• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dream 4 night dining question

MomsOf2boys

<font color= deeppink ><marquee>Has obsessive fing
I'm hoping you guys can help. Nov 14,2016 we are doing a 4 night with our 3rd day a sea day and 4th castaway cay. So I'm trying to figure out which night of restaurant will be a repeat and if pirate night is still castaway cay day?

I'm hoping you guys can help. Nov 14,2016 we are doing a 4 night with our 3rd day a sea day and 4th castaway cay. So I'm trying to figure out which night of restaurant will be a repeat and if pirate night is still castaway cay day?
Our 4 night Dream cruise, Pirate night was night 3. Or would have been, but it got moved due to Halloween activities and a bad weather report for that night. It was moved to night 2. The dining rotation was 1223 for that cruise (night 3 supposedly going to be Pirate night). Even with the switch we were in the same dining room for nights 2 & 3 so it didn't entirely mess up things.

We sailed on the Dream last month. In our experience on the 4-night cruises (we've done 6) Pirate Night is CC day and that's the night that you'll be repeating one of the MDR's.

On the February 15th 4 night Bahamian cruise on the Dream, Pirate Night was the 3rd night (and yes this was the CC day). We requested the dining rotation AERR and ate at Palo for dinner on Pirate's night. We also had brunch there on our at sea day and I preferred the brunch. I love seafood, and lots of variety - the dessert table was awesome. Have fun!

Our Sept 2015,4 night cruise on the Dream, Pirate Night was the 3rd night. We request to have dinner in AP two of the nights. Our rotation was RAAE.

Thanks everyone! I'm planning on doing palo on pirates night but couldn't remember if it was sea day or castaway cay day.

In February this year, our rotation was 1 2 3 3 . Castaway was the third night and the fourth was at Sea. Pirate night was Castaway Day.

Sea day is normally the last day. Our last 4 day was nassau, CC and sea day.

The Dream 4 night cruise does have some variations. The dining rotation can be either 1233 or 1223.

Our 4 night cruise was 1223 for the dining rotation. The original schedule for theme nights was Port Canaveral (Casual), Nassau (Halloween), Castaway Cay (Pirate), at sea (Casual). They switched our Halloween and Pirate nights so we had Pirate night on the Nassau day and Halloween on Castaway Cay day.

On the February 15th 4 night Bahamian cruise on the Dream, Pirate Night was the 3rd night (and yes this was the CC day). We requested the dining rotation AERR and ate at Palo for dinner on Pirate's night. We also had brunch there on our at sea day and I preferred the brunch. I love seafood, and lots of variety - the dessert table was awesome. Have fun!

Is there a reason to request a certain dining rotation?

So is it possible to request AP 2x and RP on the Semi Formal night?
Typically the repeated MDR is on nights 2 & 3. Dress Up Optional night is usually night 2. The order of the MDRs is Royal Palace followed by Animator's followed by Enchanted Garden. Rotation are (generally) RAAE; AEER; and ERRA. If you want Dress up night (night 2) in Royal Palace, then you won't be repeating Animator's.

Unless, of course, you have one of the cruises where the rotation is 1233. RAEE; AERR; and ERAA.

Last edited:
Typically the repeated MDR is on nights 2 & 3. Dress Up Optional night is usually night 2. The order of the MDRs is Royal Palace followed by Animator's followed by Enchanted Garden. Rotation are (generally) RAAE; AEER; and ERRA. If you want Dress up night (night 2) in Royal Palace, then you won't be repeating Animator's.

Unless, of course, you have one of the cruises where the rotation is 1223. RAEE; AERR; and ERAA.

Thanks so much @PrincessShmoo ! Very Helpful. So it looks like I will be requesting either ERRA and just double up on the R or getting exactly what I want with ERAA! What are the odds?!? :worship: please... please... please...

The only way it works is if your rotation is 1-2-3-3. The optional dress up night is night number 2.

Thank you!!!!!!!

Thanks so much @PrincessShmoo ! Very Helpful. So it looks like I will be requesting either ERRA and just double up on the R or getting exactly what I want with ERAA! What are the odds?!? :worship: please... please... please...

Thank you!!!!!!!
Also you can usually make changes the first day of embarkation. Either changing rotation or your Palo reservations.

Is there a reason to request a certain dining rotation?

We requested the specific dining rotation because I wanted to try Animator's palate first (although next time I may want to save the best for last!). Also I booked Palo for the 3rd night of our cruise since it was the CC day and therefore I assumed would be the Pirate night menu. I wanted to be sure that we would be at a restaurant for Pirate night that would be repeating so I would get to experience all of the dining rooms with the regular menus given this was our family's first cruise.

On our last cruise 3 night)we skipped animators since it was pirate night and did palo. My uncle had never been on a cruise with us so I want to make sure we don't miss that this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter