Downtown Disney...DON'T DO IT

Uh oh we were planning on going to DTD this Saturday night (our arrival day) - it will be packed. Maybe we'll stay at the hotel and order pizza :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

We went to DTD on our recent trip. We got there right as the shops were opening, so we got a great parking spot and had a nice time. I realize that is only realistic if you are taking a day off of the parks...otherwise you'd be using up prime park time.

I had really wanted to go to Festival of The Masters during our trip, but I just couldn't bring myself to actually go and face the parking nightmare with a four month old possibly screaming in the back seat.
I was wondering if it was OK first thing in the morning. We arrive on Friday night and wanted to head to DTD on Saturday morning, but I wasn't sure if it would be super busy. Sounds like if we want to try and go to DTD first thing in the morning may be our best bet.

We went on a Sunday evening the first weekend in November, it was horrible. Drove around for 15 minutes trying to get a spot in regular lot. Gave up and parked across the road at the Casting building. Went to get on the shuttle bus only to be told it only stops at Circque and not at the marketplace. Walked as fast as we possibly could and finally got Earl of Sandwich after 15 minutes of very brisk walking. All told we spent close to an hour finding parking and getting to our destination. DH ended up taking the kids back to resort while I was at Guest Services so I had to take the bus. No more marketplace bus stops which meant another 15 minute walk from the Marketplace to the bus stops by Planet Hollywood. Ridiculous!

We try not to go to DTD on weekends, especially at night. Always crowded, and I would imagine with construction, it's probably worse.

How hard is it getting to Ragland Road? We are planning to go to dinner after Animal Kingdom on Tuesday, Dec. 10. We will use Disney transportation, no car, so what would be the best way to get there? Thinking maybe boat from POFQ or SS, or should we just skip DTD this trip? Thanks for any help.

How hard is it getting to Ragland Road? We are planning to go to dinner after Animal Kingdom on Tuesday, Dec. 10. We will use Disney transportation, no car, so what would be the best way to get there? Thinking maybe boat from POFQ or SS, or should we just skip DTD this trip? Thanks for any help.

Funny, we also have an ADR at Raglan Road after our AK day, but on Saturday the 7th. Anyway, yes, I would take a bus from AK to POFQ or SSR or OKW and then boat over. I think it will be fine. They were trialing a bus from AK to DTD for a while but not sure if that is finished or not?

We went the afternoon of Saturday 11-23 from about 11a-3p and it wasn't too bad. Traffic was eh, but we found a close parking spot and there weren't many crowds. In fact we were able to do a walk up to the Rainforest Café and be seated within a few minutes.

Traffic and parking are already horrible in that area but I have never seen such a CLUSTER____ in my life!!!! First you have the usual traffic problems, and it is made worse by horrible traffic lights(that seemed like they were being controlled by Disney Employees sitting on the corner. We sat at an intersection and without exaggeration, the lights for all four directions were red, and the don't walk sign were lit in all four directions for a good 7-10 minutes!!!!

Well.....you clearly did not get your stoplight or parking FP+'s (one or the other....they are tiered) 60 days ago.

There's your problem. :thumbsup2

After a couple of trips we have figured out that Saturday night is the WORST night to go to DTD. Especially in the "off" season (is there one anymore?) when the parks close earlier, not many people want to go to bed early on Saturday night so they head to DTD. :crowded:

Funny, we also have an ADR at Raglan Road after our AK day, but on Saturday the 7th. Anyway, yes, I would take a bus from AK to POFQ or SSR or OKW and then boat over. I think it will be fine. They were trialing a bus from AK to DTD for a while but not sure if that is finished or not?
Just fyi - we've waited 45 minutes for the boat to POFQ on a Saturday night - in September!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter