• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Donald's Defiant Dashers 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terapin - After the ToT, I'm planning on taking two days completely off to recoup. Then two short, 2-mile runs during the week and back to 7 miles the next weekend. I talked to a few Goofy folks last year about training. Most said they stuck to a basic marathon program but occassionally added a shorter run on the day before their long run to get used to running back to back. Good luck!

Maddy- Have a great trip!

The Brooks Ghosts are GREAT! Ran in them for the first time yesterday. No problems at all. They are light and flexible. The rounded toe box fits my wider feet really well. They actually felt better than my broken in New Balance. I raved so much to DH that we are going to get him fitted today. And right now, the Ghost 4s are on sale since the 5s just came out. I'm probably going to end up with an extra pair.

Thanks Jenifred - that should work for me as I run T,W,TH and S,S right now, with my long run on Sundays, and a shorter run on Saturdays, so I am getting several days a week of back-to-back. I use the Running Room program.

I worked out a basic marathon schedule that picks up a week after my half, with an extra rest day in that week. It seems like it maps out ok, with the mileage and stuff. I guess I will have a better idea of what I need and how to prepare better after my first half and the ToT race.

Saw Tink again this morning. He was on his bike, pink basket and all. He's now tinted his hair. Think "Incredibles" Dash blonde hair, only the same length on the sides as on the top. Now Tink has got an orange/pink tint to the top of his head.

He had his white tutu on, but he was wearing a dark purple leotard with white piping accents. I've never seen this one before. It had a plunging front and back V-neck. Very dramatic!

Yes, most mornings, he's the highlight of my run. :sad2:

11 miles this week, so I'm back to building miles.

Is there room for another Duck?

I'm 15 (16 in September) and love to run! Right now I'm having knee problems, so I can't train at the moment. I plan on running a 5k in October if the knees will allow it and then a half marathon sometime after Christmas.

Hey Guys!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

MADDY - maybe we'll bump into each other during the Rock 'N Roll. I don't know how fast I'll be though...this is my first time doing races so close together.

Off to run 17 miles this morning...we'll see how it goes! I see a lot of "Lose Yourself" and "Til I Collapse" in my future!

Morning! Off to run 12k (my longest run yet!). My mileage is slowly creeping up! Bought some Newtons and had my first run in them yesterday. Was warned that my calves and heels would be killing but feeling good this morning. Running my long run in my regular shoes.

Anyway, have a great day!

Welcome ZFamily5!

I'm 15 (16 in September) and love to run! Right now I'm having knee problems, so I can't train at the moment. I plan on running a 5k in October if the knees will allow it and then a half marathon sometime after Christmas.

:welcome:

Welcome to the flock, always room in the pond.

I watched the Olympic marathon this morning, it amazes me how smooth they run. When I run I feel like a dump truck. Next time out I am going to try to channel my inner Kenyan and see how that goes. The course was cool to see. Back in the day when we lived in England, Debbie and I spent a lot of time touring London. Watching the Olympics makes me want to go back.

Running has been good, but I had some upper foot pain on Thursday like I did last fall, so I am taking the weekend long run off and get back on the trail this week. The foot pain kept me from enjoying the after party during last years Wine & Dine, I don't want a repeat at this years ToT 10 miler. Debbie has been rehabbing an achilles problem that has been frustrating her, but she is back to running and is up to 3 miles with 2 miles walking.

Sounds like everyone is keep up with the training and doing well with little setback. Keep it up!

Have a good week.

Joe

I hope y'all will indulge me in posting this:

I am excited!

I am running with the NF Canada Dream Team for my October 14th Scotiabank Half Marathon! My son, who is 14, has NF1 and I am thrilled to be able to participate in raising funds for NF Canada in his honour. It is so hard to watch your child struggle with a disease, and I can use this event to channel my feet on the pavement into raising funds for this terrific charity.

I'd so appreciate if anyone donated, big or small.

https://www.giving.runningroom.com/h...&guest=1&lan=1

Hi Ducks! Happy Tuesday morning!

I'm surviving the heat and getting my runs in, they are slow but all I care about is doing the miles! I'm up to 7 for my long run...I'm sort of following the Galloway Goofy plan.

Joe~I'm sorry about Stephanie's friends. :( I hope she's doing well.

Phil~This Goofy will be my first marathon. I have no time goal. If I was wanting to do my first full with a certain time goal, I wouldn't be doing Goofy for it. I'd just do the full and do Goofy another year. This may be my one and only full so I'm going all the way and getting that Goofy medal!

ZFamily5~Welcome to the Ducks! :donald: Ok, you're officially the baby of our group. You can be our Duckling! Lol ;) :goodvibes I hope your knees feel better so you can get back to it! I took a look at your TR, you have a beautiful family. :)

Carolynn~That's great you're running to raise funds in honour of your son. How wonderful! I can imagine your excitement. :goodvibes

Everyone~Way to go on all the races and runs you've been getting done! Keep it up!!!

Welcome Duckling! (Liz - I love the nickname.) I read your TR. You and you sisters are darling. Keep those knees healthy so we can see you in a Disney run one day! Good luck in October.

Run Disney just released the Marathon Medal Design - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I6Sr4TPoKo. I think it looks great.

Our first half was the 15th anniversary of the WDW Half. Our first full will be the 20th Anniversary of the WDW Full. I told DH that 2015 will be the 10th Anniversary of the Goofy. If we are going to do it, that would be the year. He looked at me like I was crazy. Good thing the anniverary is two years away, because it will take me that long to talk him into it.

Good luck with your runs this week Ducks!

The medal is awesome!!! I only hope it's stronger than the similar keychains I've purchased in the past. The spinner inside has always broken and fallen out. However, I suspect that may only be a problem if I wear the medal 24/7! :lmao:

Welcome ZFamily5!

Thank you!

Thank you so much!

Welcome to the flock, always room in the pond.

Thank you!

ZFamily5~Welcome to the Ducks! :donald: Ok, you're officially the baby of our group. You can be our Duckling! Lol ;) :goodvibes I hope your knees feel better so you can get back to it! I took a look at your TR, you have a beautiful family. :)

Thank you! I love the nickname! I'm going to see the doctor Thursday, so hopefully I'll get some answers then. Thank you so much!

Welcome Duckling! (Liz - I love the nickname.) I read your TR. You and you sisters are darling. Keep those knees healthy so we can see you in a Disney run one day! Good luck in October.

Thank you! I love the nickname too! Thank you so much! I tend to think they're pretty darling too! :) I'm working on getting the knees back to working condition! Thank you so much!

Hi everyone!

I have to say after seeing the marathon medal today has got my psyched for January.:cool1:
The family 5K medal looks really nice also, I might have to talk Debbie into doing it that weekend. I had a good run after work today, 5 miles and the foot survived. I found out tonight that my 10k on Saturday was cancelled, which is disappointing. I guess I will shoot for a 11 mile run on Saturday instead.

Jeni: your 10th anniversary Goofy plan for 2015 has given me something to think about. I think doing the Goofy the year I turn 50 might be a good milestone.

Liz: Steph is doing good, thanks.
She texted me from Turkey after she got the news and was pretty sad and mentioned that she wanted to go to Disney World. We are going down Thursday night the 23rd for the weekend. We got an AP discount for AS'Movies and a break on plane tickets. This will be the first trip just the 3 of us has been to WDW since 2006. The boyfriend will be housesitting taking care of the 4 legged babies that weekend. I am really looking forward to getting away even if it is just for 3 days. Debbie and I's 27th anniversary is the 24th and the 3 of us have a reservation at Chefs de France for lunch. Our 1st anniversary we were in the French Riviera and the 27th is at the France pavilion at Epcot, kind of the same.:rolleyes1

Have a great week Ducks.

Joe

Hi Ducks! Happy Wednesday, good to see everyone is out running and staying active. The ToT is not too far in the future, with the Full not so far behind. Cool looking medal! I will have to start a more serious training program for that. So far, my summer running has consisted of just doing races, mostly 5K's, with a 4 and a 5 miler thrown in, and a 10K next weekend. Next weekend meaning the 26th, this coming weekend is a 5K. It has just been so hot here. Today I was going to bike up to Scout camp in RI but the weather got real rainy today, so hoping to do it tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good week! Welcome to our new 'duckling'! And watch out for tutu's.......

I registered for the 5K this morning. I am going DOPEY! :crazy: The 5K will be pure walking and pure fun! I booked another night at OKW so I've got my room covered for 4 nights now. And pretty soon I'll buy my flights.

Jeni~It's cool you've been doing the anniversary races. You HAVE to do the Goofy 15th! Good luck convincing your dh!

Tanya~I've had a couple of those kinds of keychains from WDW and mine broke too! This medal better be way better quality than those (I'm sure it will be. :))

Duckling~Good luck at your appt tomorrow!

Joe~That's great you're doing a quick trip to WDW next weekend. And the France connection is perfect!

Augie~Good luck with your races!

Well, Ducks, I got my long run in this morning because we have a busy day today and tomorrow. 9 miles, and it went really well! Actually, all my runs have been going very well lately. I'm not sure what's up with that, so I hope I didn't just jinx myself. Half marathon in two weeks - and it's looking good!

We're picking up another dog today! He's a Golden Retriever/Great Pyrenees mix. 6 mos. old and 60 lbs. He's gonna be a big boy! Our current Golden is 11 years old and while he still has some good years left, he's getting up there.

Happy waddling to everyone this weekend. Quack, quack!

Cutting my January trip short. Just going Friday - Monday. Had guilt being in Disney for so long, without the kids, and on my birthday. Will be traveling home somewhat early now, so I can be home that night for birthday dinner. Circumstances at home have changed that have caused me to calm down the travel schedule much to my dismay. Damn guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter