Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found you (thanks for the forwarding address, Dee!)

Last thing I posted on the old thread was a tip of the hat to Ninja Mom for her terrific sense of humor. Didn't want that to go unsaid on here! :goodvibes

LOL. Of course, why should the day end here- at that made me laugh (from the old thread).

Dee, thanks for all you do & keeping the best resort thread going. It is appreciated!!

Anyway, about that drink... What time does Hurricane Hanna's open in Saturdays? It's going to bee a mad dash from check in to beverage.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The Princess Half is going fast, isn't it? It jumped up to 50% sold within the first few hours. I "ran" it in 2012 and it was lots of fun! I'm going again for 2014 but the training is going to be brutal this time as I need to pick up my speed. I'd love to know what it's like to run at DL after your race!

Yay for the 2014 Princess 1/2! Would love to hear about your experiences in 2012 and again next year! I don't think the DL 1/2 marathon course is as festive as the WDW one, but it will be fun for a 10K. Any runDisney tips for me?

These runDisney event sell out so quickly - not enough time for my husband to change his mind and agree to register! I had visions of the Princess 1/2 and a BC stay in 2014, but that's not looking likely.

I'll be sure to report back on the DL 10K in August!

Nice job on the snazzy new digs, Dee!

I don't like the feel of the ponchos.

Blech, me neither. Maybe because I am on the low end of tall (5'2"), but I feel like ponchos channel ALL the rain into my shoes. Plus, we are always at WDW in July, so wearing a poncho makes me feel sticky and gross. I'd rather just get rained on and deal with it. Good thing I'm preshrunk. :thumbsup2

Found out today that my cousin and his wife rescheduled their summer vacation to coincide with part of ours. They are DVC members (BLT), plus they all fly free because of my cousin's job, so they go about 5 or 6 times every year. They were at my house for my 4th of July party and we started talking about Disney, and their 9 y.o. son thought it would be fun to spend some time together in the parks. He's an only child, so it'll be fun for him to have my kids to hang out with. They are booked at Saratoga Springs, but waitlisted for BC. Now to see if they can piggyback on any of our ADR's.....

I found you (thanks for the forwarding address, Dee!)

Last thing I posted on the old thread was a tip of the hat to Ninja Mom for her terrific sense of humor. Didn't want that to go unsaid on here! :goodvibes

Thanks for the lovin! I truly enjoy hanging out here and pestering y'all with my 'helpful' tips and non trip reports!

~NM

Ninja Mom, I think you are spot on with your trip reporting for Dee! I'm sure she appreciates you doing this for her! You forgot to mention about her tryst with Doug Flutie in the hot tub and made no mention of her drinking in the laundry room....oh that's right, she ran out of clean clothes hence the need to go home!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Oh my GOODNESS have you guys been busy!! I've missed a few days of lurking/posting and I've got pages and pages to read! :D. I do have news, though...

Drum roll.....

I'm registered for the Princess Half Marathon!!!!

I'm excited, scared, freaking out, but mostly very happy. Lots of training to do to get ready, but I've got lots of lead time (8 months). I'm also going on my own - very tough decision. DH and I agreed that having the kids there would make it tough to get the rest I'll need pre and post race, so a solo trip it is. Never thought I'd do Disney without the family! There is a chance that one of my best friends may join me. And if she is, I may consider getting a room at BC. I just can't justify it on my own, especially when we'll have just been there in October, but if it's split two ways...? That might work. It honestly would be so nice to be able to walk back for a restful afternoon at BC after the race is done. If my legs will be able to carry me there by then. :D

K... off to bed if I can quash the excitement enough to fall asleep... :)

Thanks for starting the new thread Dee! I got behind on the other thread while I was on vacation and I don't think I was ever going to catch up. I have to admit that I'm a little concerned about refurbs going on while we are there on our trip.

coming over from previous thread. Ready for our first stay at YC September 12-18th. Thank you this is truly a VERY informative thread!

Yo!! :wave2:

I'm already starting a menu for our pre-marathon dinner at BCV in January! I'm thinking spaghetti for the runners and lasagna for the rest of the fam. I need to go read the kitchen contents of our villa to see what I need to ship down ahead of time. I know they'll have pots to boil water and make sauce, but I'm not sure about the 9x13 pan. I can always ship down some disposable ones and toss them after.

I won't even mention my upcoming trip to the Poly that I'm super excited about! :beach: Yes I am a traitor!!! But I'm still coming over to HH for a Sunken Treasure! ::yes::

Anyone know if there is a photopass photographer at Beach Club? We are staying at BC in Sept and have purchased PP+. Will have lots of family photos in the parks, would love to get one at the resort.

I won't even mention my upcoming trip to the Poly that I'm super excited about! :beach: Yes I am a traitor!!! But I'm still coming over to HH for a Sunken Treasure! ::yes::

No No....Not a traitor. We all have our 'other' resorts at WDW. I love the Lodges and visit them when we can. It's just that BC is home!

Anyone know if there is a photopass photographer at Beach Club? We are staying at BC in Sept and have purchased PP+. Will have lots of family photos in the parks, would love to get one at the resort.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well...planning on getting PP+

Jealous of all you signing up for the Princess 1/2, wishing I could bite the bullet and do it too..sigh. Speaking of Disney and active stuff, I remember at one time they did a triathlon there do they still do one? (although the thought of swimming in any Disney "lake" is grossing me out right now)

NM~where is *your* TR, my dear???:listen:

35 days, which translates to 5 weeks!!!!

The Princess Half is going fast, isn't it? It jumped up to 50% sold within the first few hours. I "ran" it in 2012 and it was lots of fun! I'm going again for 2014 but the training is going to be brutal this time as I need to pick up my speed. I'd love to know what it's like to run at DL after your race!

Just saw you "ran" the Princess. I'm trying to convince my friend to go with me, but she's not sure she can do a half. When you did it in 2012, were there lots of people power walking, too? I've been telling her that if she can at least do a 15 minute mile, she'll be ok.

They don't have the Photopass photographers at the resorts any longer. You can book a private portrait session with Disney Event Photography and they will come to the BC.

http://www.disneyeventphotography.com/portraits/

A lot of people have expressed concern about the upcoming refurb of rooms scheduled at BC for the fall and probably the YC after that.

Ninjamom and I both posted what we know so far about the work, but not much news has been released yet.

I am guessing that disruption to guests is minimized as much as possible but I can't really help with what a stay is like during the construction phase because my involvement with these resorts happened after the last refurb.

I think this is the FAQ thread that happened around the time the refurbs at BC and YC took place.

New 2008 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ

I don't have time to poke around, but perhaps there is some info there that would give some responses about what a stay was like during construction.

Did anyone here stay at the Yacht or Beach while the refurb was underway in 2008/early 2009?

Just saw you "ran" the Princess. I'm trying to convince my friend to go with me, but she's not sure she can do a half. When you did it in 2012, were there lots of people power walking, too? I've been telling her that if she can at least do a 15 minute mile, she'll be ok.

We (my sisters, BIL's, wife and I) have done the January half for the last five years. I'll even go so far as say there is a lot of latitude with the 16 minute mile. The sweepers at the end do not begin until the last runner crosses the starting lines so that gives you extra sponge time. And trust me. Us guys at the back are not "runners'. Waddlers may be more appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter