downtown disney "world of disney"

mommybear318

Mouseketeer
Does this store carry merchandise from all 4 parks or do you have to purchase park specific merchandise in that particular park?

You will start to see the same merchandise over and over again at the different parks. Some have more specific themes, maybe. If you see somethig you really like just ask a CM or where the person bought it and there are usually more than one location to get it.

I love shopping!

There is park specific stuff and the general merchandise.

For example, almost everything at the marketplace at POC is park specific and not available anywhere else. The same holds true for a lot of merchandise at AKL and AK, the Villan shop at MGM and for just about anything at WS.

The only advantage of World of Disney over the parks is the discount for passholders. If something is on sale at WOD, it is usually on sale in the parks. If there is something that you want and see it at the park or resort, then get it there (unless you are a passholder).

If you can get off site and don't mind closeouts, get to Character Warehouse at Belz Outlet Mall or Character Premier at Orlando Premium Outlets. These places are owned by Disney and offer merchandise at a discount. You won't find a lot of current merchandise there, but the bargains there make it worth the trip. Last trip the CW had lined dungaree jackets with Mickey on the back for 42.50 (sells at the parks for 85.00) Leftover Valentine Mickey's and Minnies for 14.00 (these looked no different than any other Mickey or Minnie and were 14" tall) Many T shirts, polo shirts kids stuff etc at great prices)

There are some things that are park exclusive, so my suggestion is...if you see something you really want get it! :earsboy: All the shops start to blend together after a while too, so it is sometimes hard to remember exactly where that special something was. :crazy: The CM's are very good at trying to locate a special purchase, but sometimes they can't find it either. Also remember, if you are staying on site you can have your purchases sent to your resort (unless you are leaving the next day, then they can't get it there in time) so you don't have to drag bags around all day.

That said, The World of Disney is my favorite Disney shop! They have tons of stuff there!! My next favorite is Mouse Gears in Epcot!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks so much for the info. I am not going until Nov, but I already have a list of souvenirs that I want to check out & possibly buy, thanks to the souvenir threads on this board.

I can't wait either - I also love to shop!!

The World of Disney is awesome for shopping! However, I agree that if you see something in a park, get it before you leave the park.

Get it,I would hate to tell you how many hours I've wasted going back to a park or certain shop to get something I thought I would pick up a litlle later. :flower: :sunny: :wizard: :goodvibes

To me, World of Disney has less and less merchandise. They seem to be putting more and more of the same stuff in it. There is a lot of princess stuff in the big room at the end. They used to have a room devoted entirely to women's sleep wear and lounge wear. It doesn't look that way any more. There is a larger room with jewelry. There is a large room with baby stuff. A large area with snow globes and similar items. Very few toys/games. You have to go to Once Upon a Toy for those (but there are lots of them there). Since Disney at Home closed, they have added some of the housewear type items to WoD, but not like they had a Disney at Home.

[ Since Disney at Home closed, they have added some of the housewear type items to WoD, but not like they had a Disney at Home.[/QUOTE]

Disney at Home closed!!! :earseek: RATS! I loved that store!! When did it close? Was it gone on our trip last June and I didn't even notice?? :earseek:

Also be sure to hold on to your receipts.
If something you buy turns out to be more of an impulse item, you can return it at any cash register, property wide.
Much easier to return something you changed your mind about than it is to hunt down something you wish you'd bought.

We decided on our last trip, to not spend alot of time in the stores in each park, but rather wait until our last day and shop at World of Disney. Well it was a mistake. I was really disappointed in the sweatshirt, t-shirt selection, compared to what I had seen in the parks. But I do have a cute story, while we were waiting to check out, a dad pushing his little one in a stroller, passed us quietly stating "I think we need a shirt that says we lost mommy and grandma in the biggest Disney store in the world...". My 19 year old daughter just burst out laughing when she heard this, causing us to startle the poor guy, but once he understood that he was the cause of our laughter, he smiled. ~:p~

SuzyQue said:
We decided on our last trip, to not spend alot of time in the stores in each park, but rather wait until our last day and shop at World of Disney. Well it was a mistake. I was really disappointed in the sweatshirt, t-shirt selection, compared to what I had seen in the parks. But I do have a cute story, while we were waiting to check out, a dad pushing his little one in a stroller, passed us quietly stating "I think we need a shirt that says we lost mommy and grandma in the biggest Disney store in the world...". My 19 year old daughter just burst out laughing when she heard this, causing us to startle the poor guy, but once he understood that he was the cause of our laughter, he smiled. ~:p~

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter