Dragons in New Fantasyland?

I hope they can successfully mask the parachute ,etc. --- with lighting effects?

Still very exciting. Maybe it can fly to universal and breathe fire on hogwarts.

Wow, was someone up at 3am just to film this? That's some dedication, especially since you can't really see anything. Either way, I still can't help but get excited!

My thought too. They knew enough to go film it at that hour but didn't take a camera that that could catch anything but lights and the sound of an ultralight's engine? Seems suspiciously like Disney using social media to build hype without really giving anything a way. How easy is it to get in the MK lot at 3am?

I'll speculate that this is one of the oft mentioned surprises for the FLE Grand Opening ceremony on 12/6 and will be part of an Avatar announcement.

My thought too. They knew enough to go film it at that hour but didn't take a camera that that could catch anything but lights and the sound of an ultralight's engine? Seems suspiciously like Disney using social media to build hype without really giving anything a way. How easy is it to get in the MK lot at 3am?

I'll speculate that this is one of the oft mentioned surprises for the FLE Grand Opening ceremony on 12/6 and will be part of an Avatar announcement.

To be fair, it's actually pretty easy to go in to the parking lots after park closing. We've done it more than once by accident trying to get to the highway and accidentally turning in to EPCOT instead. They have to have lanes open so people can go through and out the exit since it's one way on the way in.

That being said, I also wouldn't be surprised if it's actually a part of the marketing campaign! Either way I'm excited, although I don't see it being part of an avatar announcement, just a random flyover thing in NFL.

On Gary's blog, it finally shows the dragon. Very cool. However, it starts off the video saying the dragon is making a one day special appearance for the New Fantasyland. If that is true, I am very disappointed with all the hype for just a one day thing.

reelmom said:
On Gary's blog, it finally shows the dragon. Very cool. However, it starts off the video saying the dragon is making a one day special appearance for the New Fantasyland. If that is true, I am very disappointed with all the hype for just a one day thing.

Ditto :( or at least have it appear throughout the day at random.

I'm really hoping the dragon didn't make a one-night only appearance... It looked so cool and I think it was all really well done.

I reallllly hope this ends up being a regular feature. It looks amazing and I'd love to see it in person. I'm very into dragons so it gets a thumbs up from me!

Oh you mean like Avatarland ... given in the film they flew on what looked a lot like dragons?

CanadianGuy said:
Oh you mean like Avatarland ... given in the film they flew on what looked a lot like dragons?

Animal kingdom yes

How cool would it be if every night ended with a dragon flying over the park

Some of the suits heard my DH talking about the dragon to the lady that *opened* the new FLE and told them that the dragon was a *one shot* deal here at WDW.

No plans for it to be a part of anything at Disney.

North of Mouse said:
Some of the suits heard my DH talking about the dragon to the lady that *opened* the new FLE and told them that the dragon was a *one shot* deal here at WDW.

No plans for it to be a part of anything at Disney.

That would be odd unless its moving to Shanghai

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter