Doubletree Suites in WDW and their buses

JJ&JSMOM

DIS Veteran
Just wondering how efficient the buses were at the Doubletree Suites? How often did they run and where did they drop off? By the other resort stops or further away?

Seems like a very nice place - w/3 kids we could use a suite.

TIA

The DTD hotel buses run about every 30 minutes or so. Of course, there is one for each park. The MK bus stops near the Ticket and Transportation Center, which means you will have to take the monorail or ferry to the park. The other park buses drop you of at their bus parking number(ie. 27 or 29) You will have to walk a little ways from that lot, but not far.
We stayed there in May 2004 and will be there again in 2 weeks!! The extra space is a blessing!!! Have fun!! :sunny:

we stayed here in 2003 for 2 weeks
great place good pool
walk to dtd teh buses stink we used our car after 2 days

This will be our first trip to WDW & after researching we chose the DoubleTree for our accomodations. I've read good reviews. We however have decided to rent a car for two main reasons. I have read that transportation back to the hotel mid-day for breaks & naps can be a time consuming event with the provided bus service. Not good with Dniece (11) & Dnephew(4.5). We also plan to visit other attractions outside of WDW, i.e. SeaWorld & Discovery Cove. I LOVE the idea of a suite vs just a room & the value was great. Keep in mind you do NOT get the extra magic hours staying at the DT, the Hilton is the only Downtown Disney Hotel that gives you this perk.

We will be staying here in two weeks & when I was researching I saw many mixed reviews regarding the bus system. We will have a car, so we will probably drive most days, especially when we will be taking an afternoon break. I'm sure it depends on your temperment. I hate the idea of being on a bus with lots of stops, especially b/c we will have DS4 & DD2 plus 2 strollers to get on the bus. My mom enjoys the break of sitting in the air conditioning without the worry of driving. We will probably do it both ways the first few days & see what works for us.

We will also have a car. DS7 is too impatient to wait for the buses.

We stayed at DT on 7/6 -7/9. I would recommend it. We arrived at 10:30 in the morning after driving 20 hours from NY and were able to check in right away since they had a room that was ready. The pool was fun and not too crowded. We liked the suite. We decided we are a little spoiled because we usually stay at Saratoga Springs in a 2bdr. I didn't think to bring plastic silverware or paperplates , napkins etc. for our room since SS has them supplied but we ran to Goodings and it was fine. The pool bar has a great deal on a large pizza and pitcher of soda. I think it was like 12.99. Cheapest meal we had all vacation! My DH and I grabbed a beer and snacks at the pool bar and the kids rested up and had pizza in the room. On the Friday night that we were there they had a story hour for the kids. It was fun. My DD looked forward to it and it was a nice wind down after a day at the parks. They had milk and cookies for the kids. We had continental breakfast every morning in the restaurant(free since we booked through Mousesavers). We also had dinner in the restaurant one night. We enjoyed that. I definetly was pleases with the hotel particularly with the Musesavers dicounts and perks. Bus system could be a little trying but for off site it was okay.

Ami

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter