• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Doubltree

thejason

Earning My Ears
I'll be staying @ The DoubleTree Hotel in Downtown Disney during my visit in June of 2010! I can't wait!

Any thoughts?

I'm seriously considering the DoubleTree as well - did you get a special deal for June?

We have stayed there three times now and LOVE it! The rooms are huge and comfy and the service was great. They now charge for parking but it is still worth it because great deals can be found there (we paid 79 per night this past weekend!)
Jill

My son and I stayed there in August and really liked it. The rooms were very roomy, and the mini kitchen area came in handy. Very good experience and I'd recommend it to others.

We stayed there in July, and I thought it was great.
We prefer having the Dining Plan and other perks from staying on the property, so it may be a while before we stay there again.

One of the nicest things about it is the proximity to DTD. It's not a terribly far walk, which is nice if you have meals at Resorts on the property, or you like to resort hop.

The bus service is decent, though I still prefer the Disney buses, because the DTD hotels shares buses with both other hotels and parks. Also, they run every 30 minutes, so you have to be waiting at that time, or you miss your bus. This was another reason that I liked the proximity to DTD, because if we missed our bus, we walked down and picked up a bus from DTD to one of the Monorail resorts, since the Magic Kingdom bus from the Doubletree only takes you to the TTC anyways, it would be a similar length trip from DTD.

We got a rate of $89/night, which was much less than what we would have paid to stay on the property with 6 people.
Since it was a budget trip, we also took the City Bus to and from the airport. This went more smoothly than I thought it would, and it was much less expensive that renting a car or taking a taxi. The City Bus Stop is directly in front of the Doubletree as well.

Where are you getting these amazing prices at? I'd love for us to stay there for two nights in March, and, right now, the price is significantly higher than what you previous posters found.

Where are you getting these amazing prices at? I'd love for us to stay there for two nights in March, and, right now, the price is significantly higher than what you previous posters found.

Sign Up for the Mousesavers.com Newsletters. They send out a "Hot Deals" announcement at least once a month with various discounts.
You can also get a reduced rate by just go through the link on the site, but the E-mails have the lowest rates most of the time.
http://www.mousesavers.com/dtguestsuites.html#dtrates

They probably haven't released anything for March yet, but it never hurts to check.

Did you hear much traffic noise in your room? The Double Tree location is very close to I-4, and 535.

Hi, we stayed there in August - $79 per night including breakfast - great price from Mousesavers newsletter. No traffic noise at all. Bit annoyed at the parking charge!

We have stayed there twice now and loved it. We didn't hear any traffic noise at all. 2 things that were kind of irritating - room service takes FOREVER so don't wait until you are starving to order. Also, the fan for the A/C is kind of loud (was like this in both rooms we stayed in), but the second time we stayed I remembered to bring my Tylenol PM and my earplugs that I use for my husbands snoring and I was happy as a clam. All in all, though, a great value for us, since all we really use the hotel for is to sleep and shower! :thumbsup2

DH and I are going to stay there next trip. Glad to hear the positive reviews. We have always stayed at FW in the past, but at $100/night and no "special" deals at the fort, we can't justify the expense of towing our camper and staying at the fort. Also, value resorts don't have microwaves and frigs and we really wanted to save on food. Mousesavers gives Doubletree some great reviews and with just two of us we are pretty relaxed in the way we do our touring...so Doubletree it is. :thumbsup2

I'll be staying @ The DoubleTree Hotel in Downtown Disney during my visit in June of 2010! I can't wait!

Any thoughts?

Hi!

We really enjoyed the Doubletree! We stayed there 9 nights this past June. The rooms are huge & they're even cozier than they appear in the pics. There's even a dressing area outside of the bathroom with a huge mirror that makes getting ready for multiple people much easier.

Make sure you try their restaurant - Evergreen Cafe. We ate there for dinner twice during our stay & really enjoyed it. It's a beautiful space & the food was excellent - huge portions too.

Another option available...they also have Pizza Hut items. You can call from your cell when you're on the bus heading back from the parks & they'll have your pizza ready, to pick up & take back to your room, when you arrive.

The only complaint we had was the sofa bed. I don't see how anyone could sleep on that thing! It had a wafer-thin mattress that allowed you to feel every metal support in the frame - just awful. The sofa itself was comfy but not that bed!

If you have any questions, just ask. I'm sure you'll love your stay at Doubletree!

Since it was a budget trip, we also took the City Bus to and from the airport. This went more smoothly than I thought it would, and it was much less expensive that renting a car or taking a taxi. The City Bus Stop is directly in front of the Doubletree as well.

Just a bump because I was curious about the City Bus to/from airport. Does anyone have info about this -timing, cost, etc? Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter