• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Donald's Defiant Dashers 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karin, I love Sparkle Skirts! I have a bunch and think they are perfect for race day. Most of mine are pretty sparkly. Good luck with your race. I'm sure you will look and do great!!

I am in a running rut. Cant seem to do much of anything. Hopefully, race day will turn things around for me. I have done RnR Philly the past two years, but this year I am giving the Fox Valley Marathon a shot.

Wanted to share:

Ran my 5th (or is it 6th?) 5k today (have run longer races now too) and knocked off 15 minutes off my PB from my first race a year ago!

I wanted to share with you guys my transformation:

This is me today:

551803_10151025956311931_887906679_n.jpg

This is me one year ago:

photo-3.jpg

Running has changed my life. Ran a 33 minute 5k today - so proud of how far I have come. Sorry to brag - just wanted to share.

Carolynn - you look great! And don't worry about bragging. You have earned it. When I hit my goal weight I shouted it from the mountain tops. WAY TO GO GIRL! :banana:

What a difference cooler weather and proper fueling makes! Felt great during the run today. 10:04 pace and only three :20 walk breaks in 8 miles. It's the first time in weeks I have had something left in the tank at the end. :)

Carolynn - you look great! And don't worry about bragging. You have earned it. When I hit my goal weight I shouted it from the mountain tops. WAY TO GO GIRL! :banana:

What a difference cooler weather and proper fueling makes! Felt great during the run today. 10:04 pace and only three :20 walk breaks in 8 miles. It's the first time in weeks I have had something left in the tank at the end. :)

:thumbsup2 X 2

Hi Ducks! Wow, a little over two weeks for the next race! Good to hear all the race reports and training going on. Terapin, congrats on your best time so far, 15 minutes is a big chunk of time. I have started a running plan again after taking the summer off, and my times have begun to improve. I just did a 5K this past weekend and my time got better from my last race by over 30 seconds. Happy for that as it was another hot day, plus I rode my bike to and from the race. I have a 10K this weekend, hope my time is comparable to last years.

Hope everyone has a great week! Keep up the running!

Hi Ducks!
17 days until we leave for Disney. Looking forward to it, I haven't done a race in 2 months.
I have been running good, did a 10.5 mile run on Saturday. I think I need a running partner, lately I have been running along and get lost in my thoughts and fine myself slowing down. Saturday at mile 9 I got passed and sped up to keep pace with the passer and I looked at my watch and was doing a 8:30 pace. Earlier in the week I was passed and sped up and ended up maintaining a 7:40 pace for 3/4 of a mile until it was time to do my walk interval. Any other solo runners out there have any tricks to keep up a better pace?
Carolynn: on the weight loss! Looking good. :thumbsup2
Liz: woohoo! on a long weekend trip to Disney. We came to the conclusion on our last weekend trip that it will probably the last trip with just the 3 of us. Steph was pretty much a sour puss the whole weekend. The parents aren't cool enough anymore for the 21 year old.
I have 2 more for Chefs Mickey on Sunday. My sister & brother in law are coming down and will be sporting their 5k medals. They might be helping Debbie drag me around after the marathon.
Karin: Steph is doing good back at school, she has a full load this semester. Hopefully she will like dental assisting (that's what Debbie does). She is so ready to get on with her life, but she hasn't found her passion yet.
To my fellow ToTer'ers: Any ideas on meeting up that weekend? I plan on taking in the Food & Wine festivities on Friday & Saturday before race time. Augie I will text you once we get in.
Have a good week everyone!
Joe

Hello Ducks :wave2: May I join you?

I just finished my 5th DL 1/2, and will start training for the DW 1/2 next week so I can get my Coast 2 Coast medal. ::MickeyMo I would appreciate some extra support to help keep my up motivation, especially when the cold weather hits

Welcome Lady!

Just a question: I thought you had to do the Coast to Coast races in the same calendar year? So all 2012, or all 2013?

---

Thanks guys and gals for the support! Feeling really good!

Airman: do you have a running watch where you can set a pace and it will beep/buzz when you are falling short or running to fast? Or just a pace watch you can refer to often?

I like reading about everyone's race and Disney plans.

We are heading down for the ToT race in about 17 days! Just DH and I. We are staying at GF and BLT each for one night (last minute arranging). We're flying out of Buffalo on the first flight Friday morning and leaving Orlando mid-afternoon on Sunday, so just a quick trip away from the kids.

Terapin - Well gee. How's that for a first impression? :blush: That'll teach me to research things better. :rolleyes1 I didn't realize the "calendar year" part, was just told within a year. Oh well, it all works out. My dad had to skip the DL half this year, and he was pretty bummed thinking he would be missing out on getting his C2C in January. This way it works out so that he, my sister and I can get them together at DL next year. There's actually 7 of us running at DW, perhaps we might talk the rest into doing DL next year so we all can get them together.:scratchin

And I'm totally jealous about the ToT. That sounds like such a fun race!

Terapin - Well gee. How's that for a first impression? :blush: That'll teach me to research things better. :rolleyes1 I didn't realize the "calendar year" part, was just told within a year. Oh well, it all works out. My dad had to skip the DL half this year, and he was pretty bummed thinking he would be missing out on getting his C2C in January. This way it works out so that he, my sister and I can get them together at DL next year. There's actually 7 of us running at DW, perhaps we might talk the rest into doing DL next year so we all can get them together.:scratchin

And I'm totally jealous about the ToT. That sounds like such a fun race!

I'm sorry - I didn't mean to make you feel self-conscious! I'm going for a C2C medal, too, with the Marathon Weekend races being my first leg. DH and I are planning to come to the Disneyland Half at the end of next summer for the DL Half.

I am so looking forward to the ToT race - except that I don't usually stay up too late so hoping I have energy to party afterwards!

Well, ducks..

I'm still training but life happened (went on a Vegas vacation, along with other stuff) so my training has been off and on.. I ran 3 miles yesterday and it felt good.. Going to get a 10 miler in sometime this week and taper down next week because I have the Nashville HM next week..

Happy Wednesday Ducks!

The mornings have cooled down a bit this week, thankfully. I'm going to appreciate cooler air for my 13 miler this Sunday. I'm going to try to awake as early as I can handle on a weekend (lol) and get it done before the sun is up too high and the heat kicks in! I sooo dislike running when the sun is above me. That's going to be a challenge for me doing the Full if it's a clear day. I'm hoping it will be cool and overcast! Yes, I'm already thinking about Marathon Weekend weather. I remember this past year at Marathon Weekend I had finished up the first leg of the relay and it was definitely getting warm and the sun was shining up there...it was beautiful but not my ideal running weather. I like to run with an ugly sky above me. lol

Tricia~I'm excited for you...doing another Disney race after a long break. :thumbsup2

Carolynn~Way to go on your accomplishments! :cool1: Your 5K time is awesome, and you look fantastic!

Karin~What time does the Philly Half start? Maybe I'll head out to do my 13 miles at that time and I can think about you running your race to keep me moving! :) Good luck!

Laura~Good luck for your next Full! I hope it pulls you out of your rut! :goodvibes

Jeni~Yay for a great 8 miler! :)

Augie~That's great you've started on a running plan. You are going to rock the Full! :woohoo:

Joe~Would listening to music with a good beat help, maybe?
Aww, sorry Steph wasn't into the trip as much this time. You and Debbie are such cool parents!
2 more for Chef Mickey's, got it. That's great you're family is joining in on the racing fun! :)

kolohe_lady~Welcome to the Ducks! :donald: We're happy to have you join us! :) Congrats on the Disneyland Half! I hope to get out there someday and do that one. When does it get cold in SLC? I have no idea what the weather is like there.

Easter~It is very hard sometimes to keep running as a priority, I know. I hope you have a great 10 miler to prepare for your half! :cool1:

I just happened to be passing through while doing some research for our upcoming trip (well, not really "upcoming" as in soon, but you know what I mean) and thought I'd stop in to say hey to my Ducks and drop off some pixiedust: and :lovestruc .

Happy Wednesday Ducks!

The mornings have cooled down a bit this week, thankfully. I'm going to appreciate cooler air for my 13 miler this Sunday. I'm going to try to awake as early as I can handle on a weekend (lol) and get it done before the sun is up too high and the heat kicks in! I sooo dislike running when the sun is above me. That's going to be a challenge for me doing the Full if it's a clear day. I'm hoping it will be cool and overcast! Yes, I'm already thinking about Marathon Weekend weather. I remember this past year at Marathon Weekend I had finished up the first leg of the relay and it was definitely getting warm and the sun was shining up there...it was beautiful but not my ideal running weather. I like to run with an ugly sky above me. lol

I bet your relay partner thought it was pretty hot for her portion of the race. ::yes::

I was wondering how your training for Goofy was going. I so wish I could be there to root you on in January! :(

Jeni~LOVE your game! How fun, here are my answers...I answered in Family Fued style...I put down the very first thing that popped in my head. Some of my answers would be different if I was picking my favorites. So this was interesting! I want to see everyone else's too. ::yes::

Round 1 – Theme Parks
1. Name any attraction in the Magic Kingdom POC
2. Name a WDW roller coaster attraction RnR
3. Name any attraction in Epcot Soarin'

Round Two - Movie
1. Name a Disney Princess Cinderella
2. Name a leading Disney cartoon character whose mother is alive at the end of his/her movie Dumbo
3. Name one of the Seven Dwarves Dopey

Round Three - Food
1. Name a place to eat character breakfast in WDW Chef Mickey's
2. Name a your favorite all-you-can-eat restaurant in WDW Boma
3. Name a frozen desert served from a cart in WDW Mickey Bar

Round Four – Music
1. Name a Disney movie composer Alan Menken
2. Name a song from a live-action Disney movie Chim Chim Cheree
3. Name a song sung by a Disney Princess (solo or duet) Little Town

Bonus Round – General Disney
1. Name a person, other than Walt Disney, whose last name is Disney Roy
2. Other than WDW, name a Disney Theme Park Disneyland
3. Name an member of the original Mickey Mouse Club Annette Funicello
4. Name a Disney parade or fireworks show (past or present) in WDW Fantasy in the Sky
5. Name a WDW attraction that no longer exists Horizons

I bet your relay partner thought it was pretty hot for her portion of the race. ::yes::

I was wondering how your training for Goofy was going. I so wish I could be there to root you on in January! :(

I was wondering if you'd chime in on that! :)

It won't be the same without you at Marathon Weekend! You will definitely be missed! :(

I was wondering if you'd chime in on that! :)

It won't be the same without you at Marathon Weekend! You will definitely be missed! :(

I haven't read this thread in forever so it was just by chance I happened to see that post. :goodvibes

And I will miss you all! But I know I'll be able to be there virtually through Facebook. :thumbsup2

ToT runners!!
Can we get together Saturday late morning on the boardwalk or DTD?
We are staying at Old Key West. I am running with a friend and leaving the husband and kids home this trip.
I wanted to put these times out there.

I'm for a get together at the Boardwalk, we will be carbo loading at Epcot anyways, so it will be a easy walk over.
Joe

Liznboys - Thanks for the welcome :goodvibes I'm happy to have found this group! The DL half is lots of fun. It was the first one I ever did, and is still my fave. It just started cooling down here. Still have highs in the 80's, but there's a definite chill when the sun isn't high. The tops of the mountains should be getting their first snow in the next few weeks, and it usually snows down here in the valley at least once before Halloween.

Terapin - No worries :) I'm glad you pointed out the facts. I'm prone to making silly mistakes like that. Nuthin' I'm not used to!

I'm in the last days of my 2 week 'no-run' break, which is great cuz I'm going through withdrawls. Doing a 5k Color Run this Saturday. But it's just for fun, they don't even time it. Has anyone done one before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter