perfect tangy bite. I always made a detour for the soft serve twist cones. As far as dinners go, my absolute favorite was the Sea Bass( so delicious). But then I was deceived into thinking all the fish dishes would be as incredible and ordered the Mahi Mahi. Big mistake, the Mahi Mahi was horrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter