Downgrading resort

Jtollison

Earning My Ears
Please help me out. Due to a recent medical diagnosis and travel expenses to Johns Hopkins we have decided to downgrade our upcoming trip from the Poly to a moderate resort. I am thinking POR since CBR and CSR are having work done. Our original dates were Nov 4-11 and we are moving it up to Sept 9-16. I am a little bummed about the downgrade but can't justify spending so much for one week. Any suggestions on moderates? We have only stayed at CBR in the past.

I can't help with the mods but just wanted to say I consider your time of year change to be an upgrade! Granted it's hotter in September, but great crowds!! I would go every September as much as I can, if I could! My favorite month crowd wise.

Good luck with your new planning.

We adore POR, it's got such a lux feeling to the vegetation and surroundings. The atmosphere is quite nice and in fact, we often choose it above some of the deluxes. Go and enjoy, don't be bummed!

Renting DVC has its caveats. Full payment typically due at booking. Plus unable to cancel with refund or modify your reservation. Either you know a owner to make the reservation for you or you use a broker agency. You lose the control over your reservation that you have with booking directly with Disney or with a travel agent. From what I heard, if you are considering this also consider travel insurance.

Please help me out. Due to a recent medical diagnosis and travel expenses to Johns Hopkins we have decided to downgrade our upcoming trip from the Poly to a moderate resort. I am thinking POR since CBR and CSR are having work done. Our original dates were Nov 4-11 and we are moving it up to Sept 9-16. I am a little bummed about the downgrade but can't justify spending so much for one week. Any suggestions on moderates? We have only stayed at CBR in the past.
Port Orleans is our favorite. We tend to stay at Riverside more often than French Quarters but both are very beautiful. Hope you are ok and enjoy your trip. September is our favorite time to go. Yes, it is hot but the crowd level is not bad.

I'm sorry you have to re-plan your trip. There have been a lot of people around here that have gotten great deals through TA's that allow them to stay at the Poly for the same price as PoR. I know that time of year in particular (maybe a bit earlier) has many good offers. Again, it is the same with DVC though, often you lose ability to cancel the vacation.

We love POFQ. As someone else pointed out, be aware of the restrictions with renting points. I avoid booking any hotel rates that require pre-payment and are non-refundable, especially so far in advance of your travel dates and with any medical issues. Not worth the stress!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter