Dream 10/17

castawaykf

Earning My Ears
So since Matthew is forecasted to come back around and into Florida/Bahamas I wanted to get opinions on what might happen as far as port itineraries go. I realize that this storm is unprecedented and a lot of things are currently up in the air.

Would we possibly be given on board credit because we deviated from the original plan?

Thanks in advance for answers.

I would guess DCL would offer your cruise the same options as these recent cruises. Stateroom credit, 20% off a future cruise or the ability to cancel current cruise for a full refund.

Now, if they are able to cruise on the 17th but just can't dock at CC, then you probably won't get anything but an extra day at sea or a different port for excursions.

On that one too. As long as we are on schedule, I don't foresee any credits or anything for missed ports. Ports are really not guaranteed in case of weather on any cruise. That said, I do believe DCL will do everything they can to keep all happy and have a magical vacation.

I'm on that sailing, and I think we might be able to go to CC. It probably depends on how fast the cm's can get it back in shape. I sure hope so. I don't like sea days. If Matthew gets to The Bahamas, it won't be too strong.

We have messed port because of weather and they would refund you if you book an excursion through the cruise line. I was OK with that. I enjoy see days.

I'm on that sailing, and I think we might be able to go to CC. It probably depends on how fast the cm's can get it back in shape. I sure hope so. I don't like sea days. If Matthew gets to The Bahamas, it won't be too strong.

Just keep in mind it's not just a matter of the island "not being in shape". If they are unable to safely get into the channel and dock due to high winds, rough water, and/or super strong currents they will not be stopping. Sadly it's a fact of the ocean. It's missed far less than the islands of cruise lines where they have to tender, but it IS missed due to wind and water conditions.

We are also on that cruise. I don't expect anything extra. I've been on the cruise before and it was windy and didn't dock at cc. We didn't get any compensation. They didn't even add any extra activities. The theaters filled up and we couldn't get in there. Too windy to lounge, so took a nap and watched tv. Not my best cruise....a real bummer for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter