Dream big, live Grand. VGF homeowners' thread.

We liked both as each had its own specialties, ie poly had udon noodles, tonga (French) toasts and gf had make your own salads and a nicer bakery selection
Plus I think the walk from the villas are almost the same--at gf winding around the various buildings to get to the grill vs walking along the shore to poly

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
4401 Floridian Way, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, FL 32830

That is the address for the main building. You could call to see if there is a better address for the Villas.

I think with GG you can order a day or so before or even while you are there. With the Amazon pantry I would order about a week before. They will hold your order at the front desk.

Hi we are considering VGF for our next stay. When looking at photos and videos I can not see any storage for clothing. There does not appear to be a bureau anywhere. Can you fill me in on this? Thanks!:thanks:

Hi we are considering VGF for our next stay. When looking at photos and videos I can not see any storage for clothing. There does not appear to be a bureau anywhere. Can you fill me in on this? Thanks!:thanks:

DH and I stayed in a studio at VGF recently. There were storage drawers under the bed...Didn't use them as we were only there for 2 nights of a split stay! LOVED IT!:thumbsup2 Enjoy!:)

Yes sorry a studio! There would be myself and two sons 14 and 8!
There is limited storage for anything. Expect to be creative with your storage needs. As a pp noted, there are two drawers under the bed; however, only one of them is accessible since the nightstand blocks the other one from opening. The closet has three or four very tiny cubicles and room to hang a few clothes, but your space is limited by the ironing board and the safe with the cubicles eating into your hanging space. That's it. There is no other drawer space since the Murphy bed sits in the unit beneath the TV. Some have stacked a suitcase or two against the lock-off door and used that as a stand for another suitcase in which to store clothes. While doable, you will be cramped. For the record, despite the poor planning for storage in the studio, we enjoyed our stay there and loved the location. Good luck!

We requested 1429 & 1329, best view for the fire works from a standard view.

But I rather go out side and see stuff then waste points on a better view.

Any room location suggestions for a standard view?

If STUDIO we stayed in STANDARD 1505 in December.. I thought it was a GORGEOUS view!:goodvibes Check out my pic of the view on the GF Resort and Villas FAQ's thread of the Disney Resorts Section..Go to 12/29/14 post #501 pg.34.

You will LOVE VGF! GORGEOUS!:dance3:Enjoy!

If STUDIO we stayed in STANDARD 1505 in December.. I thought it was a GORGEOUS view!:goodvibes Check out my pic of the view on the GF Resort and Villas FAQ's thread of the Disney Resorts Section..Go to 12/29/14 post #501 pg.34. You will LOVE VGF! GORGEOUS!:dance3:Enjoy!

Thats great view, thanks for the tip!

Recently returned from a nine night stay in a studio at VGF. We sold our BLT points to buy here and I am SO glad we did. These units blow away anything else we have ever stayed at, with the possible exception of Aulani, though I think that our love of Aulani is baed largely on the fact that it is, well, Aulani and it's in Hawaii! The finishes in these units are clearly a cut above other DVCs and the studio is more spacious than others - particularly BLT and AKV. Having two showers rocks for a dad with a wife and two daughters. We found the storage to be a challenge but not impossible. For a nine night stay over Christmas, we had more luggage and clothing than normal and we found places to put everything and to store luggage (though admittedly one of the places we stored luggage was in the small alcove where the connecting door to the next unit was located.

I love that they have a dedicated front desk and concierge staff in this building as it makes it feel special like it should for being at the GF. The lobby is awesome and was a place to hang out on a rainy morning while the girls were getting ready and I wanted to read. This resort just feels more special than other DVC properties.

We toured the 1BR model (having seen it at SSR last year we wanted to see a 'real one'). And it absolutely blew us away to the point that the kids said they'd rather come less often and get to stay in that 1BR unit. We've always been fine in studios but have treated ourselves now and then to a 1 BR - and more rarely a 2BR. But I kind of agree with the kids as the 1BR gives you so much more.

Selling BLT and buying VGF was the best move we could have made. Now we have home status at our three favorite resorts in the Disney family (BCF, VGF and Aulani).

I'm open to questions to anyone who has any!

Recently returned from a nine night stay in a studio at VGF. We sold our BLT points to buy here and I am SO glad we did. These units blow away anything else we have ever stayed at, with the possible exception of Aulani, though I think that our love of Aulani is baed largely on the fact that it is, well, Aulani and it's in Hawaii! The finishes in these units are clearly a cut above other DVCs and the studio is more spacious than others - particularly BLT and AKV. Having two showers rocks for a dad with a wife and two daughters. We found the storage to be a challenge but not impossible. For a nine night stay over Christmas, we had more luggage and clothing than normal and we found places to put everything and to store luggage (though admittedly one of the places we stored luggage was in the small alcove where the connecting door to the next unit was located. I love that they have a dedicated front desk and concierge staff in this building as it makes it feel special like it should for being at the GF. The lobby is awesome and was a place to hang out on a rainy morning while the girls were getting ready and I wanted to read. This resort just feels more special than other DVC properties. We toured the 1BR model (having seen it at SSR last year we wanted to see a 'real one'). And it absolutely blew us away to the point that the kids said they'd rather come less often and get to stay in that 1BR unit. We've always been fine in studios but have treated ourselves now and then to a 1 BR - and more rarely a 2BR. But I kind of agree with the kids as the 1BR gives you so much more. Selling BLT and buying VGF was the best move we could have made. Now we have home status at our three favorite resorts in the Disney family (BCF, VGF and Aulani). I'm open to questions to anyone who has any!

I agree with you, we sold 500 points at OKW and SSR and bought 750 points at VGF so we could stay in a one bedroom three weeks a year.

Disney did a beautiful job recreating the Victorian design we have in the homes overlooking the water on the north shore of Massachusetts.

Candy

I agree with you, we sold 500 points at OKW and SSR and bought 750 points at VGF so we could stay in a one bedroom three weeks a year.

Disney did a beautiful job recreating the Victorian design we have in the homes overlooking the water on the north shore of Massachusetts.

Candy

We sold all our SSR points this week to buy a few more VGF points. We love OKW & BCV too and own at both. So now the plan is to rotate 10 days every 3rd year...OKW GV, VGF 2BRM Lake view, & BCV 2BRM. I'm so glad we bought VGF.
It was our favorite WDW hotel and they did a great job with the DVC portion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter