Double Tree Disney Springs

Disneyfan819

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 6 staying at AOA in September. I am currently contemplating moving our reservation to Doubletree. It will save us almost $2000. Just curious about thoughts of anyone who has stayed there and also wondering how comfortable the pull out bed is. We will be there for a week and we spend little time in our room Thank you!

We only stayed there a night, when we decided to arrive a day early. But thought it was great. It was only my adult daughter and myself. We had a 2 double bed room. No one for the pullout! Sorry. But since the resort has been refurbished and now bedrooms have queens. Probably new mattresses for living room pull out.
Suites were huge. And loved having dining room table, and long counter with sink, microwave and I think a toaster. Lots of cupboards.

We used a discount from mousesavers.com that gave us a room discount and free breakfast!

Now with decreasing benefits of staying onsite I think Doubletree is a nice option. Check out what discounts are on Mousesavers and sign up for their newsletter.

Slightly off topic but worth the information:

Just be careful if you must rent a car for this trip. Prices are insane and Hertz is refusing to honor currently negotiated contracts and is raising the rates by a lot on existing reservations.

I'm talking around $1000 for a compact car for a week. If it's a larger vehicle then be prepared to be taken for a ride with extreme price gouging doing the driving.

With off-site stays it might be better to prioritize location in case your car rental (if you have one) gets pulled and you are told "tough noogies". Then you would have to go with Lyft for transportation. There are also the traffic problems to navigate and farther away means more time in traffic.

I am staying off site on Palm Parkway by Disney Springs (Near your Doubletree) for two weeks in October. I cannot speak to rooms at that hotel, but I can vouch that it is in a good, easily accessible location for Disney. Easy in and easy out, near enough to where rideshare drivers congregate @ Disney Springs if you should need that.

I am driving down for my trip. I can stay in a suite with a kitchen for a total of $115 a night, including taxes. (I booked ahead during a sale).

There are no resort or parking fees where I am staying. I will get fantastic housekeeping, nice amenities, and a free breakfast. There will be no Disney CM's barging into my room on demand for security theater checks and there will be no trash, food trays or dirty laundry lingering in the hallways for DAYS like what is happening at Disney resorts.

You might not even have a car rental problem but hopefully someone who does would read this and confirm their existing car rental rate, or not wait to book at the last minute and have major sticker shock. I read that Hertz was not notifying customers of these huge price increases on their existing reservations. Can you imagine? I am talking like a 45% price increase.

Back to your Doubletree consideration... When I was researching resorts in this area the DoubleTree got good reviews. I would give it a chance. You're getting a better hotel experience than what Disney is offering without all the price gouging for a dirty, poorly maintained room that Disney is foisting on its guests.

It is a dark time at Disney resorts.

~NM

@Ninja Mom you’re right, car rentals are insane. For my October trip I was going to fly in a week early as I frequently do to FLL and spend a week on the beach and visit cousin & friends. But when I looked online via Costco car rentals :faint: yikes that’s just crazy. Forget about that!

The good thing about the Disney Springs hotel area is they have continuous bus service to the parks running every 30 min.

We are a family of 6 staying at AOA in September. I am currently contemplating moving our reservation to Doubletree. It will save us almost $2000. Just curious about thoughts of anyone who has stayed there and also wondering how comfortable the pull out bed is. We will be there for a week and we spend little time in our room Thank you!
You might also see if you can get an even lower rate with the Mousesavers discount, which gives you lots of perks including half off the resort fee rate! https://www.mousesavers.com/doubletree-suites-by-hilton-in-the-walt-disney-world-resort/#rates

Great choice! Especially if you are saving that much.. DoubleTree is a great hotel and reliable, it's also an official DS area hotel so you will have easy access to DS and transportation to the parks.

Slightly off topic but worth the information:

Just be careful if you must rent a car for this trip. Prices are insane and Hertz is refusing to honor currently negotiated contracts and is raising the rates by a lot on existing reservations.

I'm talking around $1000 for a compact car for a week. If it's a larger vehicle then be prepared to be taken for a ride with extreme price gouging doing the driving.

With off-site stays it might be better to prioritize location in case your car rental (if you have one) gets pulled and you are told "tough noogies". Then you would have to go with Lyft for transportation. There are also the traffic problems to navigate and farther away means more time in traffic.

I am staying off site on Palm Parkway by Disney Springs (Near your Doubletree) for two weeks in October. I cannot speak to rooms at that hotel, but I can vouch that it is in a good, easily accessible location for Disney. Easy in and easy out, near enough to where rideshare drivers congregate @ Disney Springs if you should need that.

I am driving down for my trip. I can stay in a suite with a kitchen for a total of $115 a night, including taxes. (I booked ahead during a sale).

There are no resort or parking fees where I am staying. I will get fantastic housekeeping, nice amenities, and a free breakfast. There will be no Disney CM's barging into my room on demand for security theater checks and there will be no trash, food trays or dirty laundry lingering in the hallways for DAYS like what is happening at Disney resorts.

You might not even have a car rental problem but hopefully someone who does would read this and confirm their existing car rental rate, or not wait to book at the last minute and have major sticker shock. I read that Hertz was not notifying customers of these huge price increases on their existing reservations. Can you imagine? I am talking like a 45% price increase.

~NM

Orlando LYNX Bus $16 for 7 day unlimited ride pass.

$4.50 for daily unlimited ride pass.

Orlando LYNX Bus $16 for 7 day unlimited ride pass.

$4.50 for daily unlimited ride pass.
Thanks. Just remember that you are at the mercy of long waits for a bus that makes frequent stops, thus greatly extending your commute time.

~NM

Thanks. Just remember that you are at the mercy of long waits for a bus that makes frequent stops, thus greatly extending your commute time.

~NM
It's actually alot more punctual than the Disney buses. And they run more of them. If you follow the time tables and use the bus tracking app, it works like clockwork.

The last LYNX to leave Disney Transportation Center is midnight which blows away any of the off site (non Disney Springs member) bus options which have 2 buses in the morning and 2 buses at night going back early to multiple hotels.

It's actually alot more punctual than the Disney buses. And they run more of them. If you follow the time tables and use the bus tracking app, it works like clockwork.

The last LYNX to leave Disney Transportation Center is midnight which blows away any of the off site (non Disney Springs member) bus options which have 2 buses in the morning and 2 buses at night going back early to multiple hotels.

Not to get too off topic, but Lynx is NOT as reliable as WDW buses and I would NOT recommend it for someone visiting WDW on vacation. Lynx is the local public transit system and it is primarily intended for local residents/commuters such as CMs commuting to/from work, Lynx has a reputation for being unreliable at times and difficult to navigate, especially for someone not familiar with the area.

Not to get too off topic, but Lynx is NOT as reliable as WDW buses and I would NOT recommend it for someone visiting WDW on vacation. Lynx is the local public transit system and it is primarily intended for local residents/commuters such as CMs commuting to/from work, Lynx has a reputation for being unreliable at times and difficult to navigate, especially for someone not familiar with the area.
It's actually very reliable. Much more so than the Disney buses. And also alot more modern than the old Disney buses.
It's a public bus for the public.

I know people may look down at public or "commuter" buses as beneath them but you should try it some time, we don't bite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter